It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael moore makes appeareance on occupy wallstreet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Not sure if this is good news and if this may help them gain publicity.

Just thought i'd share the find.

Thoughts?
edit on 28-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

thoughts? it will help Moore to get publicity. exploiting for profit is his chosen career path. street clothes and a ball cap to masquerade as just another every-day guy. my guess is he has more cash tucked away than all those protesters combined, much more.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Agreed, which is why I wasn't sure if it's good news or not. Im just wondering if this would hurt them in the long run. because of the very points you mentioned.

Thanks for saying what I held back. I just didn't feel like being tackled by moore supporters.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Do you think Michael Moore is just cashing into a niche in the market to make a name for himself and wads of cash, or do you think he believes in his stuff?

I mean, is it all lies?
edit on 28-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
ugh, they're doing this all wrong. when enough people show me they are willing to do this right, I will gladly join them.

michael moore should know this more then anyone else, but he doesn't care because this pussyfooting around helps pay his bills. a guy like him can't exist if we were to rid the world of our problems.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Having $ isn't a crime but Michael Moore is a douche. Typical Liberal idiot who doesn't have the ability to understand the difference between right and wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I don't think so. He was not born rich but saw the collapse of his community (Flint, Michigan) due to the collapse of the American Auto Industry and specifically General Motors which was what his first movie entitled "Roger and Me" was about.

He has money because he EARNED it, in that people support his work in his films which have historically pointed many of the injustices in our system of essentially the haves and the have nots.

He was arrested when he tried to gain entrance to the NYSE to ask his questions on where American's 401K went when they evaporated in 2008.Which is more than most of us would be willing to do.

The fact that he is there at the protest in person and in support of the Wall St. protestors means that he is actually doing something about the problems that we all face as Americans instead of merely talking about it anonymously on Internet Chat Rooms.

PEACE

edit on 28-9-2011 by nh_ee because: typos

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The very small elite who've managed to loot the wealth of this great nation whilst bringing us such essential goods and services such as credit default swaps, loan derivatives, complex computer algorithms designed to cheat trades without notice and speculation to up the prices of things like food and oil can't get away with this on their own.
They have to sucker enough people into aiding and abetting their crimes so that they can get away with it.
Michael Moore has always fought the system, the fact that that he's such a controversial figure among the peasantry illustrates the fact that the propaganda used by this small elite to control us has been effective.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Thanks for the info.

I just wonder why people who seem genuinely concerned about the state of things get dumped on by the cynics. At least he's doing something while the rest ignore what's going on then complain when something bad hits them personally.

SM2

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Michael Moore is a hypocritical d-bag. With his " Capitalism has done nothing for me" comments, I guess he has not looked into a mirror and saw just how many cheeseburgers his crappy movies have bought him. He always talks about taking from people who have more then someone else and giving it to the less fortunate well Mike....how about giving me some of that boatload of cash you have earmarked for more cannoli ?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Gotta love the limousine liberals!

Some Wall Street protesters fail to recognize Susan Sarandon

The Wall Street demonstrators might want to brush up on their history: Some didn't recognize protest veteran Susan Sarandon when she showed up to support them Tuesday.

"Who is she?" some of the young agitators asked each other as the Oscar-winning actress gave their cause a little star power.

"I'm just here to be educated," the "Bull Durham" star told reporters and protesters in Zuccotti Park.

Sarandon, 64, stopped by the Occupy Wall Street encampment on her way to catch a flight to Italy and was peppered with questions about climate change and the economy.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What's wrong with making money? What's wrong with being rich? I don't see anything wrong with either one.
I just don't like thieves.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This protest won't really achieve anything, those guys are WAY too powerful to be seriously concerned about a few hippies camping there. Having said that, the people should be way way waaaaaaaay more outraged about the behavior of Wall Street...and it baffles me that they aren't.

new topics

top topics

join