It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still perplexed by this experience...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
About 13 years ago my brother was the passenger in a car which was involved in a rather nasty accident. The accident occurred when the car's owner & my brother were on their way to work at around 7-8 AM at some point in the month of November or December (my memory for dates is terrible) and it was caused by a combination of the icy conditions & the car's tires being worn to the point far beyond safe limits. The exact details of the accident were something I never really wanted to know but I do remember being told that my brother had gone through the sun roof & given that it was closed at the time...all I'll say is that my head was not a fun place to be that day. Thankfully my brother survived and is now fully recovered in spite of being in a critical condition before the wonders of modern medicine, erm...fixed the broken bits

Now comes the event that perplexes me to this day as it has defied my efforts to explain it...
I had gone to bed around midnight, about 7-8 hours before the accident, and as I was waiting to drop off I turned to get comfortable, looked at the wall and saw a circle of yellow light around 2-3 inches in diameter. This was very surprising for a few reasons:
1. The colour of the street lamps outside were white and orange and anything which could have been a source inside the room was turned off.
2. The curtains were thick and dark enough to filter out the majority of the light of the street lamps, were closed tightly and didn't have any holes in them which ruled them out as a source.
3. I looked to see if the light was somehow being reflected onto the wall but there were no sources for a reflection on the floor & there was no source of light at the angle of incidence to cause a reflection.

What accounted for most of my surprise was that in the year that I'd been living in my then current abode I had performed the same action countless times and not once seen anything out of the ordinary.
After puzzling over it for a while I was soon tired enough to put the vague sense of unease it caused to one side and get some needed sleep. It was when I went to my parents' house later that day that I was told about my brother's accident.
The sceptics among you may have already dismissed this as mere coincidence and I would have done the same long ago if it wasn't for one fact that throws a spanner in the works: in the six months or so between that night and moving out of the flat the light never appeared again, which kills the coincidence theory stone dead as far as I'm concerned.

As might be expected I've developed my own theory on what the mysterious light may have been but I'll keep it to myself for now so as not to influence anyone's conclusions. On that note it's over to you, dear reader

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well your story seems sincere,thats a good start,i had an AMAZINGLY SIMILAR experience just last weekend,but i guess we can save it for another time,as for the light,im baffled,i do believe you,ive had some pretty odd things happen in my lifetime as well,but i dont even know where to start guessing

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
maybe it was something trying to warn or maybe even prepare you for the incident

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Not everything can be explained.

I would go so far as to guess that the accident happened before you saw the light. Your brother had an OBE at the time of the accident and came to visit you.

Sorry its short, but don't know what else to say.

Edit: if it was before, could be the warning thing as the post above me says.
edit on 9/28/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

well a friend of mine was in cali visiting her fam with her cousin and sister.She wrote to me on facebook on friday night saying she'll be back here saturday at about 4 p.m.She was planning on forcing me to go to church with her on sunday because she knows how i feel about it,but anyway i had a very strong urge to tell her not to come till sunday,i swear to you something did not feel right,i felt it in my stomach it was so strange i kept visualising her car on a highway in pieces,but for some reason i never said it..Later that night i was having trouble sleeping and i swear i saw a tiny light floatibg in my room,i didnt pay it much mind and finally fell asleep,then saturday i received a call from a friend saying that she was in an accident in which her car rolled 4 times n all 3 had been ejected from the vehicle,all three are still hospitalised in california but theyre all doin well.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Microwaved

Thanks for sharing..I find that fascinating , as well as the story of VicDiaz89 , which has the similar light in the same circumstances as yours.

I wonder if anyone else has something similar to share?

Keeping an eye on this thread.. its very interesting stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
very strange happenings.
can i ask though
what has happened to bring it up here, 13 years later?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

The idea that it was a warning is the one that appears to be the most logical, if logic really applies here, but given all the warning managed to do was confuse me & make me slightly uneasy then its effectiveness is questionable at best, non-existent at worst. I didn't even think to connect the two events until my brother was well on his way to recovery.
I can't think of anything else which would fit though which is partly what prompted me to post this.

reply to post by kaleshchand

I know that there may not be an explanation and I'm hopeful rather than expectant of ever finding one.
I'm not sure if it was intentional or not but your guess could be read as a subtle questioning of my integrity, something which I could choose to take offence at but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. While the intervening years may have rendered some of the finer details of my recollection hazy I'm 110% certain of the eight hour time difference.
As interesting as the OOBE theory is it just doesn't fit with the facts, unfortunately.

