It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Woman Gets 10 Lashes For Driving

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Saudi's sell discounted oil to NATO country's, so were turn a blind eye to these discrepancies, of equal human rights.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
So,whats the deal? its saudi culture... who are we to comment...when in rome be like a roman...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Qur'an (4:24) and Qur'an (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

quoted from www.thereligionofpeace.com...

I did not know that. WOW.
That is extremely disturbing. I just can't rationalize thinking this way in modern times, or at any time in recent history. To think this is the way it was meant to be, and to think this is the word of god is completely irrational. Just a way to control women.......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

And there need to be more like her. Can't whip every woman in the kingdom, after all. Dogs and hoses and nooses didn't stop blacks in this country, and they surely were a smaller proportion of the population than women in Saudi Arabia are.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by Awen24

Qur'an (4:24) and Qur'an (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

quoted from www.thereligionofpeace.com...

I did not know that. WOW.
That is extremely disturbing. I just can't rationalize thinking this way in modern times, or at any time in recent history. To think this is the way it was meant to be, and to think this is the word of god is completely irrational. Just a way to control women.......

Actually Islam urged the Arabs to free their slaves and treat them well, remember Islam came at a time of war where Slaves were popular in the Arab world.

If you did your research you would see that many countries in the past had slaves including Asian countries, such as Korea etc
At the time Islam came to the Arab world, there were already slaves in many households.

These verses are for those wanting follow Islam at that time of war.
In those wars many women lost their husbands, and became slaves or got taken care of by the opposing soldiers.
They are basically saying if you do already own a slave, then it is fine if you want to marry one.

These verses are definitely not telling you to get a slave. There's a difference.

Some of these verses people take out of context and don't consider taking history into the equation. These verses are not telling you to own a sex slave.
edit on 28-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel tweeted the news Wednesday, saying, “Thank God, the lashing of Shaima is cancelled. Thanks to our beloved King. I’m sure all Saudi women will be so happy, I know I am.” When another Twitter user asked if it was officially news, Al-Taweel tweeted again, saying: “Yes, it is official, Prince Alwaleed just confirmed it to me.”

Source

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Are these Saudi women trying to penetrate the sanctum of traditional men things perhaps Lesbians?
In all seriousness there are Lesbians the world over, so perhaps the rear guard action by these agressively freedom loving Sudi women stems from Lesbian orientation?
It shouldn't diminish their fight for the right to drive campaign ..but could give a deeper understanding about the motive?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Um I'm fairly certain it (the motive) has nothing to do with lesbianism and everything to do with women's rights ( which should just be HUMAN RIGHTS).

edit on 29-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If we stopped actively supporting the royals and their iron fist of a regime who are well known to privately partake in many immoral things that the average person is not allowed to indulge in then the people would have a better chance of changing things, that is not to say they will of course but we should give them a chance to at least by not supporting dictators. As for getting lashed, it is the law and she broke it...should have been more careful in not getting caught! this law is imo just as silly as not allowing someone here in the west to smoke or sell a dried plant and being punished by the law for doing so, and compared to some sentences people get here in the west for such a crime i would personally rather take the lashes and be done with it rather than a big fine or jail time. Again it is silly, but we should do our best to promote human rights by setting an example, not by financially supporting those who abuse human rights or carpet bombing them simply because we think it is backwards that a woman can't drive without being punished for it.

And lets remember that womens rights are ultimately about giving them choices, a woman for example who believes she must walk behind her husband at all times to show respect and obedience is just as free as one who does not believe this as long as the choice she made was her own and without fear of reprisal, people seem to forget this.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm glad to see Saudi women starting to stand up for themselves and stop taking crap from controlling men. They started to demand the vote and to run in parliament, they got it (from 2015). Now they demand to drive, and they will get it.

Next they'll be able to cast of the veils and be proud of the women they are.

These brave women are the Wahabbi suffragettes.

And now he King has stopped the lashing. Another victory for common sense!

Suadi King saves women driver from lashes

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Nope reverse your thoughts, its widely known who got lied to in the garden of eden,…. it was a women, and just like a girly she come to that dude adam and said, “hun” this so good, taste it, adam was prob like ..”hey that looks like a fruit from that certain tree” she responds “ just taste it” all the while she has already acting different, prob pushing up on him..heck this might have been a week later, a month later before she did this…. who knows.

Maybe this is why them religious boys over there hold such beliefs..... a women considered less than a man. (excluding the idea of woman made from man)

I get tossed into jail for driving without the permission FROM MAN!
edit on 29-9-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join