It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger President 2008?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Most of the elite republican insiders are already talking about Schwarzenegger being the best bet they have to take the office in 2008. Grooming the public begins at the convention next week. Some say that he is about equal to Bush on the personal intelligence level. Schwarzenegger has a few problems though, law against foreigners being president (they are working on that). His biggest problem is that they started bringing him up during the post 9-11 years mainly because of his image of being a fighter against evil. That was before we discovered that 9-11 was an inside job. So we will see if there are enough of his backers left after the shake out from 9-11.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger plans a star-powered schedule at the Republican National Convention in New York City -- from a red carpet arrival at Planet Hollywood to a high-profile visit to Harlem -- and private donors are kicking in more than $350,000 to pick up the tab, the governor's office said Wednesday.

sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/08/26/MNG088EKHA1.DTL

Respects,

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

That was before we discovered that 9-11 was an inside job

Where's the proof?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
He can't be President. The President of the United States must be born here in America right?

I think I read that somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yes he must be a natural born citizen.

bensguide.gpo.gov

Not just anyone can be President, though. In order to be elected, one must be at least 35 years old. Also, each candidate must be a natural-born U.S. citizen and have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years. When elected, the President serves a term of four years. The most one President can serve is two terms, for a total of eight years

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If the US changes the rules, then yes he wil be president by 2008. Bring on the Nazism to America
Schwarzenegger wouldn't nbe a wise choose IMO

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A friend of mine said one day that they will somehow change this law because of Arnie. Then he could be Prez. My friend was worried because the Anti-Christ is supposed to be from Europe/Austria/etc.

Get the picture? I'm sure you do. I thought it was a stretch, but I'll toss it out there for you.

His thinking was Arnie wants to unite and do good, but unknowingly is the end of all.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
it really will be california uber alles happening for real...

An Austrian taking power in a familiar but foreign land as a symptom of rightwing backlash... only permitted by the result of dramatic constitutional change??????????

mmm historyrepeatingumungousness!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
He can't be President. The President of the United States must be born here in America right?

I think I read that somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Actualy no, he can be president. Laws alow for a senate resolution to be made to alow him to become president, although he is not born american.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
oh well thats it then. Its all over.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You have a reference link to that matrix? Cause all the information I am reading says he must be a natural born citizen.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.utne.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.ergogenics.org...

Under current law by the letter its not alowed for a non US born person to become president, but when the senate passes this bill Orrin Hatch is pushing(and you can be sure it will be passed and propably already has without any media attention) he can become president without a hitch. And the senate can always make a resolution for Arnold specificaly if they want.

Even though the constitution doesn't alow it, the senate can make it happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
All I am seeing there is that IF the senate passes it, he could run. Where does it say that the senate DID pass it?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

All I am seeing there is that IF the senate passes it, he could run. Where does it say that the senate DID pass it?

Dunno, lets find out. If I read right, the bill was proposed when Arnold became Governor, I dunno how long it takes to pass a bill.

What I'm saying is that the senate has the full power to alow it. If they are willing, there is nothing to stop Arnold.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Last month, Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, proposed a bill that would allow anyone who has been a U.S. citizen for 20 years to run for president. Skeptics labeled it the "Arnold Amendment," suspecting that Hatch was simply clearing the way for a Schwarzenegger White House bid down the road.

www.usatoday.com...

Respects,

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

SJ 15 IS is a proposal to amend the constitution to allow naturalized citizens to run for president. Any changes to the constitution must be ratified by the States.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Proposed but not passed.. yet. Correct?

So in fact at this particular moment Arnie cannot run for president. Right?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
www.rense.com...
and
thomas.loc.gov...:1:./temp/~c108UYzcOM::

have the full text of the bill.

Part of the bill states:

`SECTION 2. This article shall not take effect unless it has been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States not later than 7 years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.'.

That pritty much means they have untill 2010 to pass it before the submission expires.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
lol Ok, again I ask, as of this minute Swarzenegger cannot run for president right? Just answer the question.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

lol Ok, again I ask, as of this minute Swarzenegger cannot run for president right? Just answer the question.

As of this minute no, Senate needs to alow it. And as you can see, its in the works to alow it. It actualy was in the works to alow it the moment Arnold got his Governor status :@

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Proposed but not passed.. yet. Correct?

So in fact at this particular moment Arnie cannot run for president. Right?

Hatch proposed this idea over a year ago - it has gone nowhere. If it does pass, it still means nothing. The states will still have to vote on the amendment. That means lots and lots of money to begin the PR campaigns, on both sides. And for right now, the politicians are too concerned about getting their own butts elected for now.

Oh and no he can't run.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join