It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hell is this Sh** allowed on BTS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
The US government lied to the UN, it's people, and the world to justify their war.
The UN didn't sanction the war.
The war was therefore illegal.

Well, I don't know alot about what makes a war legal...so I'll have to leave this until I've read up on it a little more.

Two US presidents and a wannabe US president isn't "pretty much everyone", it's a collection of US presidents. Bush said Saddam was a clear and imminent threat to the US, something the vast majority of people around the world thought was a lie, and indeed turned out to be a lie.

Well, those were just two of the examples I was listing. More people than them though that Iraq had them. You have to admit that it was reasonable to think that. Besides, just because we haven't found them yet, intact, still usable...does not mean that Sadam didn't have them. I mean, we gave them to him! We know that he used them in the past, what was stopping him from using them now? All that stretch of desert...it would be VERY easy for him to hide them.

No they didn't. rusting 10 year old ordinance from pre 1992 was all they found.

Again, I bring up the fact that most people agreed he had them, at the time that the war was starting.

But Bush said, time and time again, that Iraq was a clear and imminent threat to the US.

He didn't say Iraq was the threat...he said that the terrorists were a threat. Saddam was a threat, which I believe (as far as the terrorists go). Besides, are you saying that we SHOULDN'T have taken Saddam out of power?

You're kidding right? You think if current, usable WMD were found in Iraq it would somehow be missed by the entire world's media? And are you calling the likes of Fox news liberal?!?!

Fox news is one of the only non-liberal news station. Just about all the rest only report the bad things. They don't report the good things we've done for people...just more deaths.

In real democracies politicians have to argue their case with a real live opposition. They also have to face real, aggressive, political interviews. They have talk in front of hostile audiences. The fact the US presidents don't seem to have to do any of these things appears to be a fatal flaw in the US political system, which leads to failed businessmen with zero political acumen becoming president. Seriously, do you think that out of 280 million Americans, Bush was really the best qualified person to do the job?

First off, I never said he was best. I do support what he is doing now. I don't think he is the best, and I don't agree with everything he does. I'm sure there were better candidates, this is just the ones the republican party chose. Collen Powell may have been better..who knows. Anyway, you can't bash Bush for not debating in public, as generally none of our presidents do.

Sorry? Are you living on the same planet as the rest of us? The vast majority in EVERY european country opposed the war.

Then why are there so many country's in the war with us? Maybe the citizen's protest, but the governments are sending troops into Iraq, just like the U.S.

Retarded doesn't mean mental illness. It means subnormal development relative to the norm. Maybe you don't see it, but the rest of the world does.

Subnormal development? Now these are just cheap insults.

If Bush isn't bad for the US reputation, how do you explain all these "bush bashing" threads you complain about?

Yeah, you got me. But I don't think that they are justified.

Like you say, you have you opinion and I have mine. I hope for your sake the US remains as free as you seem to think it is. Right now you are one of the least free countries in the western world.

Least free in the western world??? I think not.

[Edited on 28-8-2004 by Herman]

[Edited on 28-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
IF you friggin liberales would just shut yer pie-holes for a minute and stop being so Goddamn un-American, you would clearly see this is a censorship issue. Yer complaining, and pointing, and questioning, is stopping us patriots from getting everyone behind our President.

You, with all yer "we shouldn't be torturing Iraqi children," yer "where's the wmds" and yer "god loves all people, even if they're homosexual;" yer just encouraging others to do un-patriotic things like help minorities vote, discuss politics in public, and make fun of FOX news.

Just look at these Bush Bashers! Where's the other side of the story, where are the pictures of happy American's gassing up their SUV's, going to church to praise Jesus Christ, or just having fun at a BBQ.

C'mon kids, stop yer belly aching, get yer war profits, and learn to love the sound of silence and the taste of cash.

Yeee-haaah! Keep it Texan, keep it Christian (not catholic though), and for God's sake, keep it down over there on the left!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maannn I totally disagreeee with you. We should just stop spending any money at all and just worry about the rainforests, man. If these global multi-corporations would just stop ruinin' our environment, We could all live happily ever after, man. Cause no, nature isn't cruel at allll.

I can't believe how mad you guys got when the terrorists bombed those buildings, man. We shouldn't be fighting them, we should have just...played them a song. We should all just sit back, and listen to the music. That's how it was meant to be.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Herman, I see a topic, take a peek and if I see the usual nauseating hash of either candidate is there, I go on to another thread. And it won't stop after the election. If Bush wins, it will get stepped up about 10 more levels. If Kerry wins, it'll be the same in reverse. There's no shelf-life for this crap, it's unlimited. People are still reaching back into the Revolutionary War and earlier for their arguments. I'm surprised it hasn't gone back to cavemen. 11,000 years ago a guy crossed the land bridge and killed other innocent beings to take their resources. Bush is a descendant of that man!!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Complaining about complaining about Bush is not nearly as interesting as one would think.:shk:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join