It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My random arguments on faith, life, skepticism, and everything else in-between

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What's everybody? What's Happenin!? As a new member to the forums I have noticed that there are many different people with different beliefs and views. Yes, I'm an Atheist who hates and loves religion. Wait! I sound like a hypocrite when I said that. How can I love and hate something at the same time? I will explain this in a positive and a negative point. The positive: nice people, history, culture, money, food, the ladies (yeah baby-I have dated many Christian and Jewish girls), marriage and family life views, many promote people having good morals, charity, and what not. Now the negative: As someone who is consider Jewish born but doesn't identify as Jewish is very annoyed by people who would like to convert Jews to their faith. As well being an Atheist I'm always told the most ridiculous things by many who identify as creationist about why God is real and evolution is false. I'm not a person who likes to debate without my sources and I know I would go no where with debating Christians or other believers of faiths who do not believe in evolution. I understand Christians and others would like to see you 'saved' or as the same as them but I'm happy where I'm at in life. Believers have their share of craziness and many religious books do promote bad things against themselves or others. Strict commandments and laws against eating certain foods, wearing clothes, not doing this or that at the correct time, etc. There's always the good, the bad, and the ugly an anything. I'm a person who believes science, logic, reason and human nature is what the world needs. Not a God, a particular religion or view point, segregation, and so on. Many Atheist would agree with me on my views. I have come to the conclusion after many different people and groups asking me to become this or that is that any religion is based on faith. I cannot say one faith is correct and the others is wrong. To me no one is right but in a way it's how this one group consider how they view the bible and history. I don't know. What do you think of my views? Do you agree or disagree?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What's the topic?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What do you mean? I'm explaining my thoughts on faith and everything else in-between. Seeing what other users think of my views.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
im just going to go ahead and say maybe this belongs in the rant section of ATS.

And i do believe in god. im not a follower of any religion. Im a ascendant mortal of time trying to attain perfection.
edit on 28-9-2011 by InshaAllah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatsHappenin666
I'm an Atheist who hates and loves religion.

I smiled when I read that because I am, too.
I have a sort of a love/hate relationship with religion. I love to discuss it and I believe firmly in the right to choose and practice one's religion, but I hate the way people have politicized religion as I have a very strong belief in separation of church and state. I'm also not crazy about how people use their religion to justify their bigotry, hatred and righteousness.

I think what the world needs is a huge dose of personal freedoms and a crash course in keeping our noses out of other people's lives, bedrooms, marriages and other personal business.
I'd love that.

What do you think of my views? Do you agree or disagree?

I pretty much agree with the views you've stated here.

Welcome to ATS! Have a great stay!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

What do you mean? I'm explaining my thoughts on faith and everything else in-between. Seeing what other users think of my views.

Okay, well, they are your views. Everyone should have views I suppose.

new topics

top topics

join