It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious blinking star-like objects

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There is a UFO mothership that fakes as a star that appears and cycles with the stars. The past week I have seen 3 other "stars" around the ship. This unusual uptick in their presense is alarming due to the predicted events. The mask themselves as stars but if u are a sky watcher everynight like I am, u will see them.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Before UARS disappeared (wherever that may be...) A french amateur astronomer was able to track it at night a few days before it decayed in the atmosphere. The video shows it tumbling and flashing different aspects of itself as it did so.

Scintillation cannot be confused with flashing. There is no delay mechanism in the atmosphere that can cause light to be refracted or aberated so that it appears as an on-off flash with a granularity in seconds. Scintillation is a rapid fluctuation of light intensity as a pinpoint object is lensed by the various densities and turbidity of the atmosphere. Planets do not scintillate because they are not pinpoints of light, but are in fact resolvable, distinguishable spherical objects.

There are many old satellites that are basically not controllable , dead and useless, tumbling because they have no orientation jets to keep them stable and at various earth orbit distances. So would this not be the first scenario to explore before thinking that there are interstellar objects flashing? Just and observation.
--Update--
Also, there are many geosynchronous satellites out there that are no longer able to control their flight aspect, as they have exhausted onboard fuel or malfunctioned in some way. These objects would appear in 'relatively' the same place over time, but would move slightly because they are decaying in altitude, making them less geosynchronous every day.

edit on 28-9-2011 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 28-9-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePawnsTheory
I am in Southern Arkansas and work a 12-hour night shift every other week and most of my time is spent star-gazing. I see this very thing at least once every week that I work. It has been way more noticeable as of late and you have probably described it best with the "ping" wording out of the threads I have read on similar events.
edit on 28-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

...after reading that other thread that was linked, I would also like to point out that is the second or third report to see this phenomena in the Orion vicinity.
edit on 28-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

Absolutely (for me) in/around Orion. That' why I thought it was Betelgeuse. But when Orion and Betelgeuse moved overhead of me (some hours later) this flashing-blinking-strobe-like object was still hanging out in the east.

Here's my total bewilderment on this object the other day

What is it? I haven't read all the replies on here yet but is anyone waging an educational guess? Someone CL, suggested maybe it was the star Procyon?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Where in the sky did you see this?

Are we ALL seeing the same object? Mine was definitely in the east. About in the 3-o'clock position (if the eastern sky was one big gigantic clock face)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I saw this exact same star like flashing objects, 4 of them, in Adelaide Australia 2 nights ago. I didn't think much of them, thought they must have been helicopters or planes..military..but what you described is exactly what i saw over a period of 10 minutes. 1 specificaly was seemingly moving, then it would stop. It was extremely weird.
edit on 19/5/2011 by repulsive1 because: Typo, add more info.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've seen this.....I was airborne over the middle of Australia about 6 months ago and saw 3 of them...all flashing at random intervals, it was almost like morse code. I was flying at 25000 feet and the objects appeared way way above us, to me it looked like they were in orbit. They didn't move while they flashed and they did so for about 10 mins before stopping.

They were not aircraft, it was not an irdium flare, and it was not a satellite. They were not stars. I've never seen anything like it before while flying and still haven't figured out what it was. I've seen a few things I haven't been able to explain during my flying experience, but this one is at the top of the list.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I also last week when the skies were clear, i saw the blinking star-like objects they were qutie a sight to see, i thought they might be UFOs?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Glad im not the only on experianceing this. I was gonna post a thread a week ago when i saw TWO flying very close to each other. I dident realize there were two until i saw one flash then a second flash where Object one would have been a second before. Ive been watching the stars for my entire life because i live in northren canada and have a beautiful veiw everynight. (northren lights are awesome tonight)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Could there possibly be a connection to this mysterious thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This topic of flashings in the sky is something I have experienced, particularly over a period of time from 1998-2000 when I was driving 4-5 times a year over a high mountain hwy between Vancouver Canada and Kelowna.

