It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious blinking star-like objects

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

My husband, best friend, and I all saw it move. It was moving in a zig zag pattern going up and down and blinking colors all the way. Very strange.

link   
what a great thread, I had to join in here, for the past 2 days my 9 year old has been looking up in the sky at night and telling me she keeps seeing venus lol, I asked her what do you mean and she said its that bright colorful planet that keeps flashing different colors, sure enough I looked up yesterday and there it was flashing all kinds of colors, and we are in Chicago where its hard to see stars most of the times, but it was up there and sparkling away lol.

link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Its seems to me that there is alot of this 'stuff ' happened all the time, its usually called an unexplained phenomena, which also means that no person knows what the hell it is, simple as that.

Ive had a few experiances myself but its still the same thing, lights, twinkles, orbs and what not in the night sky, and at the end of the day it is crap that we silly little humans cant comprehen.

Except for your ats god Phage, he'll tell you wtf it is within 5 mins of you posting, usually?

edit - forgive my spelling my keyboard and myself is &*^%ed as ususal
edit on 28-9-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

As i said in a post on page 2 (i think)... when i say star-like its not actually resembling a star as though it is a fixed point of light moving around. It is a strange "blip", or "ping" of light, like an instant flash the kind you would find on a camera

Ok, on September 5th 2011 during the day I saw what looked like a day star and it "flashed" me. At the time I had only my crappy camera and to make matters worse it was on the wrong setting so the pics came out VERY grainy.

Anyway I saw it due north of my position and it drifted in an "L" formation towards me then east and I last saw it over the roof of my house. I went inside to look at the pics and I missed it in most of the frames. About 20 minutes went by and I went back outside and then saw it again. It was flashing me like it was communicating say "Hi, here I am".

I then saw it again on September 11th 2011.

These are some of the best shots I have of it. The shots are when it was flashing. Otherwise it was very difficult to see and track. I WISH I had my better equipment when I photographed this ...

September 5th 2011
www.freedom-artist.com...

September 11th 2011

I have been doing my sky watching during the day. If these sightings are at night I will go out tonight and see what appears.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

I am intrigued by these phenomenon as well. I have had several sightings in my life and though they were very different in many respects they stand out in my memory as strongly as do yours. Could it be that over the years, these sightings that we have all been having are not physical in nature, but rather spiritual. The revelations that we are not alone I think come in many different forms.
This explains it for me.
Good luck in looking for yours.

I've seen objects and have recorded what I believe are objects of high strangeness so it couldn't have all been in my head or else the camera would not have recorded anything. I definitely believe there is a spiritual aspect to it, not only that but there is a lot of intuition involved.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I saw the same thing in July near HD87500 in Leo.
I was going to post but I only saw it the one time so I let it go.
But now that others are coming forward, I have to say I'm surprised there are others
who have seen this.
The comparison of a camera flash a distance away is spot on.

Maybe Aliens are blasting asteroids headed for Earth.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I too am in Bristol, U.K and I have witnessed this on at least four occasions over the Summer.

In fact I witnessed it last night at about 10.00 p.m

Just been out for a smoke and didn't witness anything inparticular tonight, but something strange is going on.

I thought I was going mad, seeing things, but on one occasion my wife was with me and witnessed what was going on. Wasn't able to take pictures, so never bothered posting on here about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi all,

I saw what the OP describes maybe a week ago now when walking home at night, I really wasn't paying attention to the sky but caught what looked exactly like a camera flash going off come from the sky not too far above the row of houses I was walking past.

As I hadn't been paying attention to the sky I thought to myself "Did that just happen, or was it just me?" and walked on.

It was about 8-10PM and I live in Bournemouth, UK

I really don't know what these are, I'm gonna have to say that the video posted by Spotless on the last page must account for some sightings like this but doesn't explain the way the objects move in other sightings.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There are tumbling satellites that do flash as the OP describes, 'some are out of order' and their flashability could be for several reasons, and can be very bright This link might help to align a sighting with a concurrent satellite body or debris,

www.obsat.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just to liven things up and perhaps be an ATS heel (heel: A faux-bad guy), I will say this: As much as I don't believe many predictions and in fact know this is a "Hoax" to most, I can't help but think of "The Dancing Stars..."

------------------------------------
Bring the heat.
The D4rk Kn1ght Mega-Thread

...I'm sure there is an unkown explanation for this that will make sense...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ive seen this strange star like flashing in the sky. I recorded some on my phone . Now I believe the object was stationary it was just really far away and I was having trouble holding the phone steady. There were a bunch of this lights in the sky in NYC but in my phone you could just see one.

