It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

This above all:
To thine own self be true,
for it must follow as dost the night the day,
that canst not then be false to any man.

People are their own best judge of what the truth they should know is. That shakespeare quote is inspired by socrates, the essence of knowing the truth of our existence. Our government is being run by a cabal, why should they know the truth and not us? Cabals are selfish and about their own Egos and their own will; which lately hasn't been the will the people who allowed them to come to power. I deserve to know, don't put your faith to know in these so-called earth appointed leaders and authorities. La Vecchia religione.
edit on 4-10-2011 by MarkScheppy because: lala

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
One reason that probably has to be true - Is that ... President Obamas Joint Chiefs of Staff, do not want to be labled as the first JCOS that reccomended to a U.S. President, that he should release full ET disclosure too the public.

Also... they don't want the U.S. military defense forces, being labled as second fiddle to an unknown superior force that dominates our skys because it would be a sign of weakness too the other-worlder's.

The Obama administration, as in previous administration's are hedging there bets, on having the other-worlder's making the first move on the military takeover of Earth if it ever comes to fruition.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Myself. I`d like to know, I really would. And it would not affect my religious beliefs one iota because I don`t believe/follow any religion. I never have and never will.
I do believe that if this planet is/has been visited by another life form and my elected Prime Minister or President or whatever is withholding this from me, then he/she is wrong to do so.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm sitting on the fence with the whole alien visiting Earth thing, but I believe intelligent Aliens exist, its just a fact of the maths involved. But to answering your post, maybe it's got more to do with keeping the status quo. Religion is still deep seated within the the majority of the worlds populous, an admission of the existence of intelligent life (especially that the ETIs were and had been here for many years) would be catastrophic to the institutions of religion (bar maybe Islam which does include that God/Allah is the creator of the universe and all its worlds).
The world economy is tied to the production and usage of fossil fuels, all business, travel, export/import, power is derived from these. If the government/governments were to announce it had alien derived technologies, including free energy systems, this would overnight destroy the oil business, crashing the world economies overnight.
The populous would want to know where the ETIs come from, what they want, there history, what they eat for dinner, why have they been messing with cows and probing people, can they appear on Oprah? etc etc etc....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
One reason that probably has to be true - Is that ... President Obamas Joint Chiefs of Staff, do not want to be labled as the first JCOS that reccomended to a U.S. President, that he should release full ET disclosure too the public.

Also... they don't want the U.S. military defense forces, being labled as second fiddle to an unknown superior force that dominates our skys because it would be a sign of weakness too the other-worlder's.

The Obama administration, as in previous administration's are hedging there bets, on having the other-worlder's making the first move on the military takeover of Earth if it ever comes to fruition.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

Your last statement is most correct. In my opinion and belief.. The bet that they, our government clowns are hedging on is as about tacky as liquid paper. And we need to someday step up and go above them. The Aliens I think know our governments well, and they are laughing. Laughing at the Obama's and the big shots in the military who are going to wait until the last minute, probably themselves going to stage an Alien attack. That will be when the governments can no longer keep the cat in the bag. There will be a war probably that is the way it works.

The second paragraph of your answer, I don't really agree with. Our technology has improved quite a bit and the government is probably working with some aliens has made huge advancements, and depending or not if you believe Timothy Good's statements about Lockheed (military contractors) significant leaps in technology. So we're not really second fiddle. In some ways the majority of us are third fiddle, because the New World Order has grown in power and its level of distancing itself from the main population, in the last fifty years. That is what they say. So the people stuck on facebook and the like they are like third fiddle, and they are the ones that will be looking for a plunger to unclog the toilet, too late at the last minute.

edit on 10-10-2011 by MarkScheppy because: staple together

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

If theres no threat on our life, then why keep it secret?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join