Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama will win. As predicted. And guess who's tho blame...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by kellynap43

Actually history DOESN'T tell us that:

Despite weak economy, history professor's system predicts Obama 'very strong' for reelection
www.palmbeachpost.com...

Incumbents almost always win:
www.cusdi.org...

Plus when you factor in that half the country was hypnotized by Obama the first time and blindly followed him then why couldn't it happen again. More then half of the US can't make a decision unless they are told the way to vote. People are to self centered to learn about what is going on in their own country.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

The majority does not decide who wins. The majority votes for the the electoral college. The electoral college votes for the president. That is why a president can win without the majority vote.

What is the electoral college?

It is a process that began as part of the original design of the U.S. Constitution. The Electoral College was established by the founding fathers as a compromise between election of the president by Congress and election by popular vote. The people of the United States vote for the electors who then vote for the President.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

ummm... I think you forget that Obama ONLY won because of people's disillusionment with Bush and the GOP.

If Bush had been amazing, or even just, not the worst president in living memory, Obama wouldn't have gotten the nod...

I know a lot of people weren't really paying close attention to his policies, on both sides, but he really wasn't promising Ayn Rand and then delivering Stalin.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

That's a very vague explanation... most of the time, in fact all of the time that I can remember, the majority of the votes has gone to the winner.... is there an example of that not happening? The electoral college is (essentially) in place to prevent massive states from always choosing the President.

The original statement, btw., was about the nomination process, which isn't really democratic at all... and certainly doesn't take into account the majority of American's...

All that being said, what's the voting rate in the US?? IF this # really bothered anyone, they'd vote... and guess what... they don't. Voting should be mandatory.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Cain won't get the nod, Christie will only be forced in to marginalize the other candidates (besides Romeny and Perry). He will be put in to split their vote.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Meh.. religion usually isn't an issue for me ... unless you're Mormon.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Even if Ron Paul were to, by the intervention of Loki or some other divine prankster, become the Republican nominee... he would lose. And the reason why is just something the lot of you fanboys keep ignoring.

He offers absolutely nothing different than any other Republican where it counts. If he did... he wouldn't keep running as a republican. Nor would the Republicans let him be part of their club. Sure, he's against the war. This makes him the proverbial fig leaf, someone other Republicans can point to and go "see, we have diversity of opinion." But where it actually counts - domestic issues - he's right with the herd. Penalize the poor, reward the wealthy. Socialize costs, privatize profit. Dismantle the public sector at a loss, allowing needed services to become a profit commodity. Ensure the presence of a desperate underclass, to keep labor costs low for business. But hey, at least he'll let you smoke a bowl to forget how crap your life is... assuming you can afford to buy the stuff, which will no doubt be patented as soon as its legal, and the war on private consumption will continue, no different from the war on "music piracy."

Obama's not going to win because he's gosh-darn whiz-bang awesome. he's going to win because the republican party is an echo chamber of policies that harm the majority of Americans and reward a tiny minority of transnationals.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Two words.
Herman Cain.

ta-daaaa!

Three words...

Federal Reserve Chairman

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The GOP is now a fully owned subsidiary of corporate America (as are their offspring, the TP)...and the democrats are like a shadow company who's also a wholly owned subsidiary, but they try to disguise it more than the GOP. Which isn't hard given that the GOP doesn't hide the fact that they're bought.

Just think about the 911 first responders bill. They were supposed to care for those heros by fixing corporate tax loopholes and prevent them from shipping jobs offshore...but guess who killed that option until Jon Stewart publicly humiliated them. Yup, the GOP.

I don't think it makes a massive difference who's in power, but right now, the democrats are the lesser evil given some statements of GOP candidates (*cough* corporations are people *cough*).

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Your analysis is not taking in account the three more important details:

1)What's the Illuminati-freemasonry agenda for USA, by 2012??

2)Who's the best puppet for carry up this agenda??

3)What's his/her role for the NWO??

Do you really believe that the sheeple decides a presidential election through the vote??? Democracy is an illusion. Candidates are constructed and deconstructed according to the agenda of their overlords. TPTB are planing a complete dismantle of USA??? Turn it into a fascist nation?? Turn it into the 4th reich?? Who fits better in each scenario?? People who believe that leaders all over the world are put in the power, independently of occult forces and secret societies, are delusional.

edit on 9/28/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)
edit on 9/28/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

This, I'm not exactly sure what the game is. I still think Perry isn't finished, they will just polish him up. War is on the agenda right now.

