It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you a southpaw? check this out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i am a lefty, and although i know that we are in the minority, i didn't know we were only approximately 10%!!!

i found this story interesting about us southpaws...

bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com...

Here are some interesting facts from "The Puzzle of Left-handedness":
• Left-handedness is slightly more common in men than women.
• Left-handers appear to have an edge in sports where two opponents face each other, such as baseball, tennis, boxing, and fencing. This is probably because southpaws get more opportunities to hone their skills against righties when practicing.
• Five of the last seven American commanders in chief were left-handed. (Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush were not.) • In the 1992 US presidential election, the sitting president (Bush the elder), and both his challengers -- Bill Clinton and Ross Perot -- were southpaws.

and here are some southpaws of power!

powerwall.msnbc.msn.com...

oprah winfrey, POTUS, zuckerburg, clinton, prince william, kate middleton, george bush, bill gates, steve forbes, buzz aldrin, lady gaga, reagan, henry ford, and the list goes on!

go southpaws!
edit on 28-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: edit

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thats because only us Lefties, are in our right minds!

Actually, I'm ambidexterious, but I prefer my left.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

nice, i am also ambidextrous, but i can't write very well with my right hand... in baseball i would switch, and i am more powerful hitting right handed, but significantly more accurate when hitting southpaw...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
i am a lefty, and although i know that we are in the minority, i didn't know we were only approximately 10%!!!

i found this story interesting about us southpaws...

bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com...

Here are some interesting facts from "The Puzzle of Left-handedness":
• Left-handedness is slightly more common in men than women.
• Left-handers appear to have an edge in sports where two opponents face each other, such as baseball, tennis, boxing, and fencing. This is probably because southpaws get more opportunities to hone their skills against righties when practicing.
• Five of the last seven American commanders in chief were left-handed. (Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush were not.) • In the 1992 US presidential election, the sitting president (Bush the elder), and both his challengers -- Bill Clinton and Ross Perot -- were southpaws.

and here are some southpaws of power!

powerwall.msnbc.msn.com...

oprah winfrey, POTUS, zuckerburg, clinton, prince william, kate middleton, george bush, bill gates, steve forbes, buzz aldrin, lady gaga, reagan, henry ford, and the list goes on!

go southpaws!
edit on 28-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: edit

I am a lefty as well, I used to fence! But I didn't know that my hand of choice affected my abilities..

Go southpaws is correct!! Oh yeah, I am also an ambi double hander, just use the left more than right. I don't write with my right hand as it looks like chicken scratch (sometimes).
edit on 28-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here a place to buy all your left handed good.
www.leftyslefthanded.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

me to
im lefty at writing but everything else is right handed
though i can play snooker/pool and darts with both hands

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Your statement reminded me of this joke.....about left handed people.....

The left side of the body controls the right side of the brain...so us left handed people are the only ones in our right minds! Ta-da!.....(lol)

By the way...I am left handed too!

'
edit on 28-9-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am a lefty as well. I can write with "BOTH" hands at the "Same" time. However, both hands must be writing the exact same thing. I am unable to write two different things at the same time. I have tried. Writing with both hands is really mind-twisting. Give it a try. I keep attempting to write separate things at once, the sensation that gives me is wild.

the left-handers club is a fascinating group. I am happy to be a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
southpaws ftw!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Being a Southpaw runs in my family on the male side, my father, brother and me are part of the few and the proud,

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

when in public someone notices i'm lefty and comments, i always retort good-naturedly "all the best people are!"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm married to a lefty and after many years of him asking if I noticed that our waitress or someone in a movie was left handed, I started to notice on my own. Now, he says, "Did you see that"? And I answer, "Yes, I did... another lefty."

I love a Lefty!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm a lefty, and I hold my fork in my left hand too. But I carry bags with my right hand and kick with my right leg.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Southpaw, here. I probably never would have used my right hand for anything, but growing up in the 50's, one had to learn to adjust to a right-handed world. There just wasn't anything (including irons) made specifically for left-handed people. Over time, I adjusted quite well, except I recall in archery class in Junior High School, I rarely even hit the target...let alone the bulls-eye!
I will also admit that learning to use a (computer) mouse with my right hand did not come easy.
It's said that left-handed people are more creative. I find that to be true (I hope this is not coming across as conceited). I used to write/sell logic problems (still would if it paid better), I've written poetry (had a few nods). I can draw a little bit and use that ability to draw cartoon characters/people then use duplicate stitch to put said cartoon/person on Christmas stockings I knit. I also put a related saying on the stocking, usually something humorous that comes to mind. I get positive feedback about my stocking gifts. I recently drew Ron Paul; I am pleased with the result and will be making several Ron Paul stockings for gifts, this year and into the future.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

yeah in high school i used to always have a left handed notebook, you know as to not rub my hand raw on the metal spiral... i loved those things...

what gets me more than anything else, i think, is scissors!
they are all made for righty's and righty's just don't get it!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My ex husband and I are both lefties, and our two children are left handed also. I read somewhere that if both parents are left handed, the children have a 75% chance of being left handed also.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I was born left handed but my old fashioned grandmother forced me t use my right, now I fail with both hands. My handwriting is atrocious and don't ask be to catch a ball or anything else that involves hand eye coordination.
2 out of my 3 children are also lefties.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I am also left-handed and I had teachers who tried to
make me write with my right hand.My dad put a stop
to that really quick.This was also in the early 1960's.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hello fellow lefties! I wonder how many of us on ATS are left handed. I too am left hand dominant, but I can write on a chalkboard, play baseball, and a few other things right handed. I also have to have my computer mouse right handed, its like my left hand can not make it work. I think left handers have to adjust to a right handed world and it just becomes part of our everyday lives, so much so we don't even know it.
Peace and Love,
Heather

LEFTIES RULE!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
im a lefty and real proficient with my right when it comes to my pc mouse

and we do have to work twice as hard since everything is made for a right handed world.

as to rest who knows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join