It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Why do people feel they deserve to know the truth?

Simply, in response to your original question.

"Knowledge is power"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is one of the most important questions when it comes to philosophy and the law, or perhaps even in ethics.

People, many people have died in order to find out the truth, tell the truth and even withhold the truth. Yet, the truth will slowly come out. By its own nature, the truth will come out and it will be known, but there are problems.

What problems could there be one might ask?

Well lets have a look. A good start is to weight up the balance. Time and time again in history the truth was withheld from the public, but why? Well I can only fathom that perhaps a person decided to do the smart thing instead of the right thing.

We have to weight up the costs. So then if everyone knew the truth, what would be the cost? Who would suffer? Perhaps the truth can be twisted or with held until the time was right for the truth to come out. I know this seems immoral or illogical, but we live in uncertain times. Heck, we have always lived in uncertainty.

Leaders have to make decisions. I am not saying that everyone need not know the truth, but by its nature the truth will come out, because time is on going, truth can only be held for so long.

Yet, it seems the truth in the past has been withheld because of its effects. Makes you wonder what is being withheld now?

In the end everyone deserves the right to know the truth, but can you live with it?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is a timeless question and in spite of the fact that many other governments have released their records, and actively and openly investigate this topic, I doubt that's the US Government ever will. At least not until either a mass sighting with contact, or another group / government shows us a real alien.

Personally, I already "know" the answer. It would make no sense if this is all there is. It would, however, be nice to see our Govt. Show us that the $$$$ that previously, and currently gets spent, has gone to good use!

Still interesting to see this brought up again.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

the problem is - that most people who want " the truth " - dont actually want the truth - they want other people to embrace thier fantasy and tell them they are right

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't know why you would think this is a question that needs to be asked. Western governments, especially the USA, are supposed to tell the people what they know. After all these governments allegedly solely exist on the whims of the public and the tax dollars they put into them to keep them running. If there is a cover-up conspiracy then there is a crime being committed. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Most times when I read a thread about UFO's, specifically related to disclosure, I run across the statement: "we deserve to know the truth."

So my question is, why?

First let me tell you that I am mildly jealous because I do not have enough tenacity to write and submit a post over a simple view that I have.

Your question is analyzed psychotically. You are subliminally suggesting that a human is less than what is. I was hoping for better. Don't be looking for a direct answer you mocker, a human is bigger than that.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I would honestly have to say we don't deserve to know. But on the other hand we need to know because the secrecy and lies are eating away at the very core of our society. If disclosure were to happen tomorrow the feelings expressed by many people would make it clear that a large portion of our population wasn't ready for such a huge paradigm shift. Never the less, the feelings expressed by the other portion of people will be relief and joy and the Human race will eventually be able to shift into a better way of viewing our world and our Universe.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Most times when I read a thread about UFO's, specifically related to disclosure, I run across the statement: "we deserve to know the truth."

So my question is, why?

Because we should be able to trust the government is in control of our country. We pay them a load of tax money, and we get lies in return.

This is why we ' deserve' to know the truth. Lying is so out-dated, it will come out eventually.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

So my question is, why?

Here is your answer to the question . Do you trust us and do you deserve our honest answers ?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Mainly because of global protection it is our own good not to know as a mass...yet. But in time truth always finds a way and we will know wether we deserve to know or not, we will know.
edit on 29-9-2011 by KingUsbeorn because: rework

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

reply to post by graphuto

"Okay, ya got us, it's true.. we've known for years, they're real...". But there's not threat, no consequence to your life... So, what do you with the information?

With an affirmative they are here from the govt. the question then would become why are they here. This would be the opening of the pandoras box that the govt doesn't want to ever have to deal with. The rabbit hole could go much deeper than most folks might be comfortable with.
edit on 29-9-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

So my question is, why?

First let me tell you that I am mildly jealous because I do not have enough tenacity to write and submit a post over a simple view that I have.

Your question is analyzed psychotically. You are subliminally suggesting that a human is less than what is. I was hoping for better. Don't be looking for a direct answer you mocker, a human is bigger than that.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. A direct answer would be too easy, I'm simply looking for opinions. I don't subliminally suggest anything... it was a straight forward question. But thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
This is one of the most important questions when it comes to philosophy and the law, or perhaps even in ethics.

People, many people have died in order to find out the truth, tell the truth and even withhold the truth. Yet, the truth will slowly come out. By its own nature, the truth will come out and it will be known, but there are problems.

