It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the great london fire of 1666 a cover up to what really happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
As the story goes, 2 heroes saved london from demon monsters and the evil crowley in 1666. In the late 1600s scientist were experimenting on dead human beings. The experiments that took place were out of the ordinary. A secret cult of scientist were trying to bring the dead back to life using mixtures of different chemicals and other formulas. The scientist actually succeed in doing so. What the scientist discovered was so scary and horrible they destroyed all the evidence except one tube of the formula which they burried in a chest underground. The lab burned and eventually escalated until a major part of london was burning. A few of the creatures escaped and wreaked havoc on london. Mr. crowley dug up the chemical formula and used it on himself as well as others to turn them into horrifying beasts. Crowley opened up a super natural portal and called up the demons. The other scientist were killed. As 2 ancient heroes battled the creatures all night and finally gained a victory, crowley escaped with his life. Crowley was upset that he had been defeated. As the city of london burned all the evidence was destroyed of the 2 heroes so they received no credit. This story is actually believed by many people including me. As most evidence was burned a very small amount still remains but only in the hands of certain people.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

Have you ever heard of the word 'history'?
Do you even know who Crowley was? Or when he lived (about 300 years after the Great Fire)?
Crowley was a dude. His sense of humour is still being felt today....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It is probable that they brought the dead to life and they burned the city to keep it from spreading throughout the continent. Who doesn't love a good zombie theory :p

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I actually found information on google about this story too. You could be thinking of a different crowley. There is so many.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
We all know the real reason:

In The Pyramids of Mars the Fourth Doctor alludes to having started the Great Fire of London in 1666, a conflagration that burned across the city for four straight days, devouring over 13,200 houses, almost 90 churches, and St Paul's Cathedral. Although the Great Fire helps to blast away the Plague, in total it ruined the homes of approximately 70,000 of the city's 80,000 inhabitants. Popular history states that the fire began in the bakery of Thomas Farriner after midnight, but everyone knows that it was really the explosion of a Terileptil's weapon in The Visitation that started it. Well, at least that's the only fire the Doctor caused.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Nice story, but have you got a source to back this up?

By the way were you inspired by this?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

In the story of the creatures the scientist unleashed it does mention a bakery. I think that is where they were doing the experiements.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Are you talking about THIS GAME?

Nightmare Creatures is a 3D horror video game released for the Sony PlayStation and PC in 1997, and Nintendo 64 in 1998 as a North America exclusive. It was published by Activision and developed by Kalisto Entertainment.

The story behind Nightmare Creatures draws upon gothic horror elements of the 19th century. The story begins in 1666, when a devil-worshipping cult called the Brotherhood of Hecate were conducting sinister experiments in London so as to take over the city, and then the world. The Brotherhood tried to develop an elixir that would endow them with superhuman powers. However, rather than creating their intended superhumans, their experiments created only nightmarish creatures. When they decided to use these creatures as an army of conquest, one of their number, Samuel Pepys, set their headquarters on fire, resulting in the First Great Fire of London.

edit on 28/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

External Source Information:

The Doctor attempts to take Tegan back to Heathrow Airport but the TARDIS arrives in the 17th Century instead of the 20th. The time travellers discover that a space capsule has crash-landed nearby and that its alien occupants, three Terileptil prison escapees, intend to wipe out all indigenous life on Earth by releasing rats infected with an enhanced strain of the great plague.

The creatures are also using a sophisticated android to strike terror into the local villagers. Aided by itinerant thespian Richard Mace, the Doctor tracks the Terileptils to their base in Pudding Lane, London. The creatures are ultimately destroyed when a fire breaks out and the Terileptil leader's weapon explodes - also setting off the Great Fire of London.

Episode Endings
The travellers investigate an apparently deserted manor house, where the Doctor finds a fake wall at the bottom of a flight of steps. Nyssa goes to fetch Tegan and Adric, but when they get to the steps the Doctor has gone. The android closes and bolts a door behind the three friends, trapping them. Tegan calls out to Doctor.

The Doctor and Mace find themselves surrounded by villagers and sentenced to execution. They are forced to kneel with their heads bowed before a man who prepares to decapitate them with a scythe.

The Terileptil leader leaves the Doctor locked in a cell with Tegan and Mace, who are both now under the alien's control. The Doctor tries desperately to break through Tegan's conditioning, but, as instructed, she starts to open a cage full of plague rats...

The travellers leave in the TARDIS. Tegan is concerned about the fire that has broken out, but the Doctor knowingly comments they should let it run its course. The sign on the wall outside the Terileptils' base reads 'Pudding Lane'

edit on 28/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

Whoa thats great information. I wonder if that is actually true or not. It does seem like the pieces are fitting together so maybe their is some truth to the story.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Wow theres even a game about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I though HAARP did it...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The reason i put this thread up is to see if any one else has heard about this or had any information about this. I have a very old book believed to be from the early 1700s and it has the entire story in it along with a bunch of demon summoning rituals and controlling spells. I always thought it was just a book considered to be mythology but there may be a small amount of truth from the story it has in it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Sound's like a rehashed version of Re animator to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Is the book called the Goetia? Or Solomon's Key (Clavicule de Salomon)?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

No the book back is blank and all thats on the front of the book is a pentagram with a faded black/red spot at each point. The spots sort of look like paint or very old dried blood.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The words also arent in english. When i read it i have to translate each word with the google translator.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

can you write the words on the frontispiece of the book (its title page)? It's probably latin and I should be able to work out what book it is.
Does the book contain names (of demons or other things)/ Could you list a few and some details attached to them?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

this is on the first page Ad ultimum interitum Mundi

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Something about the ultimate cleansing. Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join