It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Depopulation Delusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The Depopulation Delusion

The has been so much talk lately about Depopulation schemes and conspiracies that I feel compelled to contribute to the conversation, and correct what I consider to be a grave misunderstanding, if not deliberately instigated red herring- the myth of depopulation

US population is expected to increase from approximately 300 million to 400 million people by 2040:

www.usatoday.com... billion by 2067

The world population will double to 13 billion by 2067:

geography.about.com...

Pat Buchanan has said that Americans should reproduce more:

mediamatters.org...

Bill Gates said there should be unlimited H1B visas for foreign workers to immigrate to America:

www.pcworld.com...

Even the Sierra Club is afraid to say that population growth is bad. In a policy vote in 1996 they decided to stay out of advocating for immigration and population growth, even though growth is extremely damaging to the environment:

www.susps.org...

There are no politicians calling for reducing legal immigration- only illegal:

www.associatedcontent.com...

Conservatives want to end abortion, sex education, even family planning and birth control:

www.idiotechnica.com...

Local politics are all about increasing the property tax base, i.e. population

Capitalism calls for growth- endless and unlimited growth. That cannot be supported without growing the population.

There is no evidence of any plans to decrease population- just supposition, hearsay, and the Georgia Guidestones, which no one even knows who planted or created them. Personally, I am starting to think that they are a hoax to scare people and turn them against reasonable (and necessary) population control efforts.

The real danger to America and the human race is not depopulation, but overpopulation, which will cause increasing poverty, homelessness, unemployment, bankruptcy, food insecurity, stress, and general suffering along with a growing gap in political power between the haves and the have-nots. All the while obliterating our environment.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am far too tired at this point to go through the hundered different things that can prove you wrong friend, so i'll just say food is a good place to start. you already know about the guidestones, did you know they have astronomical alignments just like ancient monoliths? does -that- not tell you who built it? it wasn't joe blow pulling a prank.

ed: your correct that there will be an overpopulation problem, perhaps give or take when you factor in cluster bombs...but the point is they figured that out 100 years ago, and thunk up the most rediculous plan since comical plans we're invented, except its not a joke, they are the joke.
edit on 27/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
just throwing out a fact...its a well know fact the earth cant sustain 13billion people..... there is not enough resources or that for us if you want this person did the math and said 9-12billion is stretching the limits of our planet....Here is the artical

and a fare quote

I have mentioned before a Hubbert type analysis that can be applied to human population growth which is already slowing down. This predicts that in 2024 there will be a maximum at 7.1 billion people (not many more than the 6.7 billion now) after which there will be a decline to 2.5 billion by 2100. I would not be at all surprised because resources to support population are limited.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Lol, looks like another poster that sports his education critiques from the MSM? Op, think outside the box on this for a second shall you? you have nuclear plants in japan, the shiat about ready to hit the fan economic wise and resource wise, and you see no correlation with events that soon will lead to depopulation. Hey i have ocean front property too in Arizona that i would love to sell you, hmm, it was repossed,

The ultimate depression is about to happen so plz do not shiat in my bed, then think pissing in my wheaties is ok, and say that is alright

Think for yourself, what happened during the first great depression from black friday of 1929- the first world war? lots of individuals lost their lives, homes, wifes, kids, and their sense of self worth, RIGHT

So forget them gestimated polls that says that only 10percent of the population is still unemployed

you soon will be wondering why you even expressed-wrote this thread, contributing to the oligarchy that loves us, and tells us that things are just fine, when i hear threads like this, my inner being says RUN

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

your correct that there will be an overpopulation problem, perhaps give or take when you factor in cluster bombs

You guys don't get it. No one in our government is going attack us with bombs- overpopulation is the weapon. It is going to reduce us to dirt-poor powerless slaves, trapped by endless seas of concrete and building- no walls necessary. They won't need walls because there will be no where to go and nothing to eat to fuel us to get there.

They are going to make America just like the middle east- poor masses in two factions spending all their resources yelling and attacking other while the all powerful overlords sip tea in their villas.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

The world population will double to 13 billion by 2067:

I respectfully disagree.
The information I have says that families are declining.

Demographic Winter - the decline of the human family (Full Movie)
51 minutes 44 seconds running time

"Never in history have we had economic prosperity acompanied with depopulation."
-From the video

The illusion of overcrowding is two things,
concentration in urban environments,
and people are living much longer.

But the future looks bad.
Really bad.
Don't watch this video if you wish to remain optamistic.
Almost every country in Europe is past the point of no return,
and has dropped below the required 2.1 child per couple to sustain their populations.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The information I have says that families are declining.

Your sources are high, and have apparently never heard of Africa, the middle east, asia, south America or Texas.

Yes modern cities are full of entrepreneurs that don't have any, or many kids, but suburbia is decimating the rest of America with endless destruction- I mean growth.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Almost every country in Europe is past the point of no return

Europe has 400 million people and lots of immigration- how is that depopulation?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Population growth is decreasing globally, which is what happens with economic growth and prosperity. The last projections i saw had a peak at 11 billion and a decline after that.

Assuming a linear or even exponential growth rate for population is just incorrect. And assuming that we are even close to the limits of food or water is also ridiculous when we still have farmers being paid not to produce and vast areas of land that could be cultivated.