What problems could there be one might ask?

Well lets have a look. A good start is to weight up the balance. Time and time again in history the truth was withheld from the public, but why? Well I can only fathom that perhaps a person decided to do the smart thing instead of the right thing.

We have to weight up the costs. So then if everyone knew the truth, what would be the cost? Who would suffer? Perhaps the truth can be twisted or with held until the time was right for the truth to come out. I know this seems immoral or illogical, but we live in uncertain times. Heck, we have always lived in uncertainty.

Leaders have to make decisions. I am not saying that everyone need not know the truth, but by its nature the truth will come out, because time is on going, truth can only be held for so long.

Yet, it seems the truth in the past has been withheld because of its effects. Makes you wonder what is being withheld now?

In the end everyone deserves the right to know the truth, but can you live with it?

Yes, leaders do have to make decisions. Sometimes the wrong things are done for the right reasons.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

So my question is, why?

Here is your answer to the question . Do you trust us and do you deserve our honest answers ?

Do I trust who?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So my question is, why?

Truth produces unity/equality/freedom of mind...
Truth should flow freely, as does the light from our sun...
Truth can also cut deeply into the falsities we have grown accustom to...

Do we possess the Courage to accept the higher Truth?
Do we carry the capacity to subdue ego enough to unify in mind?
Can we overcome our complicity to ignorance?

Love Truth...deny ignorance and it's slavery of your mind...
Speak freely out of compassion for equality in spirit...
Respect and Love each other enough to share in Truth...

It is the right thing to do...

Secrecy, even well meant, is slavery of the mind...
...and the Truth shall ever set us free...
edit on 29-9-2011 by Khurzon because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
We are all born naked and screaming into this world. At that point we are helpless. The earth is where we all grow and live and die, it is our planet, our home, our inheritance and our gift to our children. It is our right as all so very temporary custodians of this small oasis of life to know anything and everything about our home, and that includes it's visitors.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If there were aliens and if we could prove they were hostile, I wouldnt want the governments to tell us cause we would be in panic, the markets would completely collapse bla bla bla. But with everyone only "suspecting" their existance, it would give the government some time to build up defences prior to an invasion.

On the other hand....if they weren't a threat and just wanted to say hello, then the bastard government should tell us!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't subliminally suggest anything

You are not consciously aware of what you are doing psychologically when you subliminally suggest things, you can be, but you're residing in your ego, which in not to blame because it is consciousness. Where ever I be, it may be in the sky, it may be in my heart, it may be in my soul, it may be in my ego. Sometimes I am right here outside of my body and I don't have any ego. Getting off the subject a little it is frustrating that I do not have time to consider a decision before I make it because the opportunity is lost within seconds, therefore it is not to think but to know because hesitation is like a theif, yet meditation is a great act so I guess its the ying and the yang.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So my question is, why?

Would they even recognize the truth if it was right in there face. Here is something to think about, the truth is not all roses and cake, the truth can be brutal and not very pretty to look at. So much so that even if you seen it your mind will block it out as if it never existed, no need for special men in black to wipe your memory clean, nope! everybody does that themselves least they go insane from seeing it.

The truth is not really hidden it is just obscured, and it is not easy to grasp or be looked at directly, and so they all want somebody to tell them the truth. A truth that fits nicely into there little box, but when some leave a snippet of the truth here and there, they all cry and get angry and argue that it cant be possibly true.

The truth is fictional because it is the only way it can be excepted by people, as a parody and shadow of the real thing. The two masks of drama are two of the steps to the truth first you laugh at it, then you cry at it, or vice versa but either way you need to know both sides of that coin to even begin understanding the truth.

Have you not been listening to the messengers, you know the ones you call nutters, though not all are true messengers, but all are nutty.
I bet you have heard this line from them, sometimes the Illuminati or TPTB or aliens, or whatever you want to call it, communicate trough movies and other medias as a way of getting people used to handling the truth little by little, and understanding its concepts little by little.

Because they cant handle the truth. Or maybe not and maybe its all make believe, like they say the truth is fictional. You chose what you want to believe in.

Its been said before on this thread by others, but it's better in movie form for this movie generation.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
I don't deserve to know the truth.. I DEMAND TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

Yeah keep "demanding" that's gotten you guys far the last 60 years or so.
edit on 29-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join