It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ron Paul / Jesse Ventura Ticket?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura has sensationally called for Ron Paul to quit the Republican Party in order to form a Paul-Ventura libertarian ticket that can take on the establishment candidates in the race for the White House in 2012.

Former Governor Calls For Paul-Ventura Ticket

Just running this story up the flag pole to see if anyone salutes...

So? Do we have any Ron Paul supporters out there?

Do we have any fans of Jesse Ventura reading this?

Anyone on ATS believe in conspiracies?

(Wow, three of the dumbest questions ever. I should be a moderator at the next Presidential Candidate Debate.)

Being a "results-orientated" sort of guy I'm ready to try pretty much any new approach to our problems. There seems little doubt that such a ticket would provide some radical change to the business as usual D.C. goings on.

The question is, would it be a positive change?

Thoughts or opinions?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

this is a horrible idea. ventura would kill his chance at winning, as would dropping out of the republican party. this next election, ron paul has an actual shot at winning, and this would screw it up.

even if they won, ventura would be a very combative vice president and hard to get along with. the pair wouldn't work.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I personally don't think that Ron Paul would ever get on board with something like that, because he said himself he wouldn't run as an independant, and I'm not sure about his real opinion as far as conspiracies go, but I believe he wouldn't want to "tarnish" his reputation with conspiracy theories.

With that being said, I would LOVE it if RP actually did do this, although I'm not positive it would be the best move politically.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I support ron paul sorta but im not sure he would support that.........would make for a great show though. but jesse venture is a conspiracy debunk or investigator and ron paul well he just want to end the fed. but like i said its my opinion and im entitled to my opinions

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Paul........Ventura

These are two horsemen of the Apocalypse, at least where destroying the corrupt political spectrum is concerned. That being said, I do not think they should run together.
I can see mainstream media in an alternate universe (if they were to run together and win), ringing their hands at every "nutty" thing those two dream up.

I think there would be a terrorist attack on the white house, false flag of course.

I think my post just got tagged by every government spy program in existence with that last sentence.

edit on 28-9-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

this is a horrible idea. ventura would kill his chance at winning, as would dropping out of the republican party. this next election, ron paul has an actual shot at winning, and this would screw it up.

even if they won, ventura would be a very combative vice president and hard to get along with. the pair wouldn't work.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

A lot of commentators at the link above would tend to agree with you.

Good points. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

A Paul/Ventura ticket would destroy any credibility that Paul has.

I like Jesse, but he is not the man when it comes to politics.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am a supporter of Ron Paul, but I think this is a bad idea. Number one, dropping out of the Republican party would mean that he would immediately not be represented on many ballots across the US. This alone would take enough away from him to ensure he did not win. Number two is, as much as I like Ventura I think he would immediately be attacked as a crack pot conspiracy theorist, which would drive away potential voters.
If Ron Paul wants to win this he is going to have to pick a center of the road well spoken individual that is favored by both parties.
edit on 9/28/2011 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Personally, I think you nailed that one on the head. Strikes me as political suicide, which causes me to wonder why the hell Ventura even said it. He had to have known.

Still, I'm hoping to hear from more RP supporters as well as detractors. Can't help myself; I love a good discussion.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yeah just read this on AJ too.

I have to say the same thing I said there. Jesse in the VP slot would be a total waste. It would waste Ron Pauls chance of winning and would assign Jesse to a "do nothing" post. Look at Biden as opposed to Cheney. Biden = minimum defense and corporate connections. Cheney = Papa Haliburton. See my point?

I think we should save Jesse for the Secretary of State job and let the world have some of his candid frankness instead of our money. Not that all the foreign nations are bad, but it would sure be "one to the shorts" for those that are. This would also upset the CIA to no end, and they need upsetting to say the least.

As a side note I also think Ron Paul should implement the Executive Order that JFK was planning to put in during his second term which made the Joint Chiefs of Staff directly responsible for the actions of the CIA. IMHO, he should probably do that day one, along with enforcing the Executive Order JFK did enact aboliching the Fed. This last EO is still on the books though it has never been enforced.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Jesse is all about running with Ron Paul, he's said so in the past on the Howard Stern show, but Ron has to drop the Republican party and run as an Independent.

What a sweet tag team duo they would be.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I wish Ventura would shut his mouth and let Ron Paul campaign in peace. And if AJ starts promoting this b.s., then there will be no doubt in my mind that he has nefarious intentions

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Secretary of State?

Oh, I like the sounds of that one.

To be a fly on the wall if Ventura was S.O.S. and was meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Il. Priceless!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
he will not make any spot in the white house besides MAYBE the body guard of Ron paul and even then rons gonna have to put duct tape across his mouth.

"Hey Ron" "What about those D.U.M.B.S?" "Jesse, What did i tell you don't make me pull the duct tape out again...these are uncertain times....but im most certain that if you don't shut up your going to get shot!"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Just running this story up the flag pole to see if anyone salutes... So?

Do we have any Ron Paul supporters out there?

Do we have any fans of Jesse Ventura reading this?

Anyone on ATS believe in conspiracies?

First, Star and Flag. Second, Yes, Yes, and Yes. I find myself to be all three, actually. I support Ron Paul, Love Jessie Ventura, and am a Conspiracy Theorist. All said and done, I believe a Ticket like this could in fact win the White House. We the People are tired of broken promises and seeing our jobs fly away to china and other places. We are tired of an unfair, and basically unreadable and understandable Tax Code that even the IRS doesn't fully understand. We are tired of unfair laws forced upon us, and of a Federal government run amuck. We are tired of a monetary system based on debt. We are tired of being tracked, and spied upon everywhere we go, and everything we do. We are tired of our government constantly attempting to take our guns from us, while making certian that the Mexican Drug Cartels have the latest in Assault Rifles, via "Fast and Furious." We are tired of the "Patriot Act," and all other "Presidential Edicts" issued by the last few administrations. We are sick to death of the TSA sexual predators feeling up our kids and old Grandmas, while Middle Eastern men breeze right though. That would be "profiling," they argue.

Perhaps this is just me, but I think it is time for our government to come clean on ET/Aliens and everything that entails.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

i agree. jesse could scare voters away from ron paul if he is very vocal about his support. RP could catch some bad press.

he's finally getting some mainstream attention, and people are agreeing with what he is saying. seems like jesse is trying to board the train, but if he does, it will slow down considerably.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

...You know what? I'd support this. JUST for the possibility of watching the Biden / Ventura vice presidential debate. Oh god that would be hilarious.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Look at Biden as opposed to Cheney. Biden = minimum defense and corporate connections. Cheney = Papa Haliburton. See my point?

You're joking, right? Haven't you ever heard Joe Biden's nickname? He's called the Senator from MBNA. Why do you think so many credit card co's were HQ'ed in little bitty Delaware?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
good idea if you want obama to win

ventura nope considering listening to paul as much as i have

theres no way paul would ever pick the dude.

now a paul/napalitano ticket could win.

Ron Paul
"the JUDGE" Napalitano.

2 peeps who know that constitution aint just a piece of paper.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
good idea if you want obama to win

Actually, the way things seem to be going, come November 2012 I wonder if a ticket with SpongeBob SquarePants and the Easter Bunny couldn't win.

Still, you're probably right along with the others. Not a good mix. (Would make things pretty damn interesting though!)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join