It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hook, line and sinker: without knowing any of the details you replied just as I suspected you would. But then I suspect you would say it was all part of god's plan anyway and to be humble and turn myself to he she it
I'm not going to pray, nor ask god (he she it) for anything. I'm perfectly happy, not feeling any guilt and don't need the baggage of guilt that Roman Catholicism seems to bring with it. I don't care for it, nor that corrupt smell it carries with it, bred over centuries of abuse. If that's god's chosen church then I am better off away from that cancer.

If it suits you, fine, but it doesn't suit me.

By the way, she's not my wife, she's my Civil Union Partner. We didn't want a bean of religiosity at our celebration. The celebrant was a lesbian! The horror!
edit on 24-10-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Sure. Here is the easiest one out there - (notice how posters keep respoding to your questions yet you never answer theirs) How can a married man with kids approve of the "act" of homosexuality? I'll tell you colbe - again - and I 100% understand it it impossible for you to understand...it IS natural...SOME of the population is GAY. They ALWAYS have been and the ALWAYS will be - for eternity. There is no "conversion". They are gay. AND, they are HUMANS - often times being a much more productive member of society than many fag-haters. They work, pay taxes, shop, have children, love them, raise families, and I have NEVER ONCE had a "gay" person push their agenda on me. Perhaps it is because I worked for twelve years in an industry that had some gay people in it - I worked with many and as a result am friends with a few. Guess what colbe - they are you and me - they don't tell people they will die for their choices, they live with constant hatred from the likes of you (what again did they do to you?) and they are just trying to deal and live in a world that is INTOLERANT and HATEFUL because, you know, God loves them so much (according to you). Guess what colbe - God is more angry right now with you than any gay dude. Again, you hate gay people. That is your choice, You can make up whatever reason for your hate, but again according TO YOUR OWN LOGIC, because you speak ill of them you must be a gay repressed man who hates himself more than anything else in the world.

CJ

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

you know... no you don't know.

You do not know what emotions God is feeling and are neither in a position to judge God by His promise because apparently you exempted yourself from His future vision. Do you really think that this is all there is to creation? Do you think that perhaps a maturity on the part of the created was needed before the real purpose of creation can be revealed? (10% of our brains in use remember?)

Of course you don't, you don't believe in the concept of God so how could anyone expect you to understand the promise at the end of the directions given that you refused to follow? Faith of a mustard seed was beyond you.

Bible thumping or proselytizing isn't the purpose of Spirituality either. The fact that greed and corruption had entered into Faith isn't surprising either when you consider that everything in your eyes has value and sadly God isn't real high on your list of priorities just like God is an after-thought to all the gays. They hate God because morals and decency are not what the lifestyle is about is it. I mean hey, if you could stick you manhood in excrement you'd stick it anywhere right?

Do you perhaps think that maybe God is dignified and expects the same dignity from His children? Respect for oneself is needed before you can respect any/all others and God is the most deserving of respect.

I just don't see a whole lot of that respect here... what I do see is ridicule and jokes on something as personal and meaningful to an individual as the very Faith they live by and yet all you losers can do is point and snicker? Wait, I guess calling you losers is a little harsh considering you won that position by choice... While you might think you win this battle against those who have a blind Faith in God the only thing you can boast is self deception.

Let me put it this way, loving all and believing costs nothing (but is more than rewarding and I don't mean in the after-life) and is living life on a harmonious vibrational frequency... why then do all the atheists piss me off when all I would try to do is get all to realize that serenity?

The answer is simple enough, misery loves company and fortunately for you this is my first (and probably last) day here since I didn't come here for debate on what makes "you" tick and bearing witness to your evil only brings me down.

Self destruct if that is your leaning... just don't expect God to pat you on the back and reward you for it.

your religion is BS. All religions are BS. They are methods of mass mind control. Do not try to force feed me your freaking fairy tales because you will be met with an extreme hostility. You can rest assured of one thing, your religious "laws" do not phase me, nor do they "keep me in check". As I am a human being, I will continue to embrace my flaws and tell people like you how freaking stupid they sound worshiping an imaginary character.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Vortiki,

Go back one page or two and read the message from Jesus about love. You know human respect is fleeting, we see it to be true with our dearest family and
closest friends sometimes.

Jesus' love isn't. If you start to pray, speak to Him, you will come to belief.

love,

colbe

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Believe prophecy or not, our free will.

Pray every day, repent with true contrition your sins and confess them to God. Catholics go to Confession. Two things everyone can do to save their soul.

Posted at Yahoo Groups - Seers 2, today.

