It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Follower of Jesus Christ .. But I refuse to call myself a Christian ... Here me out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
( this is my first OP thread at my new home of ATS )

I will say I Follow Jesus Christ and His teachings anyone that has actually studied what Jesus did makes him stand out from any other " religious" figure , He was all about Love and acceptance , he helped people who normally would not deserve help , he would wash his disciples feet after they were walking , when people would bow to him he would lift them up so they could look in his eyes

NOW MY BEEF WITH CHRISTIANITY

I have a real problem calling myself a christian... one of the many reasons why , there are so many different denominations of the christian church No wonder why people think Christians are crazy, you have

Baptists , Lutherans , Mormons , 7th day adventist . vineyard , 4square , even catholics ,,, and the list goes on

ALL call themselves christians but believe a lil different from each other , and of course fight amongst themselves

I also have a huge problem with the Big mega churches that have turned more into a Business rather than a house of worship.

I am sick of people at church shaking each others hands but AFRAID to reach out the the people who actually need the love of god , I have seen this too many times to count....

So I stepped back a few years ago to examine what I believe ... and what I believe would offend the " main church" and that is why I was shunned ( My grandparents are VERY high up in the 4square branch of christianty as some of the founding pastors)

I believe in reaching everyone you can ,,.,, BUT NOT WITH BIBLE THUMPING AND SCREAMING AT THEM telling them they are going to hell.... I think that is so wrong ... I just don't see god looking down on these pastors like " good job " I reach people through Love because I believe if you have the love of christ in your heart it shows in your actions it shows in your movements and people can see the love eminating from you... and who does'nt like being around a positive person..

I would never judge anyone because of their beliefs , in the end it says only god can judge us .. so why do people bash each others faiths all the time when , god has the final say... so We should just see it that way well Love each other.... It is really sad that is takes a huge tragedy ( months after 9/11) to bring everyone together , and it should be like that always ...

The christian church does not want anyone to learn about other faiths
I find that a huge pile of Bovine Fecal Matter

knowledge is power and acceptance ... I have studied islam , judeism , budhism and many others because I wanted a leg to stand on when talking with someone of this faith... and I wanted to show them I accept what they believe .. because as many differences as there is ... We all have something in common...... FAITH

I understand I might upset alot of christians here and that is not what I am trying to do .. as I am sure their are some good people out there so I am trying to put all in one basket , I am addressing the very foundations of the church .. and I mean ,,,, The RULES created BY MAN to KEEP man in CONTROL with FEAR and Judgement

so as I end

I am not a religious Person ,,,, But what I do have is a relationship with god ... and if I am going to wrong way then so be it but this just makes sense,,,,,, Do you think would Jesus attend a Church that bashes Gays all the time or stand next to the street preacher screaming at you... I don't think so but then again I am just a man and this is all my OPINION

thanks for listening to my rant

This has been my very first OP thread at my new home of ATS... I wanted to let everyone know what I believe and feel in my heart to be the right thing to do............. and that is LOVE..

thanks ATS for the love and support of my first day

In Christ's Love

Nutz McTaffy

Whether Jesus and the Angles and Demons are Aliens in a spaceship or sitting in a different realm or on a mystical floating cloud it does not bother me

edit on 28-9-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: typo

edit on 28-9-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: anothr typo

edit on 28-9-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: wanted to add a few more

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
well, the word Christian only appears THREE times in the bible.. so I think you should consider yourself a 'student' Disciple of Jesus. That is at least what they were known as in the first century. We can learn from other paths in this life.. that is my belief though I am a disciple of the Great Rabbi myself.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

I Like that ....a (student) disciple of Christ

I mean Jesus even said that during the last days his name would be thrown all over the place from people trying to deceive the righteous.. and we all know something is happening soon...

I don't want to be led astray so I just follow Jesus

thanks for the kind words

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

Thank you for sharing my friend. You do not need a label to keep his commandments and spread his love.

The Narrow path is the one you walk alone.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My Avatar is actually a picture someone gave me when my mother died a few years ago.. when I NOT in good graces with GOD as I literally hated god for taking my mother I bashed god every chance I got...

then son stranger came up to me one day and he told me that god loves me and Handed me this card that I have kept all these years

the image made me cry because I was the guy Jesus is holding in my avatar I tried to nail him to the cross again myself with my rage... but he held me anyway

pictures can be so moving sometimes

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

edit on 28-9-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I don't think you necessarily have a problem with Christians. Christians were a label given to those who, well, followed Christ, as you clearly do. Although I myself don't like to label myself it, it isn't because I'm ashamed of being called a Christian, it's just that too many people associate Christianity with Religion.

