It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could There be another reason for global warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
it is accepted that global warming is caused by greenhouse emisisons, but there is another theory, that takes a leafout of 'the day after tommorow's book.

Tom Chalko says that the real reason for the change in temp is because of a rising temperature in the earth's core

What causes 4-fold increase in Antarctic glacier melting in just 4 years? Sun does not deliver 4 times the energy does it? Some scientists predict that effects of "global warming" will take many decades. Can they explain the increase of the melting rate of Antarctic glaciers 4 times in 4 years? Overheating of the fission heated planetary interior can...

bioresonant.com...

edit: forgot link

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Arturito]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Take a look at my thread im currently doing some research to see if any sort of solar activity may have an effect on our climate (global warming and the kind) There's alot of posts but i usually update my first post with our latest findings....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Human Activity is now being linked to global warming.

Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Warmer temperatures in North America since 1950 were likely caused in part by human activities, the Bush administration said in a report that seems to contradict the White House position there was no clear scientific proof on the causes of global warming.

In a report sent to Congress this week, the administration noted a recent government-sponsored study supported the view of many scientists that human action from driving automobiles to running power plants helped cause global warming.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
While dont doubt that human activity has helped contribute to global warming,i must point out that in that article it does say "has helped" so even if there were no human's on earth damaging the o-zone layer,global warming would have still occured without our help i just wonder what the percentage of human's fault and other "natural" factors would be?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't think our greenhouse gas emmissions are effecting it very much... AS many have said before me, look at Earth's history. We've had global warming followed by an Ice Age. It's part of nature's cycle. I think we're due for Global Warming whether we cause it or not.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArturitoTom Chalko says that the real reason for the change in temp is because of a rising temperature in the earth's core

If this was true, oil exploration companies would have to be ordering new equipment since the drills and all are designed to handle only a certain amount of heat and pressure. I don't see this happening.

If this was true, the oceans would be getting too hot for sea life and the bottoms of the oceans would be warmer than the surface area. This isn't happening.

What causes 4-fold increase in Antarctic glacier melting in just 4 years? Sun does not deliver 4 times the energy does it? Some scientists predict that effects of "global warming" will take many decades. Can they explain the increase of the melting rate of Antarctic glaciers 4 times in 4 years? Overheating of the fission heated planetary interior can...

"fission heated planetary interior"??? That was a new one on me, but as I found out with a bit of googling, there is some scientific support saying that this is why the Earth's core stays molten:
www.sciencedaily.com...

(live and learn, eh?)

However, the original writer doesn't propose a mechanism to say why the core just suddenly heated up.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Have the amount of neutrinos being sent to Earth as a result of all the unusual solar activity over the last few years increased? Could those reluting neutrinos be adversely interacting with the molten iron at the core and causing the heating and resulting heating (only a couple of degrees would do it, remember) that is exponentially accelerating the melt?

Just a thought
Your mileage may vary

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Global warming may have reasons other than human activity but we must still revise our behaviour towards our planet.

Global warming is not the only thing destroying the environment. All sorts of waste and pollution affect the balance of various ecosystems and human beings are also affected sooner or later. We could have far better energy sources and means of transportation than we are using now if we were willing to change.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Climate change is natural and must be adapted to. Global warming by the use of gases is a wonderful ploy by our "leaders" so they can manipulate every single one of us. Global warming is a temporary excuse for increasing the prices of petrol and oil, even doubling it has been talked about, so we are forced to pay more to live, go to work, and look after our children.

new topics

top topics

join