It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Follower of Jesus Christ .. But I refuse to call myself a Christian ... Here me out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

great op nutz.
i'm in the same boat and truly appreciate reading your stance on the matter.
look forward to seeing your contributions to the boards!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
My Avatar is actually a picture someone gave me when my mother died a few years ago.. when I NOT in good graces with GOD as I literally hated god for taking my mother I bashed god every chance I got...

then son stranger came up to me one day and he told me that god loves me and Handed me this card that I have kept all these years

the image made me cry because I was the guy Jesus is holding in my avatar I tried to nail him to the cross again myself with my rage... but he held me anyway

pictures can be so moving sometimes

Good thing you didn't die while you were raging against Jesus, or he would have let go and dropped you straight into the fires of Hell...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

My Avatar is actually a picture someone gave me when my mother died a few years ago.. when I NOT in good graces with GOD as I literally hated god for taking my mother I bashed god every chance I got...

then son stranger came up to me one day and he told me that god loves me and Handed me this card that I have kept all these years

the image made me cry because I was the guy Jesus is holding in my avatar I tried to nail him to the cross again myself with my rage... but he held me anyway

pictures can be so moving sometimes

Good thing you didn't die while you were raging against Jesus, or he would have let go and dropped you straight into the fires of Hell...

You are kidding, right?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I am pretty sure he let me fall , well because he knows I am the kind of person who performs better backed against a wall, he knows me because he created me...

and he knew that once my anger ended and I got peace in my life that I would be the kind of Disciple he can boast about... because I truly went to the dark side and back , now with all I know .... I am now the way I am

ALL about Love and respect , Not hate and rage

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

thanks for the kind words and support I love this site so much

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

( this is my first OP thread at my new home of ATS )

I will say I Follow Jesus Christ and His teachings anyone that has actually studied what Jesus did makes him stand out from any other " religious" figure , He was all about Love and acceptance , he helped people who normally would not deserve help , he would wash his disciples feet after they were walking , when people would bow to him he would lift them up so they could look in his eyes

NOW MY BEEF WITH CHRISTIANITY

I have a real problem calling myself a christian... one of the many reasons why , there are so many different denominations of the christian church No wonder why people think Christians are crazy, you have

Baptists , Lutherans , Mormons , 7th day adventist . vineyard , 4square , even catholics ,,, and the list goes on

ALL call themselves christians but believe a lil different from each other , and of course fight amongst themselves

I also have a huge problem with the Big mega churches that have turned more into a Business rather than a house of worship.

I am sick of people at church shaking each others hands but AFRAID to reach out the the people who actually need the love of god , I have seen this too many times to count....

So I stepped back a few years ago to examine what I believe ... and what I believe would offend the " main church" and that is why I was shunned ( My grandparents are VERY high up in the 4square branch of christianty as some of the founding pastors)

I believe in reaching everyone you can ,,.,, BUT NOT WITH BIBLE THUMPING AND SCREAMING AT THEM telling them they are going to hell.... I think that is so wrong ... I just don't see god looking down on these pastors like " good job " I reach people through Love because I believe if you have the love of christ in your heart it shows in your actions it shows in your movements and people can see the love eminating from you... and who does'nt like being around a positive person..

I would never judge anyone because of their beliefs , in the end it says only god can judge us .. so why do people bash each others faiths all the time when , god has the final say... so We should just see it that way well Love each other.... It is really sad that is takes a huge tragedy ( months after 9/11) to bring everyone together , and it should be like that always ...

The christian church does not want anyone to learn about other faiths
I find that a huge pile of Bovine Fecal Matter

knowledge is power and acceptance ... I have studied islam , judeism , budhism and many others because I wanted a leg to stand on when talking with someone of this faith... and I wanted to show them I accept what they believe .. because as many differences as there is ... We all have something in common...... FAITH

I understand I might upset alot of christians here and that is not what I am trying to do .. as I am sure their are some good people out there so I am trying to put all in one basket , I am addressing the very foundations of the church .. and I mean ,,,, The RULES created BY MAN to KEEP man in CONTROL with FEAR and Judgement

so as I end

I am not a religious Person ,,,, But what I do have is a relationship with god ... and if I am going to wrong way then so be it but this just makes sense,,,,,, Do you think would Jesus attend a Church that bashes Gays all the time or stand next to the street preacher screaming at you... I don't think so but then again I am just a man and this is all my OPINION

thanks for listening to my rant

This has been my very first OP thread at my new home of ATS... I wanted to let everyone know what I believe and feel in my heart to be the right thing to do............. and that is LOVE..

