It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's legacy: Numbers of poor and unemployed rise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If Kerry gets the Whitehouse you can bet you will regret it. Economics aside, He will give away everything if it makes him look good. Want to Blame people for the businesses going overseas, blame Clinton and his NAFTA.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemKid
So, here we are a few posts later and no one has answered how this horrible economy has affected them personally! How bad do any of you have it if you are sitting at home hooked on the internet for $20 per month on a computer worth $400+ give or take, sitting in a apartment or house with a rent/mortgage payment of at least $600 a month with spare time commenting on how horrible a life it is under the Bush Regime. Funny, I didn't think cardboard boxes in alleys had cable or DSL lines.

No, i for one i'm not working out of cardboard box. I have a home, food and clothing. HOWEVER, im not concerned solely about MYSELF as you are. I'm concerned about the unemployed(I could be one), the hungry(it could be me or my kids) and overall concerned at the report which could not remain hidden for long that USA people are growing poorer and poorer.
Your outlook is, if you're eating and have shelter, THEN everything's fine.
You do settle for very little. And you only care about yourself. No wonder you're a Bu#e.
That is is up for debate is scary enough. The fact that poverty is debated at all shows what a sick state of mind and times we're living in. TAKE YOUR BUSH AND KEEP HIM.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by ChemKid
So, here we are a few posts later and no one has answered how this horrible economy has affected them personally! How bad do any of you have it if you are sitting at home hooked on the internet for $20 per month on a computer worth $400+ give or take, sitting in a apartment or house with a rent/mortgage payment of at least $600 a month with spare time commenting on how horrible a life it is under the Bush Regime. Funny, I didn't think cardboard boxes in alleys had cable or DSL lines.

No, i for one i'm not working out of cardboard box. I have a home, food and clothing. HOWEVER, im not concerned solely about MYSELF as you are. I'm concerned about the unemployed(I could be one), the hungry(it could be me or my kids) and overall concerned at the report which could not remain hidden for long that USA people are growing poorer and poorer.
Your outlook is, if you're eating and have shelter, THEN everything's fine.
You do settle for very little. And you only care about yourself. No wonder you're a Bu#e.
That is is up for debate is scary enough. The fact that poverty is debated at all shows what a sick state of mind and times we're living in. TAKE YOUR BUSH AND KEEP HIM.

"you only care about yourself. No wonder your's a Bu#e" I think you got that one wrong. the only person in this election who cares about himself is Kerry. Why did he leave his "band of brothers" in Vietnam after 4 1/2 months and then claim that he and they are war criminals. Why did he leave his first wife to chase after a richer woman. Why does he change his mind on iraq. he does it because he does not care about America, he only cares about himself. After all JFK stands for "Just For Kerry"

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
I have to agree with Chemkid. While I am living better than I deserve, I am by no means "wealthy" according to today's standards.

In order to put things into perspective, take a trip to Mexico. Down there, most people live in primative houses with extended family. But, you know what, you will always see them with a smile on their face. They love their family, they appreciate what they have and they don't have credit card debt and then blame their problems on the government. It does seem like a simple life.

Funny you should say that. I can't afford to take a trip to Mexico if I wanted to b/c the economy sucks so bad! Clinton had our national debt under control..almost demolished and our country was prosperous..now it sucks!

Be sure to vote in November. Just one vote can make a difference. Unless your brother is the Governor of Florida then it doesn't matter who REALLY won the election!

[edit on 27-8-2004 by WuvLove]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah, the numbers of poor are rising so fast, they may actually achieve the numbers from every year (except the last one) of Clinton's admin.

Dig deep in the reports, headlines are often misleading, such as the purported 44 million uninsured, what a joke. The number counts anyone who had a job change and was uninsured for a few days or couple of weeks while they changed carriers during employment change. Under those guidlines, I am one of the uninsured. take pity on me you fools, !!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

So if you feel like things aren't going well for you economically, you're right. Time to vote for Anybody But Bush!

It's abysmal. In my whole adult life, I have never felt such an oppressive economy. And I have a great, white collar job. Spending power has bottomed out, so none of the raises you get makes a difference. Oh yeah, then you have the strapped local and state governments gouging us every which way with excessive taxation and obscene fines. It's outrageous. I saw this article and thought I'd share the link.

The Ghost Shirts
By Mike Davis
TomDispatch

Tuesday 24 August 2004

Now, seventy years later, with only a handful of moist-eyed veterans left alive to remember the heroism and heartbreak of the Great Textile Strike, the cotton spindles in Dixie have once again stopped spinning. But this time they've stopped forever. The American textile and clothing industries are dying. Since the inauguration of George W. Bush in January 2001, 350,000 textile jobs - almost a third of the total - have been lost. Another 400,000 jobs are expected to disappear by the end of the decade.
www.truthout.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join