New Word to Prayer Warrior October 21, 2011

10/21/11..... mid morning. - "San Francisco"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by colbe

Sure. Here is the easiest one out there - (notice how posters keep respoding to your questions yet you never answer theirs) How can a married man with kids approve of the "act" of homosexuality? I'll tell you colbe - again - and I 100% understand it it impossible for you to understand..it IS natural...SOME of the population is GAY. They ALWAYS have been and the ALWAYS will be - for eternity. There is no "conversion". They are gay. AND, they are HUMANS - often times being a much more productive member of society than many fag-haters. They work, pay taxes, shop, have children, love them, raise families, and I have NEVER ONCE had a "gay" person push their agenda on me. Perhaps it is because I worked for twelve years in an industry that had some gay people in it - I worked with many and as a result am friends with a few. Guess what colbe - they are you and me - they don't tell people they will die for their choices, they live with constant hatred from the likes of you (what again did they do to you?) and they are just trying to deal and live in a world that is INTOLERANT and HATEFUL because, you know, God loves them so much (according to you). Guess what colbe - God is more angry right now with you than any gay dude. Again, you hate gay people. That is your choice, You can make up whatever reason for your hate, but again according TO YOUR OWN LOGIC, because you speak ill of them you must be a gay repressed man who hates himself more than anything else in the world.

CJ

No it is not "natural." It's obvious, the "act" of sodomy goes against nature.

Your personal attack cause you have no proof. Try to defend sodomy as coming from God. You can't so you resort to being unkind. I heard the same from you on page one.

God made sex for men and women, married men and women open to new life. God decides life, the sexual act is His creation. Sex is not for selfish gratification.
Look at the fruit of believing it is. Contraception has led to the legalization of
abortion. Killing the most innocent, where they should be safe, in their mother's
womb.

Back to sodomy being a grave sin, totally against the natural law, another rejection of God's Truth, His plan.

God makes no one homosexual, it is a disorder.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Can you , then, explain to me why there are animals (other than Homo sapiens sapiens) that engage in homosexuality?

It may not be natural for you, but it is for those who are homosexual. Why did god (he she it) create homosexuals? Oh, it's a disorder....why does god allow this disorder?

Was it so you could have a chance to indulge in some hate speech and judge people, without any authority at all?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Can you , then, explain to me why there are animals (other than Homo sapiens sapiens) that engage in homosexuality?

It may not be natural for you, but it is for those who are homosexual. Why did god (he she it) create homosexuals? Oh, it's a disorder....why does god allow this disorder?

Was it so you could have a chance to indulge in some hate speech and judge people, without any authority at all?

Not to play the proverbial devils advocate (ahh irony) but Catholicism teaches that sex is for re-production only and not for pleasure or fun. Hence why the have an embargo on the five knuckle shuffle also.

So in saying that, I'm not saying that homo-sexuality is wrong, a condition, disorder etc and so forth, everyone in the human race is born differently, and to be honest we should treasure our individuality, its what makes being human so much more interesting and fun

As per usual (i should add this as my sig) I'm not religious, i do not follow an specific ones, i just like to read.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Starred you for the advocation

Yes, I know that that's what Catholics preach, but in practice they're entirely different...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Starred you for the advocation

Yes, I know that that's what Catholics preach, but in practice they're entirely different...

Thank you for the star!
For the record i advocate humanists....... This is the only 'ist' or 'ism' culture that should exist if you ask me. We are all born of the same flesh and blood, and in most cases of the same genetic code (ie - we are all human.), so why have racists, extremism, sexists etc? Did we or did we all not get born after a pregnancy?

To me that makes us all equals in our human race, no matter the gender, race, creed or sexual orientation

/soapbox.

In most cases I won't argue with you, but that is of the most part. The thing you need to deal with is Zealots and Devouts (all religions have both, along with Extremism, which i will avoid, as its a touchy subject, and people associate extremism with the poor Muslims).

The Zealots - These people are usually over enthusastic about their faiths, and share it with the world (via blogs, speechs etc) to swing people into their belief system using their enthusiasm. Now in saying that these people take things literal. So if a priest says (this example) sodomy is a sin, then apart of their enthusiasm they pass this on etc, its a common personality trait for zealots to be naive in some cases, again as i have posted in the past, being naive is not a bad thing in some cases.

Devout - These people take the bible as law, different sub-cultures view this fact differently. In this case a devout cathloic sees all of the bible as law, so it outlaws things like suicide as a mortal sin, which can only be absolved by a pure act of 'godliness' or purity (see Constantine (the movie) for a good example of this. A common personality trait for these types of people are very resistant to change, as the old was are 'always right'.

Both individual sub-cultures in religion (or castes if you will), will have the same response(s) to the issues outlined above (homo-sexuality), where as a "progressive" (i use this term loosely) member, will accept 99% of people for who/what/sexual orientation are, and will not come out and say "its wrong, its barbaric" etc, where as the other two sub-cultures will (or castes).

