It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is truth? Searching for reason and logic in a world dominated by faith

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What is that supposed to mean for me and others? How can I know that you are alive without evidence? Today it more likely there would be some way to prove this individual was alive and lived all his/her life in their hometown. What I would like to see is evidence and see if the evidence is fact. If Moses was alive and living in the Pharaoh's home then where is the evidence? If there is how accurate is the evidence? See what I'm saying?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatsHappenin666
What is that supposed to mean for me and others? How can I know that you are alive without evidence? Today it more likely there would be some way to prove this individual was alive and lived all his/her life in their hometown. What I would like to see is evidence and see if the evidence is fact. If Moses was alive and living in the Pharaoh's home then where is the evidence? If there is how accurate is the evidence? See what I'm saying?

I don't concern myself with the dead. I concern myself with the living.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Again I ask you what do you mean by that? What is the living? It seems you are a Christian? Correct? If so you believe in Jesus from the common Christian perspective. I would like to see evidence for the life, the death, and resurrection of Jesus. Can you present evidence or not? It doesn't matter if someone is living or not. The truth is not born to began with. I need evidence to back up a claim.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

My faith is in the Sun: I am Native american/white. We believe in that which we can see. The sun warms our home, provides the means to produce food, gives us light. our ansestors believed in sun gods and somehow we when from sun worshipper to some dude.

So you worship the sun as your life source and have faith in it, is my understanding. You life source seems to be throwing off some powerful flares as of late..do you have any explanations for that?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Again I ask you what do you mean by that? What is the living? It seems you are a Christian? Correct? If so you believe in Jesus from the common Christian perspective. I would like to see evidence for the life, the death, and resurrection of Jesus. Can you present evidence or not? It doesn't matter if someone is living or not. The truth is not born to began with. I need evidence to back up a claim.

I am not Christian my friend. You can puruse my threads to see that my beliefs are not those of Christians. This does not mean that I do not hold Christ and his teachings as my way, truth, and life.

Too much time is wasted looking back at that which has perished. I prefer to look forward at what lives, and what will come to live.

You want evidence of what I do not subscribe to. You asked for truth in your title. I gave you truth. Nothing more, nothing less.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 28-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

To me that is not truth at all. You can say you do not identify as a Christian and present Jesus as a peacemaker. But I can also present Jesus as described in the "Christian bible" in a negative light. We'll both be correct. Since we would cheery pick the verses we want to use to show support to our ideas. If you're going to follow the teachings of Jesus as described in the "Christian bible" then question the teachings. Use reason and logic; do you believe what I am reading is accurate from history, is it influenced from other myths, and on and on. I just do not see what your saying as offering proof. It's a testimony nothing more nothing less.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

To me that is not truth at all. You can say you do not identify as a Christian and present Jesus as a peacemaker. But I can also present Jesus as described in the "Christian bible" in a negative light. We'll both be correct. Since we would cheery pick the verses we want to use to show support to our ideas. If you're going to follow the teachings of Jesus as described in the "Christian bible" then question the teachings. Use reason and logic; do you believe what I am reading is accurate from history, is it influenced from other myths, and on and on. I just do not see what your saying as offering proof. It's a testimony nothing more nothing less.

You do not take me at my word that I live?

You wish to discuss reason, I have a thread on reason.

You wish to discuss Christ, I have numerous threads on Christ.

You asked for truth. I gave you truth. You rejected it.

If you cannot accept the plain simple truth that I live, you will not accept anything else as truth that I provide.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

That is not proof at all. You can say that you 'live'. But what does it mean to live and how can you prove you are a real person? For all I know you can be someone from a far-away country posing a White man who is a Christian. See what I mean. A testimony can sell to the person who people are looking to convert. But it's just a testimony. I do not see Jesus as a historical person in any shape or forum. I don't see any version of the Christian Jesus, I do not see the Islamic view of Jesus, and so on. I just do not see it because a lack of solid evidence. It's not only about Jesus. It's all beliefs, myths, and religion.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
She's Moody at the moment,
its also that time of the decade. its also her cycle so much like jupiter and its red spot a storm thats been rageing since like forever ago......its a cycle

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

That is not proof at all. You can say that you 'live'. But what does it mean to live and how can you prove you are a real person? For all I know you can be someone from a far-away country posing a White man who is a Christian. See what I mean. A testimony can sell to the person who people are looking to convert. But it's just a testimony. I do not see Jesus as a historical person in any shape or forum. I don't see any version of the Christian Jesus, I do not see the Islamic view of Jesus, and so on. I just do not see it because a lack of solid evidence. It's not only about Jesus. It's all beliefs, myths, and religion.

