It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth of today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
They're probably that way because they have parents who give them too much material necessities and not enough emotional/mental necessities.

This goes both ways: the same parents who fail to impart manners and basic decency are also generally the ones who fail to notice their children's problems and severely neglect their emotional needs (aka they don't bond with their child worth a lick).

Thing is, these kids get into the mix and are usually the ones that are "cool" and don't care about anything or anybody; this drags the rest of them down because adolescents have this ungodly need to fit in.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
My 17 year old Step son does it a lot. I swear they just don't realise they are doing it.
I simply have to ask "Comfy balls dear"?
The embarrassment get's his hand out of his pants sharpish.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
We need to bring back national service to teach these pukes the meaning of respect.

I abhor this little wasters. I also totally agree with what a poster mentioned; as soon as physical punishment towards kids was made illegal in the UK, this was the consequence.

They don't care, don't show any respect and think they rule the world because they walk and talk like a black person.

I am not racist but the black gang culture is something we could have done without seriously!

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

You're quite right. In our days young boys learned respect real fast or they got a globbering by their elders!

Up until the 1950s all men never left home without wearing a suit and hat for the most part except to go to work. By age of 23-25 a majority of the young men were married and had a child and women stayed at home to keep house, look after the kids and there was ALWAYS a 2-3 course home made meal on the table by 6pm. Men were for the most part responsible back then and they were working to middle class. Kids were'nt spoilt back then, they made their own entertainment and could wander in safety with the kids down the street.

How things have changed.....and it changed the day we opened all our borders up to the immigrants.
edit on 28-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
My 17 year old Step son does it a lot. I swear they just don't realise they are doing it.

Haha that reminds me of an Aunt many years ago...

If she caught any of us boys ahem, adjusting ourselves, she'd blurt out "Can I have a go too?" in front of everyone..

actually, that sounds odd now. lol

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by Suspiria

Haha that reminds me of an Aunt many years ago...

If she caught any of us boys ahem, adjusting ourselves, she'd blurt out "Can I have a go too?" in front of everyone..

actually, that sounds odd now. lol

HAHAHAHA Oh my god.
Did it stop you juggling in front of her though?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
Have to get this off my chest - what is wrong with the "kids" today.
I live over in the UK - and round here I am always seeing young lads (12-18 years old) with their hands jammed down their pants?!
It's like they need to keep hold of their meat and 2 veg in case it gets stolen - but seriously - when did it become socially acceptable to walk around holding onto your genitalia?

It has to be the most infuriating, dirty thing at the moment - it offends me so much its untrue.

Coupled with the almost equally annoying need to wear trousers so low we can all see their underwear.
IT'S CALLED UNDERWEAR FOR A REASON

LoL I had a room mate in college who practically lived on the living room couch, all day . . .

One hand down his pants the other rapidly playing DOTA all while complaining someone changed the channel on the TV he wasn't even watching.

UGH!

I feel your pain.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

reply to post by SuperiorEd

I agreed with you until you started on a christian tangent.
I was bought up by parents who loved me - who were not practicing catholics - but that doesn't stop them from instilling a sense of decency, respect and thought for others.
Likewise - my children receive all my time when I see them - and I teach them not to touch other peoples property, to say please and thank you, have good manners, etc - that is me teaching them that because I am a good person - not God.
I wouldn't say you HAVE to do it with God.

But in America, it is noticeable that these kids are the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of their Hippie movement ancestors. Hippies shed the inhibition of their parents without finding self-discipline outside of their parent's belief systems for years. I don't blame them for that--there were many parents out there who did not articulate the difference between hanging out with the wrong crowd and outright racism, and some parents were outright racist. The parents lived through a "just war" (some even having met their Civil War ancestors) and the kids to this day have not seen a needed war. Hippies shed their parent's rigidity without identifying which behaviors were actually better for society. Some managed to disentangle themselves by the time they had kids--from the full spectrum of going back to being just like their parent--without thought, to only keeping the disciplines they could see the end consequences of living without--without the experience to see the end outcome. There was a huge break between these two generations, that still persists to this day.

So off we went in this new direction, with little-tested methods of upbringing, with a lack of connection to the old way. That next generation had the choice of their grandparents (when they knew them) and their parent's way of life, in their great societal experiment that is their lives. The great-grandkids that are beginning to having children now? No chance of having that connection.

The thing is that most (and I mean the vast majority) of WWII veterans and their wives, in the US, had a religious upbringing as part of their strict-behavior system. You don't murder because God said so. You don't steal because God said so. You don't cheat on your wife because God said so. The thing is that when God no longer means anything to you, and you're not taught consequences of your actions, then merely doing things to please God goes out the window. Doing things as response to God requires having a relationship with Him. God said so isn't going to cut it for those who don't want that relationship. So there is a huge need to shift from God said to: 1. A murdering lifestyle is asking for your own life to be ended. 2. You don't like it when people take things from you, so why are you doing it to others? 3. The whole point to a marriage is commitment. If you're so willing to cheat why did you even bother to get married? When your partner finds out, they're not going to trust you, at least not easily. The thing is that these "reasons why" type answers aren't fully/always working either. No wonder people are calling for going back to God. At least when there's a relationship with God, God said so is often reason enough.
edit on 28-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: They-Hippie, Hum-him

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I agreed with you until you started on a christian tangent.
I was bought up by parents who loved me - who were not practicing catholics - but that doesn't stop them from instilling a sense of decency, respect and thought for others.
Likewise - my children receive all my time when I see them - and I teach them not to touch other peoples property, to say please and thank you, have good manners, etc - that is me teaching them that because I am a good person - not God.

You are speaking of 'Kids' in general in the OP. How is this suddenly about your kids? I was commenting on the kids referenced by you in the OP. Did you read what you wrote? Your kids have nothing to do with it as far as I know. In general, kids who are brought up in a Christian home will have their needs met in a meaningful way since the Christian religion is built around the family. The kids you are referencing are similar to the ones we see here on the streets who come from broken homes.

Here is your original comments. Were you speaking of your family here, because the wording does not indicate this.

Have to get this off my chest - what is wrong with the "kids" today.
I live over in the UK - and round here I am always seeing young lads (12-18 years old) with their hands jammed down their pants?!
It's like they need to keep hold of their meat and 2 veg in case it gets stolen - but seriously - when did it become socially acceptable to walk around holding onto your genitalia?
It has to be the most infuriating, dirty thing at the moment - it offends me so much its untrue.

Coupled with the almost equally annoying need to wear trousers so low we can all see their underwear.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

No I was clearly not speaking of my family - but I was making the (fairly obvious I thought) point that my family are bought up well without any religious influences - as a counter to your claim that the lack of God in people's lives = bad behaviour.
Not that difficult to understand? What you said inferred it was the lack of God in people's lives that made them like this - I disagree - it is the lack of parenting responsibility and ability of other authority figures to actually discipline children effectively - without this attitude of "no one tells me what to do"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

Bingo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join