It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Most times when I read a thread about UFO's, specifically related to disclosure, I run across the statement: "we deserve to know the truth."

So my question is, why?

Why do people feel they deserve to know the truth?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why not? We're all in this together, we deserve to know what's going on.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Well.... okay.... but that's not really an answer.

I mean say tomorrow the government came out and said "Okay, ya got us, it's true.. we've known for years, they're real...". But there's not threat, no consequence to your life... So, what do you with the information?

So, why do you deserve to know?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't deserve to know the truth.. I DEMAND TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Some people may rest easier knowing we aren't alone in the universe. If aliens were to somehow contact earth, why WOULDN'T we deserve to know?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

If there was no threat and no consequence to our lives, then why would they exhaust so much effort to cover up anything related to UFO, ET, etc?

We deserve to know so we can continue to prosper as the human race. ET technology (if it exists) has the possibilities to vastly improve every aspect of our daily lives. We deserve to know because that's what mankind is all about: exploring and discovering answers to our questions, this has been happening since the dawn of mankind.

Tell me, friend, do you think we don't deserve to know?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Because it would question the religious foundations of the world. Everything people were told prior, would change... the beliefs of millions would become seemingly irrelevant... and it would answer dozens of other questions pertaining to numerous topics.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Simply put.

We all live on the same planet.
We all breathe the same air.
Whatever happens on this planet affects all of us, whether we realize it or not.
We are all one species. [Well, most of us anyway]

We are all in this together.
We are all equal regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual or religious preference.

Our "leaders" are supposed to be an extension of the people, not rulers of the people.

We deserve to know because the truth, whatever that may be, affects all of us, not just some of us.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Klassified because: Rework

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
why not turn it around?

why are certain people priviliged to certain knowledge while others are not?

answer me that one.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
Because it would question the religious foundations of the world. Everything people were told prior, would change... the beliefs of millions would become seemingly irrelevant... and it would answer dozens of other questions pertaining to numerous topics.

Why do people say this? Alien life would question the religious foundations of the world? Ridiculous. Who's to say each (theoretical) planet doesn't have it's own version of the Bible?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Because of the simple fact that we have been lied to.

The Military Industrial Complex and their fascist leaders have in turn used the Alien Technology in which they've garnered and gained access to in order to only enhance their own weapon technology in order to reign supreme in the objective of ruling the world, as the Third Reich attempted to.

That is why.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by duhdiggitydan

If there was no threat and no consequence to our lives, then why would they exhaust so much effort to cover up anything related to UFO, ET, etc?

We deserve to know so we can continue to prosper as the human race. ET technology (if it exists) has the possibilities to vastly improve every aspect of our daily lives. We deserve to know because that's what mankind is all about: exploring and discovering answers to our questions, this has been happening since the dawn of mankind.

Tell me, friend, do you think we don't deserve to know?

Maybe I'm stuck on the word "deserve". I mean, I haven't done anything that would cause me to deserve a reward of any kind so... Would I like to know? yea sure... who wouldn't.

If there was a threat to the lives of my family, friends, etc... then yes, I'd want to know simply for the chance at survival if not maybe closure on things before the end. But if it just "is", with no consequence to me or the way I live my life now and/or in the future? Then who cares?

I know what I believe and I've never needed anyone to validate it or acknowledge it for me.

Even if government did tell, and there was ET technology, do you think they'd share? probably not!

Maybe there's a good reason for the cover up? Sometimes there are things general public really shouldn't know about, ya know?

Either way... I don't really know the answer. I'm just curious on how you all feel about it.

link   
Everyone deserves the truth. A young woman whose boyfriend has been cheating on her deserves the truth. A patient on their death bed diagnosed with cancer deserves the truth. The public populace in regards to a potential threat deserves the truth from their elected leaders.

The only time the truth should be obscured is when a lie protects the individual from physical harm. For example, a home invasion occurs and to protect his family a man states that they are not at home thus allowing them to hopefully escape.

It is important in this society to be honest, truthful, and of good moral character. It is important to keep your word and be honorable. The truth is of value and the world will be a better place if we all just keep that in mind.

link   

They will not say anithing to us, cause it all correlates to the antiant script of the bible and if they do so, is like admiting that the bible was right all along.

What is it that the bible talks about? "Extraterrestial beings and the creation of Human life in this planet". Now the agenda of these Hybrid people ( Our governemnt ) is to take over the world and all that is in it and enslave humanity. All because they think they are Royalty of the Blue Blood Line in other word their DNA is diferent than our Humans DNA so they think we are inferior to them and that we need to be enslave.

Don't people see, this is what has been happening all this time?

Freedom? Is an illusion, a feeling the governemnt give us just to control us, but you have to pay to live in this planet or you will not be part of this world order.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
From the movie A Few Good Men.

YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

And for the most part....that's true. Most people would not know how to handle it.

Be careful of what you wish for, also comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Eh... thanks, but I don't buy that

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Eh... thanks, but I don't buy that

Which part of what he says do you disagree with?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Simply put.

We all live on the same planet.
We all breathe the same air.
Whatever happens on this planet affects all of us, whether we realize it or not.
We are all one species. [Well, most of us anyway]

We are all in this together.
We are all equal regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual or religious preference.

Our "leaders" are supposed to be an extension of the people, not rulers of the people.

We deserve to know because the truth, whatever that may be, affects all of us, not just some of us.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Klassified because: Rework

This makes sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its niave to think that we are the only things to inhabit the universe.....I mean other planets have to have some form of parasite on them much as earth does or maybe this great planet just got around and were like a bad case of crabs but IF (for the skeptics) we arent the only life sucking leeches in the universe i believe we have the duel right to know shoot one of those "ALIENS" might be my distant cousin......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
why not turn it around?

why are certain people priviliged to certain knowledge while others are not?

answer me that one.

I don't know, I guess if I had a sh*t load of money and was in a powerful position I'd be privy to all the secrets too. This is one thing that certainly pisses me off. And who decides they are more privileged than me is what I'd like to know.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join