It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone with matching dreams or visions??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by fishman1985

There will be lots of people with similar dreams. The vast majority of users on here are from the USA...83% of Americans believe in god.

Like i say, if an agnostic/athiest/non believer were dreaming like this then i could understand the confusion...and need to find out why they are dreaming about such things.

If you look through this forum, you will find many threads, where people see exactly the same as you. Its not coincidence, its a shared belief.....i think you will find most of the threads are made by people who believe in one god or another

I'm an atheist and have had very similar dreams. I've posted elsewhere in this category to that effect. It has nothing to do with a god. FYI, I believe our spirit survives death, eternally. I just don't believe there's a "god".

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

There will be lots of people with similar dreams. The vast majority of users on here are from the USA...83% of Americans believe in god.

Like i say, if an agnostic/athiest/non believer were dreaming like this then i could understand the confusion...and need to find out why they are dreaming about such things.

If you look through this forum, you will find many threads, where people see exactly the same as you. Its not coincidence, its a shared belief.....i think you will find most of the threads are made by people who believe in one god or another

I'm an atheist and have had very similar dreams. I've posted elsewhere in this category to that effect. It has nothing to do with a god. FYI, I believe our spirit survives death, eternally. I just don't believe there's a "god".

Im not saying you have to believe that there is an actual god... but think of the logic in this statement. The first rule of physics is that matter cannot be created or destroyed.

so if matter cannot be created or destroyed where did all the matter that the universe is made of come from? To say that it always existed seems kind of illogical because for it to exist it has to have been created at some point. I say believe in a creator withou putting labels on what are who are what it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
why did ats move this post?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

When i have disaster dreams they are usually GIANT tsunamis. My most recent of these dreams happened when i was at course and the tsunami air-horn sirens started to go off, so me and some friends got in a car and started to drive trying to get to high ground.
We were going along a stretch of straight road when i looked up at the sky and saw a monstrous, very daunting, ominous thing coming straight towards us. The tip of the wave was dark, and it hit us before i could tell my friends what was coming.

The last that happened in the dream was when i found myself suspended in fast moving water, then i woke up.

Another tsunami dream i had was when i went to school:
I went into the principals office and the building shook, the principal thought it was just another earthquake until water started coming from under the door, we left the room and started running down the hall to try get to higher ground. Then i was in a house i help me Nan clean. I ran up the stairs to tell my Nan and she didn't believe me.
So i walked up to the screen-door out-looking the ocean and saw sets of big waves coming towards us. I told my Nan to look, then the first wave hit the house. My Nan and i ran into one of the back rooms. We thought it was over so i went back out in front of the screen-door and saw a bigger wave about the size of the house (two stories) with a larger man sitting on an inflatable doughnut. That's when that strange dream ended.

Also, when i was younger i used to dream of erupting volcanoes, where i live that's a possibility. I was walking along my road back home and i remember thick, sticky looking lava, moving very slowly... walking pace was faster then it was moving lol.

I had an earthquake dream, it was yet another lucid. I was up on a farm with one of my closest friends, and quite a large earthquake started, id say about an 8.5. My friend and i were inside the house on farm a. The shaking started and i ran outside only to find big gumtrees falling down sideways with the roots ending up exposed. The roof on the house collapsed, i look over the hills and they were literally rolling like waves. It was about 6 minutes before the quake stopped and i ran inside to fund my friend, i found here and we started walking out over the farm, it was more like a prairie. We got to this native gully and the dream finished.

My most recent weird dream, is long so ill just put the relevant part of it down.
Some of my friends and i were standing on top of a parking-lot looking over some beautiful mountains.
I noticed these monuments behind them and i called out to my friends "look its South America!" i pointed towards the monuments, the one on the left was a enormous tower with statues of Griffins perched around the top, the second on the right was in the style of an ancient Aztec temple. I told my friends "they are made out of gold, but they are so old that the gold turned green, they are so huge".
The sight of these buildings stuck such an epic feeling of awe in me, it was jaw-dropping, beautiful.
That was the second time Ive had a dream with these beautiful monuments and i want to go back and see them again.