thanks ATS for the love and support of my first day

In Christ's Love

Nutz McTaffy

Whether Jesus and the Angles and Demons are Aliens in a spaceship or sitting in a different realm or on a mystical floating cloud it does not bother me

edit on 28-9-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: typo

edit on 28-9-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: anothr typo

edit on 28-9-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: wanted to add a few more

Its NOT OFTEN that I run into or read of someone sharing my same stance. Over the years I have like you been taught many different belief systems and I cherish the conversations with those of other beliefs. The Christian "Churches" have become communities of self help, blanket sermons, Rigidity, scorn and hate. I am sadened by this as it brings on a dark shadow of the faith itself similar to what radical islamist do for the islamic faith. Christian Churches should seriously fall back on one of the basic teachings of Christ! Love your brothers and sisters... Love the person but not the Sin. I have Gay friends and I love em like family... do I like what they do? NO... but that doesnt make them an evil person!

God Bless!

Mike

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You are christian. You follow christ. That is what the word means. Get over it

I heard the same thing when I used to be a christian. I thought it was BS then and it think it is BS now. People will do anything to set them apart from the "norm" and to have a holier than thou complex.
edit on 9/28/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There is one path to the truth yet satan makes many paths that also look like the truth. This is why there are so many denominations of Christianity. Satan attacks Christianity the most because it is the truth.
If there was only one form of Christianity it would be more difficult for Satan to corrupt.

Also people very loosely call themselves Christians while not acting out a Christian life. Remember if you make a mistake as a Christian it will be pointed out to you in no uncertain terms. People can't wait to find faults with Christianity.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
You are christian. You follow christ. That is what the word means. Get over it

I heard the same thing when I used to be a christian. I thought it was BS then and it think it is BS now. People will do anything to set them apart from the "norm" and to have a holier than thou complex.

I find your conclusion to be way off base...

no respect to your opinion but You have to understand the stigma that has been created placed on all of us Christ followers. Take ATS for example... many members often associate Christians with the crazy right wing nut jobs that march around with banners stating "Gays will burn in hell" or "Abortion is Murder" or even "The End is NEAR!!!"... Better yet how about the guy who called Obama "the Antichrist" at one of his last speeches?!?!?! He was labeled a Christian!

The Problem the OP, Myself and many others have with the label Christian is what other persons have done with it! The Crusades are often thrown in my face when I talk with people of other beliefs saying that God is evil and why would he condone these actions... Its simple... HE DOESN'T! Yet that is the stigma and the label put on us all... just like the fact I am white and american so my ancestors must have owned slaves... well they didnt...

I am a follower of Christ and if someone wants to call me a christian I am more than happy to oblige them! I hope that they do associate my behavior and love towards others as well as my non condemnation attitude toward christianity! Christianity as a whole has a PR nightmare on our hands! Something that I preach to people is Exegesis: which means to take from the word what it means. not to input into it a meaning. The reason Christianity has soooo many different denominations is because they dont practice the most simplest of practices... Take from the word its meaning without adding conjecture or opinion or I think this or I think that BS!!! If we could follow this simple task we could unite the christian "Church" and show the world Christ's original teachings.

Man has dwindled too much into the Church and in my opinion has turned many away from God because of it! I am non denominational and proud of it!

God Bless,

Mike

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dezero

You wrote:

["There is one path to the truth yet satan makes many paths that also look like the truth."]

And Stalin and McCarthy had each other. It's very convenient to have someone to blame. Even that crazy pretender-god in OT needed somebody to blame, which is why he said: "Now see what you made me do" to A & E.

Quote: ["This is why there are so many denominations of Christianity."]

From other perspectives with different premises there exist several more rational explanations to the christian quibblings.

Quote: ["Satan attacks Christianity the most because it is the truth."]

One such more rational explanation is, that anything can be pseudo-proved by a circular argument such as this, and the various christianities have settled for various circular arguments and get quite heated about it occasionally.

Quote: ["If there was only one form of Christianity it would be more difficult for Satan to corrupt."]

After 2.000 years from the first beginning of it, it's a bit late to hope for that.

Quote: ["Also people very loosely call themselves Christians while not acting out a Christian life. Remember if you make a mistake as a Christian it will be pointed out to you in no uncertain terms. People can't wait to find faults with Christianity."]

It's a wellknown 'fact' amongst missionary christians, that missionary christians are persecuted by those, who don't want to be missioned at.

People being exposed to 'for your own good' can be SOOOO ungrateful.

edit on 28-9-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dezero

People can't wait to find faults with Christianity.

Thats because its so easy to do... and theres so many faults to find

That of course depends on which "flavor" of christianity you chose to support

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I totally agree with all you stated and have much to add but I won't.

In short I can add that the "church" let me down on a few occasions and was not there for me when I reached my lowest of lows years ago. I gave to this church I am speaking of for years and when it was their time to give.....they didn't. It hurt in more ways than you can imagine. There are many reasons other than this as to why I do not like labeling myself as anything because the only thing I know to be fact is, "I AM".