I feel the same way, people forget quickly.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yeah. At least the Democrats still occasionally argue about it. Unfortunately, money makes congress go around, and ExxonMobil and AIG have much deeper pockets than Bob and Fran Gleison of Tacoma.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
2012 is still a long way off so slam on the breaks there.

the current potus is in trouble no matter how his cheerleaders spin it.

time and time again americans have voted with their wallets and right now as per the last 3 years

their wallets are empty and if you think for one second they are going to vote 4 more years of the same

wouldnt bet on it.

ultimately it aint over til its over.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Except for Ron Paul, all of the other candidates are just more of the same! This country is headed off a cliff and will spiral completely down if we continue on with the same policies, if we continue to keep electing corrupt, sold-out politicians. And Cain is one of these!

Cain worked for the Federal Reserve and is against auditing the Federal Reserve. He was involved in an Enron-type scandal, screwing his employees out of millions of dollars (Aquila). He supported TARP. He supports the un-Constitutional Patriot Act. His 999 plan is a NEW TAX!
www.wakeup1776.com...

I don't see Obama getting re-elected, but it won't matter if anybody but Paul gets elected, since the ongoing mess will only worsen.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Unfortunately, you do have a point there. Americans vote with their wallets.

However. the wild card is this; Most Americans are kind of bright. While obama clearly hasn't performed any economic miracles, it's pretty clear that he inherited the problem in the first place... So what are the odds that the Americna people are going to put the Republicans back into power?

If it weren't for media monopoly, this would be a prime time for a third party to stand out and knock one of the others off. Unfortunately, the media is owned... and just as unfortunately, all the third parties are cretins.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Voting for a GOP or DNC clown is supporting aggressive wars / occupations / needless slaughter of fellow people, and the infamous "NWO" / TPTB".. but if you dont mind innocent blood on your conscious and total incompetence.. vote away...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Look at it this way.
Status quo politicians: dead Afghans
Ron Paul: Dead Americans
Dennis Kucinich: Deadheads.

I'm voting Princess Celestia 2012. I prefer my tyrants to have psychedelic hair.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I take calls from the public fairly often, and you would be surprised at the accolades I have to hear about Obama. People call my office because they are upset at something the government has done, and many times they staunchly support our Tea Party elected Governor, but other times they despise him, and they love Obama religiously!

It is really odd they way some people (not just black people) worship Obama. It is almost irrational. I mean one can agree with his policies, but why the hero worship? He hasn't really done anything? I had a lady tell me Obama helped her get her road paved in front of her house? That project was a county project that had surely been on the books for a few years, but somehow she gave Obama credit for getting it done?

I think you underestimate the blind worship of Obama. Plus, his campaign will raise the most money in the history of presidential campaigns. It will be HUGE! People often vote whichever way the magic box tells them to vote. Then, he always has that racist guilt. Some people will be afraid NOT to vote for him, because of their white guilt.

The GOP is drastically under-estimating Obama's election power. He will pull out all the stops, and he will fundraise for another 4 or 5 months, and then he will obliterate the airwaves and speech circuit, and he will buy the election with pretty words and false economy data.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Actually history DOESN'T tell us that:

Despite weak economy, history professor's system predicts Obama 'very strong' for reelection
www.palmbeachpost.com...

Incumbents almost always win:
www.cusdi.org...

Really? You going to believe someone if they tell you care bears exist?

Great media sources you decided to use by the way (sarcasm)

I tend to view statistics more worthy of proving ones point.

And unemployment is one hurdle that presidents have had a tough time jumping over, doesn’t matter if they are incumbents or not.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
who's to blame?

Barack people!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by neo96

It is really odd they way some people (not just black people) worship Obama.
(...)
Then, he always has that racist guilt. Some people will be afraid NOT to vote for him, because of their white guilt.

White people vote Obama? They must be self-hating racists! 'Cause everyone knows responsible white people only vote for white candidates, right?

Well done, sir. You do the ATS moderator team proud.
edit on 28/9/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def