reply to post by VicDiaz89

The coincidences between my case and yours are downright uncanny. I don't how to calculate the precise odds against of them being such a close match but the final number would contain at least five figures at a rough guess which is pretty mind blowing. Thank you for sharing it

reply to post by gabby2011

You're welcome

I'll also be interested to see if others have had similar experiences as even if we don't find any definitive answers the journey's worthwhile just for the fascination factor.

reply to post by decepticonLaura

Of course you can ask, it's the key to learning after all

Nothing in particular happened, it's just one of those little mysteries that's been at the back of my mind and this forum seemed like the perfect place to try and find some answers.

Another angle on the whole light on wall idea comes from the TV series Babylon 5, oddly enough. At one point during Season 3 and another during Season 5 two different characters are asked what their definition of God is. Both of their replies start with, "Imagine a light projected onto a wall...".
To find such a potent reminder of what happened in a completely unrelated work of fiction is such an odd coincidence that it just had to be shared. Not as a suggestion that I saw God, of course, but it's excellent food for thought

edit on 28/9/11 by Microwaved because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It could just be a slight problem with your eyes, i know it's a big coincidence if so but i get this from time to time... not sure what causes it with me perhaps lack of sleep the night before... junk food... stress... who knows. Where you stressed at the time or over tired or anything?

And i'm not saying that it's not possible that it was a warning but my bet is on that it was a problem with your eyes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSelfDestruct

A problem with my eyes that only affected me when I looked at a small portion of the wall & for only one night? That's even less likely than a paranormal explanation

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Did it move at all? if not then I'm stumped.... must be some logical explanation, however it's way beyond my brain power.

A crack in the wall maybe? (i'm just reaching now lol)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I sent you a U2U
You don't seem to have read it yet, so I'm just letting you know it's there. I don't know about everybody else, but for some reason, I'm not getting a notification that I have messages anymore
. I have resorted to pinning my message box tab.

I recon, it was a warning and your eyes are fine
Since it happened 13 years ago, if it were your eyes, you'd know by now

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSelfDestruct

No it didn't move, neither did it change shape, size or colour. The walls were all solid & didn't have any cracks, I would have spotted something so obvious and taken that as an explanation otherwise.
We have being stumped in common at least

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixie777
I recon, it was a warning and your eyes are fine
Since it happened 13 years ago, if it were your eyes, you'd know by now

Agreed, although my comments on the usefulness of the warning still stand

Any more questions, theories or similar stories? Please feel free to post 'em

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Very strange story, I have heard similar accounts of people seeing or sensing things when a family member is in danger.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, were there any other cars involved in your brother's accident? VicDaiz89, the question applies to you as well.... I ask this because when I was in a car accident, the last thing I remember seeing just before the point of impact were the other car's headlights and then I was knocked unconscious. Your description of the round light on the wall kind of matches how the headlights looked, which to me would fit very well into the "warning" theory.

But I guess if both accidents were single-car accidents, that blows my theory out of the water.

Very strange, and I don't believe it was a coincidence. Maybe it's saying whenever something like that happens in the future, sit up and take notice of your feelings especially if there is a particular person on your mind or if you plan on taking a trip the next day.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Microwaved
The sceptics among you may have already dismissed this as mere coincidence and I would have done the same long ago if it wasn't for one fact that throws a spanner in the works: in the six months or so between that night and moving out of the flat the light never appeared again, which kills the coincidence theory stone dead as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying that this was paranormal or not, and I'm not telling you that what happened that night was coincidence or truth because I wasn't there and cannot possibly know either way. But... by your description of events and viewing this happening from strictly a terminology point of view, this event pretty much fits the definition of coincidence perfectly.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The Native Americans claim that our deceased relatives watch over us and protect us which correlates with the traditional explanation of Guardian Angels.

This is what I feel is behind the prophetic dreams that I have that have warned me of impending danger throughout my life.

Just perhaps, this was a manifestation of one of your Guardians knowing that one of you or your siblings were in danger ?

Perhaps your Brother was visited as well and maybe even warned and maybe as to why he survived ? Have you ever shared this story with him ?

It Just may be....

PEACE

top topics

join