It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It spreads. The 99% scatter outward.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Scary is also CNN and other news networks trying to say that he is inexperienced, doesn't know what he is talking about. They even label him "Amateur Trader". If he is an "amateur" and is wrong why do they even waste their breaths... they just making him more popular.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

Originally posted by feloniusIf the revolution did/does happen, there will be an immense political void. The current "revolutionaries" have neither the education , common sense, nor the moral compass to guide them in such a void. I can not take any bunch serious that while wearing "Che" shirts, they couldnt identify a picture of George Patton or give even a cursory history of either world war.

I take your point, but in all seriousness what do any of those things have to do with changing the way we live or building a NEW civilisation?

I think you'll be surprised what the younger generations are capable of once we are "unplugged" from the distractions that have so far captured our attention.

Besides, we'd still have the oldies like you around for guidance

P.S. I don't wear Che shirts, not sure who George Patton is (Just looked it up - US Army General in WW2 - no relevance at all to my life) and I can give a cursory outline of both World Wars. Both the real versions and the history book versions
Then again I am almost 30 so perhaps not the generation you are speaking of.

Glad you have sense enough not to support Che

If you knew more about the way Patton thought (and his German counterpart Erwin Rommel), they have amazing relevance to a mans life.

They were some of the last of the "Chivalric Order" of warriors. They lived by a code and NEVER wavered.

Your generation is about where education really started to tank.

My only saving grace is that I"m a self taught history major. My time periods are both world wars, vietnam, and minors in the "roman" era's.

I refused to have a second rate education. You never know when something you read may help in the future.

...you also learn from others mistakes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
reply to post by AbdulAlhazred

Thanks for your comment did you get that from The Scotland Tourism Board.

Very nice quote may just Nick that if you dont lock it down

edit on 28-9-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

Not sure of which part your referring to, but, fill yer boots, as they say.....

Lived in Maryhill for a brief spell.... It too is a #hole.
Should have said in my previous post that your correct in your observation of the sudden difference of being in Drumchapel and Bearsden.
edit on 29-9-2011 by AbdulAlhazred because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
"You should view the world as a conspiracy run by a very closely-knit group of nearly omnipotent people and you should think of those people as yourself and your friends" Robert Anton Wilson

Its exactly what I say to my friends as they s'n-word' and thing the world is fine, still blinded by the shine of there new iphones I guess.

Check out these videos I found It's Here The People's Revolution

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I know a lot of people are thinking the same thoughts about their enslavement. You only have to lightheartedly bring it up in a group," know what I mean nudge nudge?", and then all will take turns adding to the observations and complaints. This is how we show solidarity and band together. We have to know we are all right next to each other.

I'm thinking of using the standard method of showing solidarity through a T shirt. I don't have to speak all the time to be a constant reminder. I plan to paint a shirt with "99%" on the front and "Please Wake Up" on the back. "99%" is a funny conversation starter, as it might seem to others I've resolved to only give "99%". The statement "Please Wake Up" is used in movies by children to elicit emotion. The person cannot wake up as the person is dead. Grateful Dead? These word plays are entertaining and intriguing. Double meaning triggers more personal meaning and inward exploration. It's permission to freely associate.

I think it's funny that our movement shows solidarity through Guy Fawkes the misguided loser. However, it's only indirectly through the movie" V for Vendetta". That's about a violent and flamboyant guy trying to free the people from an oppressive system. Our movement isn't violent nor flamboyant. It reminds me of the Grateful Dead using religion and pop songs for meanings unintended by the original authors.

One of the cancers within our ongoing revolution has been those who rise in order to enslave the participants. They use the rhetoric of the movement to accomplish something totally different. This is evident by the hippie to yuppie syndrome. They think the problem with the world is that they're not the ones with the cash and control.
edit on 29-9-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Unless we break the binds of slavery created by greed and debt we will never know what it means to be free. We were born into this bond of monetary chains without realizing that the system was designed to make us subservient to those that manipulate the system for their own device.

Unless we get rid of money (it's not really needed and it's out of date) and greed, we will never know our full potential as human beings.

We are asleep and unwise to the treachery that is forcefully driven into us since birth. Only when it starts to effect us on an individual level will we realize how bad we've been had. Our faith in our leaders has been betrayed, still we do nothing.

This fall of Rome will continue, and only when things are at its worst will we ever really understand. That's the hitch though you see.........it has to fall through the floor of disrepair before we can climb to a new sense of enlightenment. A few people are going to have to die at the hands of the elite whom pay us no mind before even they have to face the music.

In the end, what do you really have other than life that is worth any true value?

We must fall into chaos before we find clarity as that is the natural order of things. It has happened many times before. It will happen very soon.....3 months to a year is my guess.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
"You should view the world as a conspiracy run by a very closely-knit group of nearly omnipotent people and you should think of those people as yourself and your friends" Robert Anton Wilson

Its exactly what I say to my friends as they s'n-word' and thing the world is fine, still blinded by the shine of there new iphones I guess.