I would usually drive at night, becasue I am a night owl, and there's less traffic. The hwy crosses mountains and goes quite high, so there is beautiful dark sky full of stars to see when clear. One time when driving toward Kelowna something caught my eye a few times in the sky. It was a bright flashing that occured at irregular intervals. It would flash once, or 2-3 times and then stop, or become a much weaker light. As I kept driving toward it, the flashes became brighter when they happened. It looked like a moving object at times, stationary at other times. Eventually it turned or left, not sure.

I encountered this same flashing, always on the same long stretch of mountain hwy, on subsequent trips. The flashing would occur, I would try to see what it was while driving, but could never make it out.

The last time I saw these lights I was driving around 10pm at night in winter with my girlfriend at the time under a clear cold sky, and these lights came out again. I showed them to her, and she tried to follow them while we were driving. This time they seemed to get much closer, and it looked like they were on a course to go right over us.

For whatever reason, I had a pair of binoculars in the truck, so I pulled over onto the side of the hwy, there was no other traffic. We got out onto the snowy hwy with the binoculars and witnessed these lights coming towards us but on the other side of the road, flying fairly low. The lights, when they flashed, were extremely intense, and they flashed in pairs and across what looked like the body of an aircraft.

As they came right beside our location in the air, we could see that there were actually 3 "craft" with flashing lights. Through the binoculars these looked like stealth fighters, like a black triangle shape. Two of them up front and a larger one slightly behind.

The outline of the bodies of the crafts were barely visible even through the binoculars, they were very black or dark (hard to describe) and I could only see them when the lights flashed. As I said they were flying fairly low, lower than a normal plane would fly. But the weirdest thing of all was that they flew at a slow pace quite close to us and made no sound. Nothing.

I go a little freaked at this point, so we took off after they passed.

The next day I called the local air traffic control for the area over the hwy, which was in Kamloops, and the guy I talked to thought I was wacked, but whatever, I asked him if there had been any aircraft flying over this hwy at 10pm that night and he said there were none he knew of.

I told a good friend of mine abot the experience later that week, and he said he had heard others that had seen flashing lights originating from the mountains east of Kelowna, notably Okanagan mountain park. And the local tribes in the area had some stories about lights and the mountain there. I can't remember what he said they were.

one note on the flashing light, no matter how far away these objects were, the flashes could always draw my attention, unlike stars or even Venus when fully bright. I wonder what causes the intensity of light and if it is directed in any way.

I have seen meteor showers, satellites crossing the sky, and even what I think was an iridium flare. The flashing lights are quite different than all of these others.
anyways, thats my story. Also my first post here, hope I followed the rules.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I've also seen similar things lately.

I'm in nova Scotia Canada, and last night, I happened to look up at the sky at the right time to see what I "assumed" was a bright satellite moving slowly across the sky, it was very bright at first, but then, as it got about half way across the sky, it dimmed a bit, and then slowed down, then it came to a complete stop, and just sat there for an hour or so before finally disappearing!

What the heck could that be?

Satellites don't slow down or stop do they??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have seen things of the like, but never anything that blinks as described. It seems to be some sort of geographical survey. Like something is literally imaging the Earth from various angles. Just a far out thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

The blinking object I believe is Rasalhague which in centered between Vega and and Altar. Rasalhague lies just below both sort of forming a triangle. I.e. Altar is to the SW and Vega is to the NW, Rasalhague is in the middle and is about dead center west. Vega and and Altar are the two brightest stars in the West , Southwest depending where your at in The USA you will find Rasalhague below center of them.

Rasalhague is 495 light years from earth. also know as the luminary star, it appears dim at times, brighter in the early morning hours, ( red , blue, white, ) located in the constellation Ophiuchus. Sometime it appears and disappears, that is an atmospheric anomaly just as with its colors.

I have good view of now , I'm in the southwest USA.

edit on 29-9-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetterFromAThief
I have seen things of the like, but never anything that blinks as described. It seems to be some sort of geographical survey. Like something is literally imaging the Earth from various angles. Just a far out thought.

