It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 9/26-27... one of the most memorable & saddest experiences of my life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I said goodbye to my dying cousin.

Well, the main reason the Sep. 27th (or 26-27) stuff caught my eye was because 27 is my "magic" number, it pops up everywhere for me, and built up to a ridiculous degree this year, seeing it all over the place (not just in numbers I dig up, but like order numbers [such as today], highways/exits [such as twice today], looking at the clock [esp. 11:27], seeing movies pick "random" numbers/focus on numbers [such as yesterday], and many more), and I'm 27 years old.

Now this may seem silly, whatever, I see it a lot, but it's been the most dramatic year of my life by far. In the first week of 2011 a close friend got in a car accident and went into a coma which brought on amnesia. I won't say there's anything to this part but I told friends to watch out for a major earthquake on March 9 (half due to the solar flares which I know made others think of quakes, but also I ate a bag of "Quakes" ricecakes while talking about quakes not noticing till I had eaten half and finished the conversation... hah), then the Japan quake March 11. Since then just about every month (and more) something drastic has happened in the middle.

Around April 15, I got heat stroke/dehydrated and passed out on a job. May 14, I got arrested for a DUI and spent 3 days in jail. Obviously my fault but I only had 3 drinks and got caught because my car's tranny was suddenly dying. June 9 my grandmother had a stroke which we didn't realize until June 12 when she went to the hospital. On June 13, after coming home from the hospital, I got mugged- kicked in the head 20-(27?) times and got a broken jaw and one of the bloodiest faces I've ever seen- all for a cheap ass phone and no money. On July 7thish I got punched by a bouncer, yeah I was drunk. On July 16 I got arrested and jailed again, for walking in a construction zone to the bus, after having a drink, but no drink was on me (released 4 days later with charges dropped). I decided to be more careful with each incident but by this point I decided to hardly go out at all, and not alone. I willed August to be calm.

September has been safe for me, but I found out a few days ago my cousin who's had cancer for the last couple years and started to beat it over the last year, took a very sudden turn for the worse. She was like an aunt to me near 20 years ago when she always watched me and took me out and was great. She visited here in July in part to see how I was after my beating and see about my grandmother. This was also at the time I was hearing 9-26/27 was supposed to be the next doomy dates, and these stood out to me, because of the #27 but also because not long ago I discovered a close friend's "number" is 26, and for the past year or so we've joked (and sometimes seen some eerie patterns) that the 26-27th of every month is significant. Some truly were. But that died off overall.

Anyway, I came to realize I'd be travelling to say goodbye to my cousin around that time, and well, went to California to see her yesterday, the 26th. Talked to her while she was mainly unresponsive, then again today before we came back to Vegas. She actually sat up with help, opened her eyes a bit and smiled a bit toward me, and tried to speak, of which two words I made out. Everyone was very surprised. I also noted to myself (and a close person or two) that her mother died just over 27 years ago, right before I was conceived, and had shortly before that told my parents they should have a baby. I'm not having some delusions of grandeur or whatever other kind of mental illness, I don't think, but this number is not just another number. And I did put it in the backseat during this trip as much as possible- this was about my cousin dying, one of the most important people in my life- and no I didn't mention the number to her... but 9-26/27 will be one(two) of the most memorable and sad yet poignant (and happy those moments she functioned slightly) days of my life, and the one I'll want to always remember from this year, sad as it was.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss...
i'm sincere... just at a loss for words...
But I offer my condolences

welcome to ATS...

edit on 9/28/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jazoof

Sorry for your loss and better luck to you otherwise... Sounds like some inner demons getting the best of you. Maybe better chill on the hooch, brother. Take it for what it is. Welcome...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
im at a loss for words...maybe this lil pic i found can help

may the sun shine during your darkest hour and show you the brighter side of life

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hmm.. interesting. The number 27 has significance for me as well. I was born on the 27th. I've noticed it in a lot of odd places in the last few years. Do I believe in the significance of numbers? There was a time when I didn't and I'm still not completely convinced, but maybe there's something to it that I'm not aware of. Sometimes it just seems like more than coincidence. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. I actually lost my cousin to a car accident a few years ago in September. He was very dear to us, and it was a terribly unfortunate loss. Time will make things better, but I'm sure you'll never stop missing her.
By the way, time to lay off the booze. It seems it isn't doing you any good even in moderation.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I have always been attracted to the number 27 for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why, but that number has always stuck out to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazoof
I said goodbye to my dying cousin.

Well, the main reason the Sep. 27th (or 26-27) stuff caught my eye was because 27 is my "magic" number, it pops up everywhere for me, and built up to a ridiculous degree this year, seeing it all over the place (not just in numbers I dig up, but like order numbers [such as today], highways/exits [such as twice today], looking at the clock [esp. 11:27], seeing movies pick "random" numbers/focus on numbers [such as yesterday], and many more), and I'm 27 years old.