Another dream i had on the same night was in the Jersey Shore house, i round-house kicked Deena,

I'm sure im not the only one that's had a dream like that one lol.
edit on 11/3/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I know yours is an old post, but I wonder do you still hold the same beliefs about people who believe in God as being 'ignorant'..? There are astrophysicists who believe in God. There are quantum physicists who believe in God. There are neurosurgeons, molecular biologists, chemical engineers & marine architects who believe in God.

The difference between someone who believes in God, and an atheist, is not always (in fact, quite rarely, considering how young our race is) a person who holds infantile conceptions of the dynamic of the Human Condition, as relates to the potential that an Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient Personality exists; and not only exists, but also cares for the Universe, including those realms beyond material reality, which oftentimes we reach into via various not-yet-understood means. Dreams, visions, ecstasy; a sense of Divine presence during prayer & meditation, and to a lesser extent, phenomena such as astral projection & remote viewing - all require investigation.

There are regions of our brains which we use often, and others that we rarely (if ever) seem to access. It's something like 90% of our brains that we do not use. There are some excellent resources out there which delve into the mysteries of Human DNA & consciousness, often concluding that our physical bodies are literally biomechanical machines, which are activated & primarily operated by the presence of a residing consciousness. Most processes are naturally subconscious, and will continue so long as the consciousness is still connected to the physical form by some means. A wealth of testimony (and this is the only form of evidence we can reliably obtain at present) has been gathered concerning similarities in actual death experiences (followed by resuscitation by medical intervention), or OOBE's, or lucid dreaming, or willful astral projection - seeming to suggest that some form of conscious survival exists beyond normal 'in-body' life.

The other side of things to consider is that in a majority of cases, a firm conviction in the belief of a Universal Deity not only provides comfort & optimism in the face of difficult life circumstance, but also encourages social cohesion, and improves the likelihood that a person will obey that mysterious voice we all know so well - that of conscience, which remains vital to our ethical decision-making processes (so long as we don't cauterise it by disobedience.) 'Every being in the Universe knows the difference between right & wrong' - but many choose to ignore their conscience, for the sake of personal temporal gain.

The only thing that we can take with us, with our personality (soul/spirit) - should consciousness survive beyond death - is the love we have for others, the love they have for us, and the memories of the love we have shared whilst upon the Earth (relationships, duties, charitable endeavour...) If we hold that God exists, we are bound by the law of conscience, recognising it is a divine mandate to all sentient 'Children of Providence'.

Our highest aim in this life should be to ask for, seek out & knock upon the door which leads us into a relationship with that sovereign Deity whom we suppose, from reflections upon the nature of Reality, to exist, somewhere beyond (usually) the realm of our immediate sensory inputs.

Keep an open mind, and don't deride those who hold to belief in God as ignorant. Claiming that a belief in God is akin to a belief in 'sky fairies' is downright disrespectful. God, should He in fact exist, would be no ephemeral or irrelevant little 'sky fairy', but would rather be an infinitely Wise, infinitely Powerful, infinitely Loving, infinitely Vast LORD of all that exists, of all eternity - the Ancient of Days, no less. He would have absolute moral & parental authority over all 13 billion years of the universe, over the billions of galaxies, and of course over everything occurring within this tiny, insignificant little corner of the Universe, in this tiny little galaxy. NB - a galaxy so big (in relation to us, on our tiny 'mote of dust' planet) that it takes 100,000 years for light to travel, at 186,000 miles a second, to get from one side of the starfield to the other.

The constants of Nature, of physics, suggest that Order, and NOT chaos, is sovereign over the Cosmos. The myriad mysteries of this vast plane of existence spiral back to a centre which suggests 'unknowability' - leading to a need for direct conscious revelation from the Power above all powers, when we eventually explore Consciousness & Reality in humility, as we should.

I've many other things to say regarding these sorts of phenomena, and realised as I was writing this reply that I've made enough headway with the issue to compose a reasonable thread on the subject - I'll be incorporating parts of this post into that thread, at some point soon.

FITO.

edit on 13-1-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: layout/ grammar

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I dream of I Dream Of Jeannie...

I've had some unusual dreams, but have not shared the same with any one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join