Check out these videos I found It's Here The People's Revolution

Ahh, not mine Im afraid. Its by Robert Anton Wilson. He wrote some awesome books on psychology, illuminati, synchronicity, occult etc. And he was the editor of playboy sometime in 70's. Close friend of Timothy Leary, George Carlin, Malaclypse the younger...etc.
Look for a book called "the Illuminati Trilogy". Its a fictional book with a lot of real world events and people tied in. Its where the KLF got a lot of their ideas for their music, like the Kick Out the Jams. The JAMS are the Justified Ancients of Mu. He's also 1 of the creators of the number "23" thing. Anyway, this is probably going to be removed as Off Topic. So i'll stop there.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Something to think about...

There is something that everyone must understand about human nature, we All have a fatal flaw called GREED. I read all these posts where everyone has these utopian ideas that somehow we can all just get along. We can't, period. As children, we want more candy than the next child; we want the biggest piece of cake. As adults we want to make a million dollars, but then when we have a million do we step aside so the next person can make their million? No, we go on to try and make another million and then another and another. That's what got us into this mess. Our banks and corporations are all international conglomerates, and nothing can hold them back or check their growth.

Of course, when a person gets wealth, they also think they should have power. Have you ever noticed that when an actor or musician has made a lot of money they seem to think that gives them the right to tell other people how to live? Many have no formal education, and wouldn't be wealthy to begin with unless a bunch of "handlers" made decisions for them and stroked their ego. Yet, many of the younger generations look at them as gods, and whatever dumb idea they come up with is like a sign from heaven. It's a world designed around "if it feels good, do it." Every wonder why a president has to be at least 35 years old to run for office? And, ever wonder why, as most people age, they become more conservative? (A few don't, and they all seem to be in control now.)

We are not going to get rid of greed. It is as much a part of human beings as life itself. The only way to control greed is by keeping our world separated into individual countries. When dictators arise, they are confined. Just imagine if Hitler's dream of a world empire had materialized. Who would have stopped him?

America needs to pull back inside it's boundaries, and so does the nations of Europe. Go back to smaller governments and more personal responsibility. You can't stop greed, but you can keep it from getting out of hand.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Check out Vitchilo's thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12449782#pid12449782

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zapr1943
There is something that everyone must understand about human nature, we All have a fatal flaw called GREED. I read all these posts where everyone has these utopian ideas that somehow we can all just get along. We can't, period.
Well then, I'll just give up. Thank you for enlightening me.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Why would you want to give up? Play the hand you're dealt. Greed is a fact of life, but if you realize it's there, handle it, plan on running into it, and work with it or around it. I'm just saying not to stick your head in the sand and try to pretend that people aren't inherently greedy; some more than others. Uncontrolled greed is why our country, and the rest of the world too, is in the mess it's in.

Look at the OP's video. The guy is plainly stating he is looking out for number one. That's greed. People don't go to work without expecting to get paid for their time. Would you? Oh, people might say that what they do in life is for the common good, but first they want to take care of their own "good," then if they have some left over, they'll help somebody else. If you don't believe that, you really do need to study people a little more. That's why a utopian society will never work, at least as long as mankind is in control.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Why would you want to give up?

Surely you know sarcasm? We must run in different circles. I'm not seeing what you're seeing

Originally posted by zapr1943 Play the hand you're dealt.

Are you referring to the slavery I was born into? I don't intend to play the game for the benefit of the 1%. I won't let a handful of sociopaths affect me. I will show everyone around me that we all feel the same way. Together we 99% will build a world based on satisfying the needs of all through minimal work and maximum fun. That is the true natural high. Greed is not. It is an illness.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Those are two completely different people; one is satire and the other is reality. I seen the Yes men documentary and unless they expanded (from two members) then the guy in the first video is in fact a trader. If you have proof the the first trader linked is actually a Yes man, please link it now, and I will say no more.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Never mind, I thought I was talking with an adult. You want to have a society with..."minimal work and maximum fun?" I suppose you'll also have unicorns skipping around among the butterflies? You really do need a refresher course in the realities of human nature.

Sorry I upset your little world...and yes, we certainly do run in different circles.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is the beginning of something big.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Sorry I upset your little world...and yes, we certainly do run in different circles.

No worries. I'm not upset.
My little world is relatively large, and we all feel the same way

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

And, am I to believe that, after watching the anon video, that future 'occupy' protests are scheduled to happen in selected US cities? I'll believe this whole things legit, when we see it (notice the future dates on the city 'posters') - no need to speculate merely need to wait and see...

A few October 2nd, but mostly October 6th, and a few October 7th!

We'll see.

Well, then... Kudos!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join