I did not ask anything of you. I did not try to convert you. I did not tell you who I am or where I am from.

Simple. I live.

If you do not believe that I live, then this is a point less endeavor.

I Live too!

A better conversation companion.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

but as for the bible I do not see any correlation between the bible and the sun the sun has been around for MILLIONS of years and the bible has constant new editions unveiled every year its sick a tweak here a tweak there.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
From the cleverbot...

me: Do you live?
CB: Yes I live.
me: How do I know?
CB: You don't.
me: True.
CB: I'm glad we see eye to eye.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Well looks like we have hit a stalemate. Living doesn't offer me proof about Jesus and his teachings as depicted in one of the many the Christian bibles and books. To me saying you live is not proof to a non-believer.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well looks like we have hit a stalemate.

Indeed.

Time to grab a beer then.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Your comment reminded me of the website "unspoken bible". The author is an Atheist and is critical of religion (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) you get the picture. He uses sources to draw his conclusion on how the bible and the stories originated. He presents the original authors used astrology and current myths to explain life and used stories of Adam and Eve, and what not to explain it.

Unbeknown to billions of theists, the Bible was written in astronomical allegory. The Bible's writers as well as the pagan mythmakers perceived the sky to be another world inhabited by heroes and gods. Astronomy, astrology and parallel myths provide the keys to unlocking the code.

Astrology

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I do not drink! Can I have water instead?
hahaha.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Would be hard to give some evidence about religions. It is about faith. For example there are two people talking about a business plan, and after calculating it the chance will be 50% success or 50% bankrupt. First guy have faith it will be success and the second guy have faith it will be bankrupt.

Neither cant give solid evidence of what they claim. They both had lots of factors in mind when calculating it, the different only when weighing the factors.
For them to provide hard evidence of what they claim, they should start the business and see what will happen, until its proven if business will be succeeded or bankrupt.
Some factors from both side and they way they put value of it, one will say it is his evidence but the other say it is not, and so vice versa.

Beside the possibility if god exist or not, if not, things will just on and off and no validation after we are all dead. And if god exist, and god who create all including the higher science and technology, how can logic, science and technology these days can measure and prove god. It will be a matter of faith forever no matter what reality will tell in the future.
Everyone will hold what they believe, base on the factors they know and how they put value on it.

Question is, why people who supposed to be fully sure with either faith, with all the factors they know but still attacking other believe who put faith differently? Dont we just need to wait, and see what will happen, unless from any side there are some people who can provide solid evidence that accepted by both side. And try to build a harmony life, the life that we can enjoy it together without stealing rights of the next generations.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatsHappenin666

Im not sure if that was a good or bad thing. but thank you either way im just not into reading a book that constantly changes it just like columbus discovered haiti.......back in my day it was unspecified america.
they need to leave history alone.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I do not drink! Can I have water instead?
hahaha.

No. I offered water first, and you turned it down.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Greetings my fallow users. Last night I asked a few users how their faith is true and correct. I did not get the answer I wanted. What I would like to know how is your faith and/or religion true? How many people have been given tracts, asked by people of different faiths (Christian, JW's, Mormons, Muslims) about what they believe in and how they consider a different alternative in life, and so on. To me no religion is correct over the other religions. It's just a matter of faith. But what I'm looking for is evidence to support your views. Say you're a Jew, Christian or even a Muslim. We get a discussion about Moses. How can you prove to me Moses is a historic figure and evidence to support the life of Moses. Another example would be Jesus. A testimony doesn't offer me proof or cheery picking a verse from a holy book will not convince me that this figure was prophesied. That's not proof of evidence. Again I ask for evidence for proof of your beliefs.

"Faith" is defined as a belief that is not based on proof: or confidence or trust in a person or thing. You speak of Moses, have you ever read The Sword of Moses? If you believe in the Bible, then you know that Moses was raised in the Palace of the Pharaoh as his own son, so Moses was certainly imbued with all knowledge of Egyptian Magick, which even today is renowned for it's power. The Ancient word of "Abracadabra" is attributed to Moses, said in sequence as a whole, then without the last letter, until just the 'A' is left is a great way to reduce fever, and it works! The "Rod" or "Staff" of Moses was a Magick Wand, and there is some evidence that Moses was a Sumerian.

I am just like you are, WhatsHappenin666, I am very well read, and an avid religious researcher, so yes, proof of what they say is true would be very nice, but then they have no proof. I once offered $1000 cash money to a minister if he could prove to me that Jesus was a reality. Well, I still have the money, if anyone would like to collect, just show proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join