It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the underground bunkers a waste of money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It seems like this country's nuclear reactors are so vulnerable to a cataclysmic event that if one were to retreat into a bunker in case of a doomsday scenario they might easily have to exit the bunker into a world where there was widespread reactor failure like in Fukushima.

Even a huge facility like in Denver would eventually run out of food. They would poke their heads out and be blasted by radiation. Didn't just this year some US nuclear facilities seem pretty shaky?

Another thing. If there are such problems and the elite go into the bunkers do they really think those left behind would risk their lives to clean up the mess just to make for a better world for the elites to reemerge into?

Without making predictions, since we have seen how predicting dates can be problematical, I would have to say that the scenario briefly described above is a very real possibility--------------

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The "elites" have the capability of sustaining themselves in these bunkers for several years. They can produce more than enough food and water for those who inhabit it.

They would also have plans for cleanup of the surface while they are down there, I'm sure. And no doubt they have technology we aren't aware of to speed the process.

So I doubt they have left any stone unturned in their preparations.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

People ran to Tokyo to get out of the radiation. Now, they seem to be running out of Tokyo. And they're not cleaning up the mess.

The bunkers could easily become giant crypts. The military would largely be left on the surface to fend for themselves. Would the elite take their gold with them into the bunkers? Would they keep it near them or place it in a central repository? You can imagine how a good number of people would not emerge from the bunkers, but their gold would.

These people would turn on themselves and betray each other. That's how they roll.------

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
under gound bunkers w/ connecting mag trains (hst) would create years of work for thousands.
and the plus side - i wouldn't feel obligated to stock up and all the necessary items.
each of us would have their own bunker.
this is the case in europe.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is a great question, I have often wondered about this myself. Understanding of fall out and radiation is just as important in this scenario as the bunker in my opinion. I'm no expert on the topic, but I am learning. I found a lot of comfort and information in this PDF www.nukepills.com... . Granted, it's a little old and I have no idea how it holds up if you are talking about the radiation from several plants melting down. It may be covered somewhere in there, I have only begun to go through it all. Happy information seeking!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

The bunkers could easily become giant crypts. The military would largely be left on the surface to fend for themselves. Would the elite take their gold with them into the bunkers? Would they keep it near them or place it in a central repository? You can imagine how a good number of people would not emerge from the bunkers, but their gold would.

Not likely my friend. From the little I have read on these bunkers, they are near indestructible. Radiation would be the least of their worries. And sealing them in won't work either. They have all the tools needed to get out whatever happens on the surface. However, a massive earthquake could destroy some, but not all of them. So yes, I agree that some of them still may not survive.

Gold? A central repository on each continent I would think.

These people would turn on themselves and betray each other. That's how they roll.------

I have to agree with this. It is "how they roll".

top topics

join