Now this may seem silly, whatever, I see it a lot, but it's been the most dramatic year of my life by far. In the first week of 2011 a close friend got in a car accident and went into a coma which brought on amnesia. I won't say there's anything to this part but I told friends to watch out for a major earthquake on March 9 (half due to the solar flares which I know made others think of quakes, but also I ate a bag of "Quakes" ricecakes while talking about quakes not noticing till I had eaten half and finished the conversation... hah), then the Japan quake March 11. Since then just about every month (and more) something drastic has happened in the middle.

Around April 15, I got heat stroke/dehydrated and passed out on a job. May 14, I got arrested for a DUI and spent 3 days in jail. Obviously my fault but I only had 3 drinks and got caught because my car's tranny was suddenly dying. June 9 my grandmother had a stroke which we didn't realize until June 12 when she went to the hospital. On June 13, after coming home from the hospital, I got mugged- kicked in the head 20-(27?) times and got a broken jaw and one of the bloodiest faces I've ever seen- all for a cheap ass phone and no money. On July 7thish I got punched by a bouncer, yeah I was drunk. On July 16 I got arrested and jailed again, for walking in a construction zone to the bus, after having a drink, but no drink was on me (released 4 days later with charges dropped). I decided to be more careful with each incident but by this point I decided to hardly go out at all, and not alone. I willed August to be calm.

September has been safe for me, but I found out a few days ago my cousin who's had cancer for the last couple years and started to beat it over the last year, took a very sudden turn for the worse. She was like an aunt to me near 20 years ago when she always watched me and took me out and was great. She visited here in July in part to see how I was after my beating and see about my grandmother. This was also at the time I was hearing 9-26/27 was supposed to be the next doomy dates, and these stood out to me, because of the #27 but also because not long ago I discovered a close friend's "number" is 26, and for the past year or so we've joked (and sometimes seen some eerie patterns) that the 26-27th of every month is significant. Some truly were. But that died off overall.

Anyway, I came to realize I'd be travelling to say goodbye to my cousin around that time, and well, went to California to see her yesterday, the 26th. Talked to her while she was mainly unresponsive, then again today before we came back to Vegas. She actually sat up with help, opened her eyes a bit and smiled a bit toward me, and tried to speak, of which two words I made out. Everyone was very surprised. I also noted to myself (and a close person or two) that her mother died just over 27 years ago, right before I was conceived, and had shortly before that told my parents they should have a baby. I'm not having some delusions of grandeur or whatever other kind of mental illness, I don't think, but this number is not just another number. And I did put it in the backseat during this trip as much as possible- this was about my cousin dying, one of the most important people in my life- and no I didn't mention the number to her... but 9-26/27 will be one(two) of the most memorable and sad yet poignant (and happy those moments she functioned slightly) days of my life, and the one I'll want to always remember from this year, sad as it was.

heres a thought. most of your problems come about when your drinkin? drink at the house. i was 28 when i learned this lil trck. btw still never had a dui or a public intox. the voice of reason says; "STAY HOME WHEN YOUDRINK!!!!!!"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
^fail. not an opportunity to lecture. If OP wanted one, he probably would have titled his post otherwise.

-this might not have been your intention, but people doing this are taking advantage of others in their weakest moments. I see this happen all too often. I think of it as an equivalent of drug-rape.

To OP: Love. Nothing really goes away forever. (Even the most hard-core materialists would say it just changes form) No matter what, however sad it may feel now, it will be with you always.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jazoof

Welcome to ATS Jazoof and thank you for sharing your story. Sorry for your loss. I wonder if you noticed that you have major changes every 7 years...as you haven't mentioned it. I went through similar dramas when I was 21, born on a 21, nearly died. As I grew older I then figured out it wasn't really the number 21 (even though it was everywhere like you) but the number 7.

Just thinking out loud really but your story touched me as it brought back certain memories. Hang in there. They say that where there's life there's hope. I learned that they had it backwards.

Where there's hope, there's life.

Welcome to ATS

Have Fun & Enjoy !!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you very much for the replies. Just noticed I had replies... yeah I'm definitely taking it easier on the drinking lately... I know once a week on average isn't that little but it's a step up (to less drinking) for me. Am aiming to cut it down more. Surrounded mostly by friends who drink regularly, a couple heavily. And I've also attributed a lot of this year to maybe self-fulfilling prophecy. But some of this has obviously been beyond my control... well I've learned to "respect" 27 anyway. I have heard and mostly agreed with life changing every 7 years and just recently, after looking into Amy Winehouse's death, about "Saturn Return" or the theory of life taking a major shifting turn/evolution every 27ish years. Really intriguing.

And again thank you all for the kind wishes (and I'm not bothered by any advice), I actually haven't talked much with close friends lately about this stuff. People are wrapped up in their own stuff. I did get a huge outpouring of support and people popping out of the woodwork on facebook though after the mugging occurred (when people saw the pics), that was nice. Lately just seem to be in this pretty isolated place. But at least I got to see and talk to my cousin, and, should note- she has not passed yet. But any day now...
edit on 3-10-2011 by jazoof because: worded first sentence of 2nd paragraph wrong

new topics

top topics

join