It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the great london fire of 1666 a cover up to what really happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

When i was reading i translated one of the sentences in one of the spells and it says Thy dark prince arise arise to take your final power thou has waited to bring upon man eternal fire

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

are there numbers with the symbols?
or planetary symbols?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonologist842012
reply to post by Aestheteka

I actually cant type them but it looks something like this ">

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Excellent! That was what I was trying to convey.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

There are no numbers. I do not think there is any number in the entire book but i have not looked at it all so there could possibly be a number some where. I like to study things like this but when i received this book it really had me puzzled. The writing looks like it is handwritten but it also looks like it was not hand written. It is very hard to tell. Since i have had the book a family member died, house burned down, lost my hearing on the left side, truck caught on fire, lightning struck and messed up alot of electronic equipment, i have had nightmares about beast tearing people apart and lots of other things. All this has happened in the first month of having the book.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Alchemy of the age seems pretty much seeped in occult. which might explain why there is so much occult symbolism in the words.

Edit to clear up text

edit on 28/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Wow yes that is extremely close to what they look like

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

from what I have read different authors used similar but different alchemical symbols to lay out the ritualised processes they followed..

I don't think the ones Newton wrote down have been fully decoded yet.. leading for some to speculate that even he was working on things like the Philosopher's stone

But the book you have sounds both interesting and scary.

Edit to tidy up my rushed posts... must slooow down

edit on 28/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

aside from Beelzebub, are there any other names listed?
I'm still not sure if this is a grimoire (there should be lots of drawings and symbols). If it is then I suggest you take it to a library (think Bodleian or Cambridge, not local) and have it appraised.
If you could scan the first few pages and a few from the centre we would have a much better chance at placing it. The 19th and early 20th Centuries saw masses of these being produced as it was in fashion. However, an original (something like an Agrippa) from the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries would be worth a fortune.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

When i first got the book i looked at the pentagram on the front and said to myself its probably an early 1700s wiccsn spell book but from what i know now i was very wrong. It is not wiccan at all. I now think its something that was made to summon satan and demons and cause the destruction of the world.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

For all i know i may have the key to end the world in my hands. Of course i am not goint to try it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Wicca was created in the 1950s by Gerald Gardner and Alex Saunders so it definitely won't be that (ignore that nonsense they say about being the oldest religion).
Several years back i spent 6 months working on a new book contrasting and comparing the various renowned medieval grimoires, their rites, symbolism, dates, correspondences, etc. The laptop on which I'd been working was stolen in Poland and I didn't have a back up copy. I cried. But I learned my lesson.
I have one published grimoire to my name (but sadly it's my own work and not that of the masters)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It seems you have a very interesting book steeped in the occult.. I would follow the advise above and get it appraised.. it could be worth a fortune and help sort of the difficulties you've faced

I certainly would be find it creepy to have the book around
but then again I am sensitive to such things and have an imagination that is way to vivid to be healthy

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I have a few wiccan books, a few pagan things, some occult brotherhood things and weird stuff.
The book i have been talking about was sort of recently given to me by my grandfather. It has been passed down through a few generations.The book came from london. For all i know my ancestors were actually the scientist who tried to bring the dead humans back to life and for all i know it may be their blood on the pentagram on the front of the book. I actually have no idea what i have here but i will hopefully find out more information on it soon. I just hope i do not find out my ancestors were the people who burned down london.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

mundi - earth

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

mundi - earth

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
...Actually it was the Draco reptillians super laser that started it, everyone knows that!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Are you talking about THIS GAME?

Nightmare Creatures is a 3D horror video game released for the Sony PlayStation and PC in 1997, and Nintendo 64 in 1998 as a North America exclusive. It was published by Activision and developed by Kalisto Entertainment.

The story behind Nightmare Creatures draws upon gothic horror elements of the 19th century. The story begins in 1666, when a devil-worshipping cult called the Brotherhood of Hecate were conducting sinister experiments in London so as to take over the city, and then the world. The Brotherhood tried to develop an elixir that would endow them with superhuman powers. However, rather than creating their intended superhumans, their experiments created only nightmarish creatures. When they decided to use these creatures as an army of conquest, one of their number, Samuel Pepys, set their headquarters on fire, resulting in the First Great Fire of London.

edit on 28/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

I still own that game.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonologist842012
As the story goes, 2 heroes saved london from demon monsters and the evil crowley in 1666. In the late 1600s scientist were experimenting on dead human beings. The experiments that took place were out of the ordinary. A secret cult of scientist were trying to bring the dead back to life using mixtures of different chemicals and other formulas. The scientist actually succeed in doing so. What the scientist discovered was so scary and horrible they destroyed all the evidence except one tube of the formula which they burried in a chest underground. The lab burned and eventually escalated until a major part of london was burning. A few of the creatures escaped and wreaked havoc on london. Mr. crowley dug up the chemical formula and used it on himself as well as others to turn them into horrifying beasts. Crowley opened up a super natural portal and called up the demons. The other scientist were killed. As 2 ancient heroes battled the creatures all night and finally gained a victory, crowley escaped with his life. Crowley was upset that he had been defeated. As the city of london burned all the evidence was destroyed of the 2 heroes so they received no credit. This story is actually believed by many people including me. As most evidence was burned a very small amount still remains but only in the hands of certain people.

I'm guessing the 2 heroes were really Sam and Dean Winchester from Lawrence Kansas?
, yeah they got it out for Crowley alright.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Me: *reads OP then looks at the forum and is like "why isn't this in the gray zone"*
*Next Week on the Gray Zone flashes across the screen*

All scripts aside, how does this make any sense at all. The theory needs proof.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join