Religion should be your issue, as Jesus himself hated Religion. It is Religion that says you must do something to earn God's love.. this is wrong. It is Religion that says you must donate 10% of your paycheck so that you may be blessed.. this is wrong. It is Religion that says you must do good works or you won't be accepted into heaven.. this is wrong.

Religion. is. wrong.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying donating or fellowship or doing good works is wrong.. but the idea that one MUST do this to get something else, is selfish, and wrong. God clearly said, that all one must do is accept Jesus as the Son of God, love thy neighbor, and love God.

Good works do not grant salvation..
edit on 28-9-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

thanks for the love brother ...... Amazing .. I was a long time member of GLP ... so with the conditoning I got being there for years I was waiting for the trolls and shill to start attacking

man what a difference this site is.. I am embarassed I spent so may years Balls deep on that site... I had a good reputation there and I wanted to have one here as well since I am leaving GLP behind and never looking back

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I agree 100% religion is wrong and man made

It's all about a relationship

thanks brother

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Christian literally means 'follower of Christ'....as in Jesus Christ.

Nobody wants to be a crazy Christian, but...you still are.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

There you are I was waiting for you LoL

I see where you are coming from... I hope you can see where I come from...

much respect bro... I'm not one of the crazy ones I promise , hopefully over the many posts I plan on doing here , I will build the reputation I had at GLP..

be safe and god bless you

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
And so we have another who has heard the voice of truth over the noise of religion

well done! and welcome aboard

I went through all that about 25 years ago - once you get over the 'guilt trip' its all smooth sailing just hang on tight to our Eternal Skipper!

however we must stop using the names inherited from the egyptian and greek mystery schools and begin to learn what is true and what was planted there by the gnostics when the pope became the roman emperor - but thats another thread

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I don't think you necessarily have a problem with Christians. Christians were a label given to those who, well, followed Christ, as you clearly do. Although I myself don't like to label myself it, it isn't because I'm ashamed of being called a Christian, it's just that too many people associate Christianity with Religion.

Religion should be your issue, as Jesus himself hated Religion. It is Religion that says you must do something to earn God's love.. this is wrong. It is Religion that says you must donate 10% of your paycheck so that you may be blessed.. this is wrong. It is Religion that says you must do good works or you won't be accepted into heaven.. this is wrong.

Religion. is. wrong.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying donating or fellowship or doing good works is wrong.. but the idea that one MUST do this to get something else, is selfish, and wrong. God clearly said, that all one must do is accept Jesus as the Son of God, love thy neighbor, and love God.

Nailed it. (no pun intended)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You are not a crazy. You are intelligent. You see past the smoke and mirrors that we call religion. You do not take judgement into your hands, as you should not. You do not let labels influence your thought and belief. You, are the follower of Christ that no mega-church preacher wants at his sermon. You, are welcome to my food and water, and you, my friend, must keep spreading the true word.

We already know that God is love. That is all we need, we don't need people to scare us into believing. We know what our duties as human beings are, we have to stop neglecting them.

Carry on my brother, may peace and love be you.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

LOL to you No PUN. on nailed it.... LMAO

I agree 100% with your post on religion

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Thank you so much......

Much Much respect and Love to you

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Religion has become a dirty word, but it need not be this way.

JAS 1:26 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Christianity was perverted years ago. If Jesus was here now, I think that he would be saddened to find what has happened in his name.

His teachings were of love and peace. I feel that his teachings leaned more towards Buddhism than to modern Christianity. He was certainly a man of vision.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Religion. is. wrong.

I dont think you really know what christianity is if your not calling it a religion!

::::::::here is a dictionary definition of the word christianity:::::::::::: simple copy and paste - no edits made :::::::::::::

Christianity |ˌkris ch ēˈanitē|
noun
the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices.
• Christian quality or character : you may know a man by his Christianity.

Christianity is today the world's most widespread religion, with more than a billion members, mainly divided between the Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox Churches.

It originated among the Jewish followers of Jesus of Nazareth, who believed that he was the promised Messiah (or ‘Christ’), but the Christian Church soon became an independent organization, largely through the missionary efforts of St. Paul. In 313 Constantine ended official persecution in the Roman Empire and in 380 Theodosius I recognized it as the state religion. Most Christians believe in one God in three Persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) and that Jesus is the Son of God who rose from the dead after being crucified; a Christian hopes to attain eternal life after death through faith in Jesus Christ and tries to live by his teachings as recorded in the New Testament.

ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French crestiente, from crestien ‘Christian,’ influenced by late Latin christianitas, from Latin Christianus, from Christus ‘Christ.’

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

thanks for ur info

But I am aware that of the relgion of chrsitianity I just find it corrupt because of what MAN did to it

I am about a relationship with jesus and I go to a church that actually gets that

full of real people without the damn front mask that churches use

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join