It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Survival kit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I know my list is not complete, the list I posted are my current items that I have for survival, I still need to buy food and other stuff you guys mentioned, If in an emergency I have to leave home i wont be able to take half of my stuff, but at least I have the oportunity to choose what I need.

My biggest fear is something that could happen tomorrow like a deadly virus that starts killing millions, I still need to prepare so I don't get infected, and if live after that how everything is going to be??? I need all the resources necessary in my home, that's why solar panels, comunications, water treatment and things like that will help me if I'm out of the grid completely.

Since gun suppressors are legal in FL "with proper papaerwork" I will try to get a Walther P22 .22LR handgun and a Semi auto rifle that can accept the suppresor. I always wanted to buy a suppresor for my old .22 rifle but I sold it, now I still can get it and have a use for it if something happens, killing my food in "silent mode"

I just got a pistol grip 12ga shotgun, so the only thing I need is a .22lr rifle. and more ammo.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
wow nice stuff... looks like a lot to carry though. Are you planning on using a vehicle to move around in...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Some other stuff you could add.... Compass, metal waterproof match case with strike anywhere matches, space blanket, wool blanket, crank flashlight/radio with outputs to maybe charge other devices, rechargeable batteries, candles, rope, soap, survival/scout handbook, mirror, small fishing kit with a telescoping fishing rod. Bic lighters.

You could use truck sized inner tubes to store all this stuff in. Use a roll of bailing wire to seal the ends. You can build a couple caches like this and hide them and dig them up later, they are completely waterproof, carry them like a backpack too. If your camp was ever raided or you was arrested you can start over again. Remember hide your hunting weapons after every hunt keep them away from your main camp except for one personal side arm for protection. The law will seize your stuff. So multiple caches like this will be good. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The white radio that I have is crank powered also and recharges cellphones and small electronics, I have some fire starter kits somewhere in my garage I have to look for them, I bought them in a gun show a while back, one of my hunting knife has a compass, waterproof matches, sewing kit etc.(not the best brand but it works) I need to find a better compass, map and fishing equipment since I'm surrounded by lakes.

Something I was planning to do is have a few of this gear in my other family homes and in my cars, (knife, ammo, medical supplies, food and water and other small things that I can put in a backpack).

I still have a bunch of stuff that I need to get, I started my list with the hard to find stuff first and I still need to get more hard to find items, this past month I have been feeling that something bad is going to happen I don't know why but they always comes true, that's why I'm gathering up a few things.

Lets hope we never have to use this stuff other than for recreation.

Originally posted by sean
Some other stuff you could add.... Compass, metal waterproof match case with strike anywhere matches, space blanket, wool blanket, crank flashlight/radio with outputs to maybe charge other devices, rechargeable batteries, candles, rope, soap, survival/scout handbook, mirror, small fishing kit with a telescoping fishing rod. Bic lighters.

You could use truck sized inner tubes to store all this stuff in. Use a roll of bailing wire to seal the ends. You can build a couple caches like this and hide them and dig them up later, they are completely waterproof, carry them like a backpack too. If your camp was ever raided or you was arrested you can start over again. Remember hide your hunting weapons after every hunt keep them away from your main camp except for one personal side arm for protection. The law will seize your stuff. So multiple caches like this will be good. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

Originally posted by Redwing48
A great way to determine what you really need in a survival situation be it at home or in the woods is to do an actual simulation of it. At home make a list of everything you think you possibly could need for 3 days, buy it, then switch off all the power and water. Eat only what you have cached and use only the supplies you placed on your list. For the field, same scenario. Camp out in the woods or if that's not possible your backyard same rules applied.

I bet you'll quickly see where you've left critical items off your list..

That is the most reasonable statement Ive heard. Lets see if in the woods your going to need some way for starting a fire..Maybe a flint? Warm or cool garments to cover or sleep on. Something to keep the bugs off..LOL..Dont want to get sick from the bugs..A way to filter water so you don't have to carry so much and so if you do carry it when you run out you'll have some water..Some kind of light for night time..Like a oil lantern or you can just use the fire.. But if your in hiding no fire,of course no light..LOL..A change of cloths and oh oh oh!!!! if you decide to bring toilet paper with you what are you going to do if you run out??Hmmmmm...Well better figure out which plants or poison and which or not to take the place of toilet paper..Your not gonna want a rash that's for sure...A nice tote bag to carry all this stuff,a nice sharp knife or 2.. Maybe some rope to help make a shelter with sticks..I cant think of anything else.Can you

Tip: If you're going to do a "dry run" in the wilderness leave your guns and ammo at home unless you really want to get arrested. Weigh them and carry something of similar size/weight. Although if TSHTF while you're practicing, that would be unfortunate.