That's not far out at all, in fact, it kinda makes sense.

The really weird thing is that I almost felt like I was being watched, it's hard to explain, and sounds ridiculous, but I felt like it was watching me as much as I was watching it, and when it realized I was watching it, it stopped to watch me back.

Again, I know that sounds nuts, and I cannot explain the feeling I had when viewing it, it just felt like I was looking at a "being", that was aware of me, and not just some light in the sky.

Kinda took me all night to shake that funny feeling off too, I've never felt like that before.

Honestly, I don't do drugs, and I"m sane as the come, and not even sure what I believe when it comes to UFO's, but I'm very curious now, that's why I'm here in this forum, to learn more.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Just to be clear
Twinkling (scintillating) stars Twinkle or scintillate continuously – what people are describing is a single flash – with no associated star

It’s not an iridium satellite ‘flashing’ – the flash of the satellite lasts longer and is moving so if you take a long duration picture you get an effect like this:

t3.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcQ4xAEmDfDiJQHMPlNYwRmYLjUNYcZDunJ-_AM_qd_bjCXPjuePgkNWZf7I
or
spacsun.rice.edu...

The flash I have seen is stationary and only lasts about ¼ to 1/8 of a second

There’s a problem with it being a junk satellite in that the flashes come from random parts of the sky, there doesn’t seem to be a track that the flashing follows

It could be a point shooting star (a shooting star appearing to come directly at the observer – therefore producing no visible trail), but given that there are so many of them, that seems highly unlikely

Maybe it’s some kind of lightening? (I’m not sure how that would work in a clear sky)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hey i've seen the flash too. Once I thought I was imagining it, but then on a different night i saw it and there was no mistaking it that time. I'm in Ottawa Canada. Also on another night I saw something that glowed and moved then stopped for like 15 mins and then moved a little and vanished. It looked like a star but they don't move like that!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

6.07 am North East England i was stood out side and saw what looked like a star but this thing was moving at some speed and behind it was a another object this though looked like a plane with the wing lights flashing but no way near as fast.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I did a thread on this a few years ago.Many people seeing the same thing. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

edit on 29-9-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yes! I've seen these (mainly near Jupiter)

even stated it here

Link to my old post)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have two things that I would like to report, which happened to me 2 or 3 nights ago. One of them I mentioned in another thread dealing with lights seen in NM. I walked outside, I live out in the country, to let my dog go do his business, and in roughly a westward direction a star caught my eye.

It wasn't cloudy and I had a good view of much of the sky. The peculiar thing about this star was that it was blinking and shimmering much more rapidly than a normal star affected by atmospheric distortion. I have never seen anything quite like it, and it was strange enough for me to stay out and watch it for a bit.

I still reserved the possibility that it was some sort of plane with weird lighting, although it seemed highly improbable, but I went out the next night, at a different time, and the object was still there, although in a more southern part of the sky. That convinced me that it was probably a star, but why it was flipping out in numerous colors I could not figure out. Maybe a supernova or something? It's the only thing I can think of. O noes not Elenin, lol.

The other thing pertains more to your thread. When I sit at my computer I can see out a small window, about 2.5 by 1.2 ft. in dimension. It is located just slightly in my periphery, but more toward the center of my vision...clearly accessible to my eyes.

I would say probably about 4 or 5 times that night a bright light would flash outside the window. It seemed strange because it was so fast. It wasn't like lightning in my opinion, and it was clear outside anyway. I didn't stay out to see if I could catch a glimpse of it. I guess I would describe it as if someone pointed a spotlight at your window a flicked it on and then off really quickly. But it seemed like it was everywhere, almost a lightning-like effect.

There could be a correlation in what you are reporting, so I figured I had an obligation to divulge anything that could be helpful to someone trying to put the puzzle together. It's hard when you don't have the complete picture on the box, like a jigsaw puzzle does. Although you can guesstimate what the puzzle represents before actually putting it together, without all the pieces you will never be able to see all of the details, and they could be very important details.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join