Awareness is all I know to be factual and because of the limited senses I possess I cannot go much further than that, although I do believe in a Source.

Throughout my years of searching I became a seeker of Truth. The truth that I found is from the Word, Jesus. He is who I try to follow as a "big brother" or the light, if you will.

I really don't care what others think...I love Jesus and everything he stood for. So be it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
There are many reasons other than this as to why I do not like labeling myself as anything because the only thing I know to be fact is, "I AM".

What beautiful white linens you wear my Sister!

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 28-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I am in no way a Christian either.

I believe Christians are missing out on what Jesus was all about.

Jesus showed us what we can be. I believe he existed!

I agree with some of what you said, pretty good post, hopefully the religious arguing wont be too bad!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by APOCOLYPSE DAWN

lol

I said in my last post that I used to be Christian. I saw the light.... hope you see it one day as well.

Anyway, just because Christians have a PR nightmare you want to change the name? LOL That's putting lipstick on a pig.

www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of the word Christian

1.a : one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ

You can't argue a words definition

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I'll stay on this side.. for now .... By calling myself a disciple of christ

and I understand there may be a chance that I am wrong

but when I stand before god on judgement day as he is balancing my rights and wrongs
I will say the church man made in your name was so corrupt so I wanted to bypass that and go straight to you Jesus straight to you..

I see where you are coming from... but please see where I come from

much respect

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

You got me there brother bust out the dictionary....LoL

but you have to least understand where I come from

I want to go straight to the source ( jesus) not go through the loops man made

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
WOW my first OP thread at ATS and I'm Flagged and on the front page

THANK YOU ALL

I feel at home now...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am happy to call myself a christian and I love being able to take strength from my brothers in times of need, when Jesus would send his disciples out to minister, he always sent them in pairs for that very reason, and so that they would not feel alone in their task. The Lord wants us to fellowship with eachother and strengthen eachother. A prime example of this is the prayer meeting at Pentecost in the upper room. 120 men and women, including the 12 apostles, Mary (mother of Jesus) and Mary Magda and many others gathered there as commanded by Christ until they each recieved the Holy Spirit.

When you isolate yourself from your brothers Satan will throw everything at you, including the kitchen sink. It was not the Lords intention or will for us to wonder alone by ourselves without the aid of our brothers and sisters. We are a family, related in spirit and a bond far stronger than blood, a bond that trancends death. You are casting judgement on your brothers and sisters, which the Lord has specifically forbidden for anyone to do, because you take on the mantle of God without being free of corruption and the Lord said "Judge not, lest you be judged, for the measure that you use to judge others, shall be the measure used to judge you". By you disclaiming to not be a christian you throw a stumbling block into the paths of your brothers and sisters and cause them to doubt the will of the Lord and his plan for us as a family and as his bride. You need to re-examine your beliefs and read the scripture, as is you are not listening to the Holy Spirit because He would never condone you going out on your own power and without your brothers and sisters.
edit on 28-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I totally agree with all you stated and have much to add but I won't.

In short I can add that the "church" let me down on a few occasions and was not there for me when I reached my lowest of lows years ago. I gave to this church I am speaking of for years and when it was their time to give.....they didn't. It hurt in more ways than you can imagine. There are many reasons other than this as to why I do not like labeling myself as anything because the only thing I know to be fact is, "I AM".

Awareness is all I know to be factual and because of the limited senses I possess I cannot go much further than that, although I do believe in a Source.

Throughout my years of searching I became a seeker of Truth. The truth that I found is from the Word, Jesus. He is who I try to follow as a "big brother" or the light, if you will.

I really don't care what others think...I love Jesus and everything he stood for. So be it.

I have read this before and it is sad to hear that you were let down. The Church at this time period is experiencing a cataclysm. Many people are waking up and realizing that some "psuedo-christians" are trying to teach the Lords will and word without them living his commandments themselves, hence the "holier than thou" attitudes and those psuedo-christians who do not have a charitable bone in their bodies and wouldn't lift a finger to help their own mothers, these people that we see in our midst at church that pretend to love the Lord but practise not his teachings, the ones that are revealed to be hypocrites.

Do not blame real christians for what the false prophets and liars are doing. Jesus said that we would know the false prophets by their works. He also said that there would be those performing works and wonders and in his name but that they wer enot his and that he would say "away from me you workers of iniquity, for i knew you not". As brothers and sisters in Christ it is our job to flesh out these false teachers and lie preachers and use scriptures to cast them out from our midst. Do not let these evil ones drive you away from your brothers and sisters, or they succeed in their tasks.
edit on 28-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join