It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth of today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Have to get this off my chest - what is wrong with the "kids" today.
I live over in the UK - and round here I am always seeing young lads (12-18 years old) with their hands jammed down their pants?!
It's like they need to keep hold of their meat and 2 veg in case it gets stolen - but seriously - when did it become socially acceptable to walk around holding onto your genitalia?

It has to be the most infuriating, dirty thing at the moment - it offends me so much its untrue.

Coupled with the almost equally annoying need to wear trousers so low we can all see their underwear.
IT'S CALLED UNDERWEAR FOR A REASON

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Although I do the same thing, as mentioned above..

I won't lie, it's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Sagging Pants History
A popular fashion trend today, wearing sagging pants was not at all a fashion trend, nor was it introduced as one. Although there are quite a few versions of how sagging was introduced to the fashion arena, sagging pants origin can be traced to the American prison inmates who wore loose fitting prison uniforms without a belt. In those days, belts were popular weapons used by the inmates in prison, either to commit suicide or murder others by hanging or strangling them. Same was the case with shoe strings, and hence both these objects were banned in prison. In such circumstances, people with over sized uniforms were left with no option but to let their pants hang loose below their waist. Eventually, the inmates became so used to this, that the trend continued even after the inmates were freed once their term was completed. The trend of sagging pants got a major boost as a style statement when rappers started wearing them in 1990s. This made the style popular among hip-hop fans who fancied following their idols on stage and in music videos. Soon enough, sagging pants became one the most popular fashion trends among the youth, something which didn't really go down well with everyone.

best i could find

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I couldnt agree more, the other day while on the bus a youth had the ordacity to blare music from his portable telefonium machine, all the while talking with his mouth full of that infernal chew gum, for all to see.
HOW RUDE!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Probably around the same time the government took away a parent's ability to properly discipline their kids, mid 1990's sounds about right.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

In all likelihood he was listening to that forbidden music with its demonic movements and hipswings and sweating singers and the screaming and squeaking and... *ahem* Of course its bad. The youth nowadays wouldn't last a single day back in our days, amiright?
edit on 28-9-2011 by ManFromEurope because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I'm also from the UK and to be honest the youth of today in our country get up to much much worse behavior in public and too the public than putting there hands down there pants.

As long as you aren't touching them right?
.... just carry some hand sanitiser around with you as precaution!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I thought in the U.S prison system if you had your pants low you were a ****** looking for a partner...?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
I thought in the U.S prison system if you had your pants low you were a ****** looking for a partner...?

nah thats just an assumption...it may very well be one of the reasons now but the origins are what the are.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You say about the youth of today, i say whaty about the judiciary. They're spouting offf in the papers that all the rioters (et al) deserved their extra long sentences because of the crimes. Yet in the same papers MP's who looted (expenses swindle, it's still looting) money from the taxpayer get out after serving less than a quarter of their ridiculous sentence.

I have a family but even i'm getting to the point where I'm siding with the youth, 4 years for incitement to riot (no one turned up). Loot thousands from the public purse and get 18 months. When will people realise you carry on handing out sentences like these and even I'll be standing there throwing s**t at the old bill and judges etc.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Pop songs are the devils making and are a cause and reason for this abusive and disgusting behavior.

one of Bruno Mars' songs dont know the name i dont listen to him but i recall hearing the lyrics;;;;;;;;;;;;;

"put my hands in my pants cause no one can tell me i cant" or something along those lines.

Ill get the official lyrics:

F***ing website wont let me copy and paste, oh well ill type it in.

"im going to kick my feet up then stare at the fan, turn the tv on, throw my hands in my pants, nobody's going to tell me i can't"

Its songs like these (that have a puny pathetic meaning) that are morphing todays youth into disrespectful human beings.

what sort of message does that send to anyone, to be lazy? to be rude?? to not respect elders?? to become more uncouth????

things need to change!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
Have to get this off my chest - what is wrong with the "kids" today.
I live over in the UK - and round here I am always seeing young lads (12-18 years old) with their hands jammed down their pants?!
It's like they need to keep hold of their meat and 2 veg in case it gets stolen - but seriously - when did it become socially acceptable to walk around holding onto your genitalia?

It has to be the most infuriating, dirty thing at the moment - it offends me so much its untrue.

Coupled with the almost equally annoying need to wear trousers so low we can all see their underwear.
IT'S CALLED UNDERWEAR FOR A REASON

Needs are the root cause of this behavior. When a child acts in a way that begs for attention, they are seeking to replace the attention that is missing from their parents. There are a few basic needs that must be met well for a person to seek to better themselves by education and growth. Love, belonging, food, clothing, shelter and safety are the first needs that must be met. When these are missing, missing needs are met by reflecting them toward self. When no need is left behind, no child is left behind. LINK

Now go back to the kids that do produce acceptable behavior. They come from homes where their basic needs are met. The focus is not on the needs but on improving self-esteem by seeking knowledge and skill. Even if the needs go missing later, the focus will never be on what is missing. So, what is the cause of this problem?