Also as a good exercise - try bugging out without making contact with anyone else once you get to your location...but tell someone where you're going and for how long.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just bought the SAS Survival Guide that you guys recomended and its great, I bought it for my iphone and I will get a printed copy too soon.

I have an ipod touch that's not been used and I will get this solar charger case for it and waterproof the whole thing with a vacum heat sealer in clear plastic, that way it charges with the sun and I can use the SAS app and I can get some good digital books of mechanical and electronics that could help me in different situations.

www.ebay.com...

edit on 29-9-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

I know it is a tough thing to break out of, but, I would not put all your eggs in one basket regarding technology. When things are going right, how often have you seen technology fail when you needed it the most, now couple that for times when nothing is going right. I am not saying do not have tech in your kit, but have you a back up plan in case the tech quits working. Personally, I do not have very much tech at all in my kits, for the most important stuff you may also want to consider printing off some of the more important things so that you at least have a hard copy.

But that is just me, I tend to stick with the basics of basics, things that will always work.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
True true, I just love electronics and I know they wont work if there a EMP pulse. I was watching the other day the book of eli and he has an ipod why cant I? hehe

Originally posted by Skewed

I know it is a tough thing to break out of, but, I would not put all your eggs in one basket regarding technology. When things are going right, how often have you seen technology fail when you needed it the most, now couple that for times when nothing is going right. I am not saying do not have tech in your kit, but have you a back up plan in case the tech quits working. Personally, I do not have very much tech at all in my kits, for the most important stuff you may also want to consider printing off some of the more important things so that you at least have a hard copy.

But that is just me, I tend to stick with the basics of basics, things that will always work.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Didnt see any condoms.... better safe than sorry...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I ordered a bunch stuff online and bought some locally of the essenstial list found on the SAS survival app and some MRE food, I also sold one of the 9mm handgun and got a .22LR semi auto pistol and a 12ga shotgun + ammo. I'm still looking for a cheap Ruger 10/22 rifle too. I will update my list once I get everything I ordered.

I'm kinda screwed because I will have to protect my Wife, 4 year old daughter and a new baby girl that's coming next week, as soon my wifes has the baby I will take her to the gun range so she can practice with all the guns.

Part of my protection, I got the .22 little pistol because is good for killing small animals at close range and I don't waste the big ammo.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
True true, I just love electronics and I know they wont work if there a EMP pulse. I was watching the other day the book of eli and he has an ipod why cant I? hehe

I'm not so sure that an EMP would fry absolutely every electronic device, I've read several different opinions on the subject. Just to be safe you could make some faraday cages for your most crucial electronics...
www.endtimesreport.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well I decided I need something smaller and less heavier than the shotgun so I sold it and got me one of this bad boys Keltec Sub 2000 9mm carbine rifle with (5) 18 rounds magazines and (1) 10 round magazine. It uses Glock 17 magazines, that means I will be selling my PT92 and getting a Glock 17 that way I can share magazines.

Fits perfectly on my smallest backpack that way no one knows I have a 9mm carbine with me, and its very lightweight.

Here are some pictures of it.

PS: I will be putting pictures of new items I got soon and some ideas on where to place emergency kits outside your home.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Just curious but lets say TSHF scenario is a massive quake/tsunami that destroys your home etc. Now that you have your items with you, where are you going to keep yourself dry/warm?

Do you not think it would be worthwhile buying a tent?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Just curious but lets say TSHF scenario is a massive quake/tsunami that destroys your home etc. Now that you have your items with you, where are you going to keep yourself dry/warm?

Yes, specially since I have a 4 year old daughter and next week my wife will be having a new baby daughter, the TENT is in the list, right now my daughter has a Dora the Explorer tent that works until I get something better.

The list is huge, my wife and new baby alone has a big list of their own, if something happens in a couple of months the most important thing is keeping my wife healty so she can breast feed the baby and possibly my 4 year old daughter.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Yes, specially since I have a 4 year old daughter and next week my wife will be having a new baby daughter, the TENT is in the list, right now my daughter has a Dora the Explorer tent that works until I get something better.

The list is huge, my wife and new baby alone has a big list of their own, if something happens in a couple of months the most important thing is keeping my wife healty so she can breast feed the baby and possibly my 4 year old daughter.

Couldnt agree more with this statement. I at present havent acquired a tent as the one i want is too expense just now. I need a tent that will be able to withstand a Scottish winter and be big enough for myself and any others that may need shelter. It costs £600 so i will be hoping the SHTF after December as i will be buying it at the beginning of Dec!

I'm currently buying food that has an exp date after 2013, this is my main concern at the moment, along with a roof rack for my car in the event that i need to leave home quickly!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join