Sorry but the Club of Rome-style stories are just that, stories, without a factual basis.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The Truth

Replacement fertility is the total fertility rate at which newborn girls would have an average of exactly one daughter over their lifetimes. In more familiar terms, women have just enough babies to replace themselves. The replacement fertility rate is roughly 2.1 births per woman for most industrialized countries (2.075 in the UK for example), but ranges from 2.5 to 3.3 in developing countries because of higher mortality rates.[4] Taken globally, the total fertility rate at replacement is 2.33 children per woman. - en.wikipedia.org...

Explained further...

For the world as a whole, the number of children born per woman decreased from 5.02 to 2.65 between 1950 and 2005. A breakdown by continent is as follows:

Europe 2.66 to 1.41
North America 3.47 to 1.99
Oceania 3.87 to 2.30
Central America 6.38 to 2.66
South America 5.75 to 2.49
Asia (excluding Middle East) 5.85 to 2.43
Middle East & North Africa 6.99 to 3.37
Sub-Saharan Africa 6.7 to 5.53

List of countries and territories by fertility rate

The fact is; fertility rates have decreased dramatically in almost all countries around the globe. Why this might be I shall leave to your imaginations. Flouride in the water? Drugs and vaccines? High abortion rates (For instance Russia who had an abortion rate near 70 percent. In just over a decade, the country shrunk by 12 million, prompting the United Nations to predict that by 2050, Russia’s population would further dwindle to one-fifth of what it is now.) Even economic reasons (eg. “We cant afford children right now”).

All of the following graphs and statistics come from the UN's Department of Economic and Social Affairs Population Division's 2004 report 'World Population to 2300' - Pdf Document

As you can see their highest estimate for population growth by 2050 is approximately 10 billion, with the lowest projection being 7.4 billion. Personally I believe their medium projection of approximately 9 billion is the most accurate.

However, as the following graph shows population growth is in decline...

So how can these two graphs both be correct? How can population still be increasing?

Imagine a car in neutral rolling down a hill. Once it reaches the bottom it will still travel a certain distance because of momentum. This is how population works, in essence, we will not feel the effect of this fertility decline for decades when, seemingly out of nowhere, populations will fall.

And the UN expects fertility rates to continually fall for the next 40 years...

Taking all of the above into consideration; which of the following projections for world population in 2300 do you think is most likely?

Overpopulation? What overpopulation?

Also, consider the following...

There is wide variability both in the definition and in the proposed size of the Earth's carrying capacity, with estimates ranging from less than 1 to 1000 billion (1 trillion). Around two-thirds of the estimates fall in the range of 4 billion to 16 billion (with unspecified standard errors), with a median of about 10 billion. - en.wikipedia.org...

So even if the UN's medium projection of 9 billion is correct it would still be below the median proposed capacity of 10 billion.

Source: The Overpopulation Myth, The Underpopulation Crisis

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If 9 billion is correct that's another 2 billion mouths we can't feed or employ.

How can you claim with a straight face that a 25% increase is depopulation?????

There is no evidence that our government has any intention of doing anything but continuing to support massive growth.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

On what basis do you claim that we cant feed another 2bn people?

We could do so right now if we reduced waste and optimised cultivation/food production (ie grow appropriate crops for the right areas, properly farm and manage fish stocks, utilise the right animal stock by region). As it stands there is considerable waste in all stage of cultivation, production and consumption and quite frankly a lot of people are eating far more than they need to.

Thats all without any kind of technological advancement. Sorry but the idea that we cant feed ourselves is nonsense.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The best argument against depopulation is to look at increasing population almost worldwide, with the exception of some developed countries. I dont think there is any conspiracy in this area, all can be explained with a bit of sociology and population dynamics knowledge.

You guys don't get it. No one in our government is going attack us with bombs- overpopulation is the weapon. It is going to reduce us to dirt-poor powerless slaves, trapped by endless seas of concrete and building- no walls necessary. They won't need walls because there will be no where to go and nothing to eat to fuel us to get there. They are going to make America just like the middle east- poor masses in two factions spending all their resources yelling and attacking other while the all powerful overlords sip tea in their villas.

I agree 100 %. If there is any conspiracy, it is this. TPTB are NOT afraid of the numbers at all. Numbers play for them. TPTB are afraid of educated and wealthy population that is able to support its children well.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
china and india are examples depop are very real

the western way may be somewhat more hidden to sheeple,

but likely far more sinister.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I suggest you need to think a bit more deeply than this. There is nothing more threatening to TPTB than a large mob of hungry, poor people with nothing to lose. This is demonstrated over and over again throughout history.

Thats the whole idea behind welfare states; make sure that the people are at least fed and dont hit rock bottom so that the rulers can do as they please.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

china and india are examples depop are very real

I may agree with China (but more like population stabilisation instead of depopulation), but India? I am not aware of any large-scale population control measures in India, and their population is rising quite fast.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

I suggest you need to think a bit more deeply than this. There is nothing more threatening to TPTB than a large mob of hungry, poor people with nothing to lose. This is demonstrated over and over again throughout history.

There is nothing easier than to pay a little money to some of these hungry and poor people to turn against their own, or to fabricate a succesfull revolution but continue to hold real power. Real TPTB are not public governments.

Thats the whole idea behind welfare states; make sure that the people are at least fed and dont hit rock bottom so that the rulers can do as they please.

Incorrect, there is no welfare state needed without both middle class and intelligentsia demanding it. Look around the world, how many countries have welfare state? It is an exception to the rule, present in highly developed countries with relatively wealthy and educated populations. You dont need no stinking welfare state if you have money and guns to easily keep impoverished sheeple in check.

new topics

top topics

join