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=Nw_QWcTgLUM

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=MIfJBHWyaHs

I wonder is this what ppl have been seeing. I have to say this stars were flashing red blue and all sorts of colors , you can clearly see on the video how it seems to flash.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Warhacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
No, the 'wiggly' thing in orion's belt, I've watched for decades, its only named in arabic, that I know of.
I'm on the west coast of u.s., 50 miles from san francisco. About 9pm, there's a flashy thing to the west and the 'second sun to the east and slightly north.
Capella is close to Jupiter, which is almost straight up at that time. The flashy thing is definently not venus either, which should be the only bright thing to the west at 9pm here.
None of the extra things I see are natural

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have seen this type of flash in the night sky for a few years now. My back yard sky is pretty bright on clear nights,bright enough I can see the milky way rift. I catch it in the corner of my eye usually. This last Saturday is when I actually seen it straight on. I was laying in my back yard with my husband fornicating
and watching the stars at the same time,yes its possible. When I seen the bright flash as if someone thought it would be a good idea to take nude earthling photography.. good thing we had blankets on cause it was a bit chilly
I jumped out of there and about took his jaw with me..."look.. see...did you see that?" Him "no my head was covered and I was busy" Haaa ha star gazing is fun!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have something to do with this mysterious thread.
edit on 28-9-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I posted the video footage I took of the star Capella. It can be viewed at 1080p in full screen.

It is a mesmerizing looking star IMO.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just had to point to this on the screen today and shout to my wife

...."SEE I'M NOT ALONE! THEY'VE SEEN THEM TOO!"

hahah sound like an idiot but I'm not convinced they are stars. I'm in the Durham area of England, me and my wife also saw/followed a UFO back in May which dissappeared in front of our very eyes....wife's in denial but I've gone from looking at the floor depressed to looking at the heavens allday, everyday, because it convinced me that theirs a hell of a lot more to this life!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow, its interesting reading all these replies. Especially that some people are describing identical sightings.
I didn't think there would be as big of a response as there has been.

While the blinking satellite theory someone mentioned (about thrusters, repositioning etc) is probably the closest thing that is logical to what i saw, it still doesn't add up.

If a satellite was turning due to a thruster or some other propulsion/turning system, it wouldn't double back on itself in the smallest part of the sky or appear to be in the same place twice (within the same sighting) would it? I would assume it would be turning in a huge arc pathway across the sky rather than sharp turns/erratic movements. Confusing as it is, i know a photo or video would be of great help but unfortunately i cannot even pick up the brightest star on the only digital camera i own.

I guess its an excuse to save up for a nightscope of some kind.
Also glad i'm not the only person confused by these flashes of light either.

Thanks for the comments so far people.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by freedommusic

I love those blinking stars. I believe it's called scintillation. I watch them every night and am mesmerized. However what the OP is describing, I have never seen, I'd love to though!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Wow, its interesting reading all these replies. Especially that some people are describing identical sightings.
I didn't think there would be as big of a response as there has been.

While the blinking satellite theory someone mentioned (about thrusters, repositioning etc) is probably the closest thing that is logical to what i saw, it still doesn't add up.

If a satellite was turning due to a thruster or some other propulsion/turning system, it wouldn't double back on itself in the smallest part of the sky or appear to be in the same place twice (within the same sighting) would it? I would assume it would be turning in a huge arc pathway across the sky rather than sharp turns/erratic movements. Confusing as it is, i know a photo or video would be of great help but unfortunately i cannot even pick up the brightest star on the only digital camera i own.

I guess its an excuse to save up for a nightscope of some kind.
Also glad i'm not the only person confused by these flashes of light either.

Thanks for the comments so far people.

I've got one more thing to add which i've just remembered about. My little boy woke up at around 2am on saturday night to go to the bathroom...when he did it I looked outside the landing window, and saw on of these and I said "son, come look at this" he asked what it was, so I simply replied..."a star" lol little did I know this "star" would disappear, reappear and then blink for a good 5-7mins...my son ran into my bed and was horrified...and before anyone else says it....no their was no clouds!

Pllllease let peace come down from the heavens!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i have seen a bunch of these recently, 3 in one night recently, one with a group of friend and one onmy own. My friend videod one in jan this year, i posted it here to see what ats thought, here's the thread

dd

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join