It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Teen Murder Suspect Says She's a Vampire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Florida Teen Murder Suspect Says She's a Vampire

www.nbcmiami.com

An 18-year-old Florida girl accused of helping lure a 16-year-old boy into a fatal trap says she's a vampire who has drunk the blood of her boyfriend.

Stephanie Pistey confirmed assertions by police in Parker, Fla., that the people involved in the July murder of 16-year-old Jacob Hendershot were in a vampire cult. Pistey, who was arrested last Monday and charged with accessory to murder, said she sees herself as a modern day Dracula.

"Since I was like 12 every fiber in my body, basically everything, I know this is going to be crazy, but I believe that I'm a vampire and part werewolf,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've always hated it when people blame violent movies and video games on influencing children to do heinous things.

Stories like this, and maybe my getting older, make me second-guess that dismissive attitude.

When I was a teenager (around half my life ago), there was just beginning to be the goth scene following Marilyn Manson. Just some black hair, eyeshadow and black clothes with profanity, etc.

Now I am worried that this "scene" is evolving and becoming more insidious as a schizophrenic type of disorder.

And the more realistic these games and movies get over the years, the more entwined our kids' psyches will become with them.

No one ever thought they were Mario or Luigi...get my drift? Or am I the insane one?

www.nbcmiami.com

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Kids will be kids.

Some will be intelligent, caring, contributory; others will pretend to be mythological creatures.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wouldn't the fact that she has not been able to transform into a bat and fly out of police custody tip her off that she may be incorrect in her beliefs??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
Kids will be kids.

Some will be intelligent, caring, contributory; others will pretend to be mythological creatures.

Unfortunately we are not talking about 5 year-olds playing pretend that they are dragons. This girl actually acts out what she is "pretending".

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
ohnoes..

did butters get out again?

cj6

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
See what Twilight is doing to the kids of America!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
Kids will be kids.

?? kids will be kids?

Its one thing to pretend you are a mythological creature, and quite another to be "drinking" blood, and actually killing humans.

I have seen a growing subculture of fascination with these very dangerous "mythological" ideas and concepts , and it isn't adding anything positive to the state of this world.

edit on 28-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by micmerci

Good point. She also states, later in the article, she expects to stay in prison the rest of her life. Aren't vampires immortal?

This shows my point glaringly of the schizophrenic nature of these teens pretending to be werewolves and the like.

link   
Nutjobs will always be nutjobs no matter what they wear.
I suggest this girl and her ilk watch less True Blood or Twilight and sit them down to a nice Poppy Z Brite book.
Once they get what happens when female vampires go near their fiancee's they might drop the Vampire bollocks like a tonne of bricks and just admit they are fruitbats.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
See what Twilight is doing to the kids of America!

pfft stupid sparkly vampires....shes not a vampire at all
these are vampires.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

You cant blame movies, music and games cause there is 1 in a whole bunch whos nuts..

and thats just it these people are crazy - who knows maybe movie helped but it dosnt change the fact that its safe and ok for 99.8% of the rest of us and our kids

link   
if she is crazy enough to believe this crap in the beginning, it wasn't going to be long before she did something. most people can differentiate between fiction and reality, but some can't.

the flavor the violence takes is but the form following the function. she is obviously extremely mentally disturbed, and by chance calling herself a "vampire" is what she latched on to.

it isn't that video games and TV make people violent, it's just that crazy people imitate the particular brand of violence they subscribe to. millions of teens read vampire novels, and while i find the books distasteful, the vast majority of teens who read them don't go out killing people and drinking blood.

crazy is as crazy does.

link   
btw.

she being a 'modern day vampire' has nothing to do with the murder itself.

it makes the article more exciting.

Police initially believed the boy was lured to a home and beaten to death because Pistey accused him of raping he

link   

Originally posted by kalunom
When I was a teenager (around half my life ago), there was just beginning to be the goth scene following Marilyn Manson. Just some black hair, eyeshadow and black clothes with profanity, etc.

Now I am worried that this "scene" is evolving and becoming more insidious as a schizophrenic type of disorder.

Well, no. A crazy person is a crazy person. Jeffrey Dhamer didn't dress up like Azrael Abyss, prince of Sorrow, after all. Thousands of thousands of people have done that "goth" thing. Know how many "killer vampires" there's been out of that, for the last thirty years of the scene?

Maybe five? Frankly the people in goth costumes are probably better-adjusted than people in mariachi bands.

And the more realistic these games and movies get over the years, the more entwined our kids' psyches will become with them.

No one ever thought they were Mario or Luigi...get my drift? Or am I the insane one?

www.nbcmiami.com

Tell me, are these "realistic" games and movies making YOU go out and kill little boys? Did you go out and kill little boys back in the 80's, when Tipper Gore and other such stellar personalities were assuring your parents that that's exactly hat Twisted Sister and ALF were making you do?

Probably not.

Don't take one crazy person as evidence for a cultural icon.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
if she wishes to believe that she is a vampire then she should have the freedom to do so, however, it does not matter if you are a angel if you kill a human being you should be punished. just like people cant say its my religion to kill people this girl cannot say that she did it because she is a vampire. if she really thinks that blood is her life force then there are multiple ways to get it without sacrificing anyone.

i also have to note that she is giving her entire self into her belief, like many others do.
edit on 28-9-2011 by unchainedone because: removing a word

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
reply to post by kalunom

You cant blame movies, music and games cause there is 1 in a whole bunch whos nuts..

You must be either a teen or still in you 20's. As soon as you get enough real world experience under your belt and you are paying attention and not in defense of what you love mode you will understand whats going on.

It is amazing people acknowledge commercials will break down your barriers and you finally buy the product. Yet still do not understand the violence that is being sold to us through desensitization.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeleneLux

do you think football isn't violent, or soccer? how-about hockey? the fans get in fights, start riots, people are even killed.

here are some riot pictures:

i've never seen masses of gamers supporting "halo 3" beating up and killing people who like "call of duty" more. there hasn't been any concrete evidence to suggest that video game violence translates over to real world violence.

having said that, there are always nut jobs. can you provide evidence that games turn even a small percent of gamers into violent killers?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah, the vampire thing probably started with the role-playing game Vampire: A Masquerade, but it has evolved into a different kind of community which is based mostly online, but also consists of hundreds of separate cult-style vampire/vampyre houses.

It has nothing really to do with pop culture, and is more like yet another religion/cult which has a number of crazy people in it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
this doesnt help the "mind control doesnt exist" crowd one bit.

id say the "no subliminal messages" camp will also have a hard time with this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join