India files biopiracy lawsuit against Monsanto, says biotech giant is stealing nature for corporate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Good for India!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
in 1988 after I got out of the US Navy, I moved to Nebraska from colorado to help my family out with a business. it was in the farming country and 1 family that was very "well off" were growing crops as a testing mechanism for a large corporation. they had 2 fields with two different types of corn.

the locals back then didn't want them as neighbors as there was fear that the modified crops would cross into their lands and crop.

I'm glad India is taking action. people on daily levels don't like the idea of modified foods.
to me it makes the future kinda spooky.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don't want anything to do with unnatural gene splicing between species. No chimeras unless nature makes them, not man. GM by good old fashioned hybridization and more natural methods, FINE.
So much I love about India...so much.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If this is true, it was about time that someone did something against these monsters.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Good for the planet{and farmers if they win}but money unfortunatly allways wins.
Something is really bugging me about this thread and another im currently reading
on ATS,i will be back.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Good on them! Nice to see someone stand up!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a company that takes plants, modifies them to not reproduce, then patents this crap and enslaves the world into having to buy this crap over and over??? this is madness!!!!!!!!!!! if we don't stop this now, these bastards will go after non-edible plants as well, leaving a post-human world that will be void of plant life. give em war india!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I shouted 'HOORAY' when I read your post.

India, thank you! I, as an American, thank you with all my heart!

You have done a great service to the inhabitants of planet Earth - humans, plants, and animals.

I call for systematic law suits against the policies of Monsanto.

Monsanto Agent Orange

Mansanto's Harvest of Fear

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

India is the first country to sue against such sacrilege and they have my full support!

Actually a few years back a similar company was leeching water from a developing country, and the people finally stood up and overthrew the companies grip, kinda shows the will of these people in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

I have been trying for ages to get the UK support from big player chefs !
particularly gordon ramsey , jamie oliver , and hugh ferneley whittingstall, however every time I try to contact them
I am met my their PR wall . I just want to send them a letter which they themselves will read.

If jamie was against school food killing our kids , then surely he would be agaisnt modified crops which will kill nature. The same with ramsey , and especially Hugh , he is an advocate for nature .

Can anyone help me force these celeb chefs to listen and put pressure on our government with a campaign against monsanto!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The truth seems to be no one likes Monsanto... Maybe they should crawl under a rock and die...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Perhaps the "ag" which is separated by a different color has a hidden connection to this?

An antigen is a substance or molecule that, when introduced into the body, triggers the production of an antibody by the immune system, which will then kill or neutralize the antigen that is recognized as a foreign and potentially harmful invader. These invaders can be molecules such as pollen or cells such as bacteria. The term originally came from antibody generator[1][2] and was a molecule that binds specifically to an antibody, but the term now also refers to any molecule or molecular fragment that can be bound by a major histocompatibility complex (MHC) and presented to a T-cell receptor.[3] "Self" antigens are usually tolerated by the immune system; whereas "Non-self" antigens are identified as intruders and attacked by the immune system. Autoimmune disorders arise from the immune system reacting to its own antigens

Is monsanto secretly preparing a bio weapon to be carried out on the public?

edit on 29-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This seems like such a 1st world problem, just like bragging about being a vegan or "Organic foods" People are worried about it being untested, which is a legitimate case.

However, I think all of you should be ashamed for being unthankful gluttonous beasts. We live in the EASIEST PLACE AND TIME in the entire HISTORY of humanity to get a meal, yet on the EXACT same planet and time, people have to hunt for HOURS to get 1 lousy animal, and thats all they and their friends/children get besides some berries they picked off a bush while looking for the animal.

Even if the worst was true, and GMO crops are bad, you should still be thankful you have ANYTHING to eat. Who cares if they learned how to make a tobacco plant glow a certain color when it is dying if you shine the right light on it, which seems like a very smart idea.

Plus how many farmers are there now per person in the US? like what 1 in 600 maybe less? How crazy is that? Don't you think they would naturally figure out ways to produce more food in the least amount of space?

If GMO crops were handled by somebody trustworthy it would be a great idea, but trusting Monsanto isn't possible
edit on 29-9-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Very good find!

S+F on this one.

It makes me really happy to read the India is taking charge over this situation by doing this!
Genetic manipulation does not necessarily have to be bad, but used in the way done by Monsanto, no thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is good news, if there is a truely evil corporation out the then Monsanto is it. I fear it's going to take alot more than a single lawsuit to stop these guys though.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

The point being is that they have grown these crops to generate wealth , not to support poverty stricken farmers by making the crops grow larger yields or flower longer , or have more resistance to disease or pests without the need for pesticide.
Its all about cash , not about saving the planet, thats why no one should trust monsanto!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Perhaps the "ag" which is separated by a different color has a hidden connection to this?

An antigen is a substance or molecule that, when introduced into the body, triggers the production of an antibody by the immune system, which will then kill or neutralize the antigen that is recognized as a foreign and potentially harmful invader. These invaders can be molecules such as pollen or cells such as bacteria. The term originally came from antibody generator[1][2] and was a molecule that binds specifically to an antibody, but the term now also refers to any molecule or molecular fragment that can be bound by a major histocompatibility complex (MHC) and presented to a T-cell receptor.[3] "Self" antigens are usually tolerated by the immune system; whereas "Non-self" antigens are identified as intruders and attacked by the immune system. Autoimmune disorders arise from the immune system reacting to its own antigens

Anybody want to comment? I mean "ag" is imprinted in the large Denver airport apocalyptic artworks as well. Think it's just a coincidence? I think not.. Monsanto is poisoning the earth and destroying the ecosystem. What makes you think the end goal will not be poisoning us with toxic antigens as the wall in Denver airport predicts?

Cant be coincidence.. If any large corporation had the ability to carry out such a plan it would be Monsanto..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I don't actually have any problem with GM if you take away the malicious business practices employed by those that create the seeds, which Monsanto is infamous for...so the more people and countries that push to bankrupt and demolish the corporation the better, but GM done properly with ethical business practice and sound science has my support!
edit on 28-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

GM foods are by their very nature maliciously created. The reason for creating them is to patent them, and when you have a patent, you can challenge anyone using "your" idea. They are attempting to corner the food market with their GM products in concert with their EPA/Fed henchmen enforcing ridiculous laws that favor Monsanto. Hay is a pollutant? Why, because Monsanto is about to unveil a new GM, "non-polluting" feed hay product?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Anybody want to comment? I mean "ag" is imprinted in the large Denver airport apocalyptic artworks as well. Think it's just a coincidence? I think not.. Monsanto is poisoning the earth and destroying the ecosystem. What makes you think the end goal will not be poisoning us with toxic antigens as the wall in Denver airport predicts?

Cant be coincidence.. If any large corporation had the ability to carry out such a plan it would be Monsanto..

Are they trying to kill us or just make us sick?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now if YOU were Monsanto would you...

View India as the new China and as an opportunity?
Maximize profits?
Start to take control in areas that were missed before in previous empire builds?
Get control of all Ag.
Pollute the water and sell'em bottles of engineered water?
Pollute the air and sell'em filters and bottles of O2?
Control the population, control sex, control the media, CONTROL ALL THOUGHT.
Blend buddhism, hinduism and islam with MTV and sell'em apostasy T-shirts?
Feed'em lots of soy so the women get hotter and the men turn into women.
Every new drug that you can think of gets first release there once BIGdope gets total control and the masses are too drugged to complain?

WWYD?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join