Kids need relationships with their relatives. In this day and age, the only relationship they have left is with a computer or TV. The parents were disconnected form their parents and now the cycle continues. This is a symptom of objectivism and a materialistic society. The focus is not on human contact so needs are not met at even a basic level. In place of love, self-gratification becomes the focus and "what's in it for me?" becomes the only question that can answer the need. Until love is found in the human relationship, the needs are the continual focus.

The answer comes form the message of Jesus. Love others more than yourself. This is giving. Giving suffers work for others that ends in reward and inner fulfillment. When we take from others, this represents taking reward that ends in suffering. If you smoke, you get cancer. Taking always leads to a debt and an emptiness that must be filled with self. If you suffer the work of a job, your family has their needs met at a basic level. If you suffer the time and work of raising the family and teaching them the difference between right and wrong, they grow up with their hands doing labor instead of seeking pleasure constantly.

The trick is in knowing where the true reward is located on each side of suffering.

EVIL | TAKE--REWARD---> | Suffering |---GIVE---> REWARD | GOOD

Suffering is in the middle of any choice we make. Suffering will happen, even if we think we can run from God in our pride. If you approach suffering from the left, this direction will always produce a debt from taking reward. If you approach suffering from the right by giving, what you give returns the reward as surplus. The Christian walk is about doing unto others and not doing to others. There is only one kind of suffering that can be seen as coming from the intent of God. Suffering for others represents the law of love directly from God. Taking reward that ends in suffering is a direct result of pride.

Follow the behavior back to God or the lack of God in a person's life.

edit on 28-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well here in the US "sagging" as it is called runs ever more rampant. I have seen just about every one of my peers go through several "phases" while going though the 6-12th grade levels. Kids today just see what is socially acceptable among their peers and media then adapt that into their own lives. In a sense most kids nowadays are so far gone into the "sheeple" mentality that I seriously doubt that they will ever wake up. I for one have been myself my entire life, never have been influenced by my peers to act differently, and tell everyone I know to grow up and find themselves.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
we need the good ole days back,with bands like the dead kennedys! what heart warming song titles they had,like california uber alles,and holiday in cambodia! our society needs these wholesome,family oriented ditties brought back!

MTV GET OFF THE AIR...NOW!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reminds me of myself in high school only a few years ago. After school i guess i "matured" somehow and put aside silly behaviors.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Not really the point of my thread to be honest - I am only talking about the "antisocial" element of why people feel the need to walk around handling their private parts in public.
Another post below yours gives a very good explanation to this..I will reply to that in a moment.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

I'm also from the UK and to be honest the youth of today in our country get up to much much worse behavior in public and too the public than putting there hands down there pants.

As long as you aren't touching them right?
ha ha - yes it is safe to say that is not happening

just carry some hand sanitiser around with you as precaution!

I know - violence, mugging amongst other things - it may seem insignificant - but I suppose I see it as being at the root of a kind of "F**k you" attitude to the public in general - oh look at me I can walk around like this and no one can do anything.

I wonder why the police dont caution them for indecent behaviour of some description? Seriously.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I agreed with you until you started on a christian tangent.
I was bought up by parents who loved me - who were not practicing catholics - but that doesn't stop them from instilling a sense of decency, respect and thought for others.
Likewise - my children receive all my time when I see them - and I teach them not to touch other peoples property, to say please and thank you, have good manners, etc - that is me teaching them that because I am a good person - not God.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I dont think anyone is "handling" their private parts, putting hands down is like a part of the style, even though its not done by all who wear baggy pants. When i was in the highschool phase, i did wear some baggy pants but my waist line went down below my waist nor put my hands down my pants(thats just disrepecting, it maybe have to do with the quality of the neighbourhood), i laughed at kids who had their pants to like their thiegs and was struggling to walk.

Its just a phase, it will pass through, just like how baggy pants are barely seen anymore in Canada, now all the kids are into those tight pants, you know, the one where you need to struggle to get into.

Whats next?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion
Pop songs are the devils making and are a cause and reason for this abusive and disgusting behavior.

one of Bruno Mars' songs dont know the name i dont listen to him but i recall hearing the lyrics;;;;;;;;;;;;;

"put my hands in my pants cause no one can tell me i cant" or something along those lines.

Ill get the official lyrics:

F***ing website wont let me copy and paste, oh well ill type it in.

"im going to kick my feet up then stare at the fan, turn the tv on, throw my hands in my pants, nobody's going to tell me i can't"

Its songs like these (that have a puny pathetic meaning) that are morphing todays youth into disrespectful human beings.

what sort of message does that send to anyone, to be lazy? to be rude?? to not respect elders?? to become more uncouth????

things need to change!!

That song sounds to me like what Al Bundy would do, but as for the OP, man I'd have a hard time keeping quiet if I saw a bunch of chavs walking around groping their own bollocks.

Thats new to me, and thank god it's not something I see here.

Face it, you can all chuckle and say things our dads said 30 years ago in jest to the OP, but we're doomed. At least the things our parents complained about when we were kids, resulted in us. I cannot see the youth of today, in general, achieving a great lot.

The next stage is just too scary to ponder...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join