Both of them mean no offence (to say), it is just their view on the specific piece of information.

I suspect our friend Colbe is of the Zealot (no offence intended, nor meant, please look at the definitions before claiming its insulting), his/her posts always come accross as enthusiastic of his/her faith, and in his/her own words "faith should be celebrated" (this is my major reasoning for the 'zealot' tag).
edit on 24-10-2011 by Spruk because: Added advocation comment

edit on 24-10-2011 by Spruk because: urgh typo

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

It may not be natural for you, but it is for those who are homosexual. Why did god (he she it) create homosexuals? Oh, it's a disorder....why does god allow this disorder?...

I left off your negative, the slams are getting old.

aorAki,

We've already talked about this. Think more of yourself than to include yourself
with God's animals. You are not an animal. You have a mind and a soul.

Man is above the animals, God put part of Himself in us, it is our soul.

You can keep denying it. Sodomy is an abomination to God. He makes no one homosexual. What happens when a man and woman unite in the marital act,
the miracle of life, a person with a body and a soul. Sodomy is just disgusting.

You ask why God allows disorder? I am not sure, I'll say being a controlled robot wouldn't make anyone happy. God gave us free will. And because of Adam's sin
(it didn't start out that way), humanity has a fallen nature, a propensity to sin. We are capable of good. Nonsense to Luther's man is "completely depraved' heresy. And the unseen, the devil's attack, he hates humanity.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

Not to play the proverbial devils advocate (ahh irony) but Catholicism teaches that sex is for re-production only and not for pleasure or fun. Hence why the have an embargo on the five knuckle shuffle also.

So in saying that, I'm not saying that homo-sexuality is wrong, a condition, disorder etc and so forth, everyone in the human race is born differently, and to be honest we should treasure our individuality, its what makes being human so much more interesting and fun

As per usual (i should add this as my sig) I'm not religious, i do not follow an specific ones, i just like to read.

Spruk,

To set you straight, think about it, why are their many large Catholic families today
and was the norm fifty years ago before evil contraception? There is some fun involved.

from the Catechism ~
2362 "The acts in marriage by which the intimate and chaste union of the spouses takes place are noble and honorable; the truly human performance of these acts fosters the self-giving they signify and enriches the spouses in joy and gratitude."145 Sexuality is a source of joy and pleasure:

The Creator himself . . . established that in the [generative] function, spouses should experience pleasure and enjoyment of body and spirit. Therefore, the spouses do nothing evil in seeking this pleasure and enjoyment. They accept what the Creator has intended for them...

And you make a joke of God's gift, the marital act. Some day, at the Great Warning, actually, you'll understand...mature, I hope and pray. Masturbation is against God, it is totally selfish. Go read the Old Testament, what happened to Onan?

take care,

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

To set you straight, think about it, why are their many large Catholic families today

Because the church has completely absurd antiquated and totally wrong attitudes about contraception.

CJ

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I give you what you ask for and still you reject God's love, that your creator is perfect love.

He loves people so much, he makes them eat human dung sandwiches?

Ezekiel 4:12
"And you shall eat it as barley cakes, and you shall bake it with dung that comes out of man, in their sight."

Yeah, he loves people all right.
edit on 25-10-2011 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
(I have modified the quote because i was running out of space, sorry guys)

Spruk,

and was the norm fifty years ago before evil contraception? There is some fun involved.

from the Catechism ~
2362 "The acts in marriage by which the intimate and chaste union of the spouses takes place are noble and honorable; the truly human performance of these acts fosters the self-giving they signify and enriches the spouses in joy and gratitude."145 Sexuality is a source of joy and pleasure:

The Creator himself . . . established that in the [generative] function, spouses should experience pleasure and enjoyment of body and spirit. Therefore, the spouses do nothing evil in seeking this pleasure and enjoyment. They accept what the Creator has intended for them...

take care,

Colbe,

Actually the five-knucke-shuffle joke was intended as a light-hearted explination, and is in no way an insult to you or the chathloic religion in any way shape or form. Most people would have looked at it and giggled. I make light of many situations which are normally 'cut and dry', this is apart of my personality (and many others) who attempt to educate others. I personally find humor works well with most people. But we have agreed that masterbation is against the will of god according to the bible, which is what i was getting at.

Ladies and Gentlepeople i present you the old tesatment: (i do have a distaste for quoting bible passages)

Genesis 16:1-2
Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian maidservant named Hagar; so she said to Abram, "The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her." Abram agreed to what Sarai said.

Now from that union i do believe a gentleman by the name of Ishmael was born (and subsiquently blessed by god), however once Sarah got pregnant Isaac was born, god "ignored" Ishmael (who incidentlly became the proverbial father of the Arabs) - This is based on Genesis 22:1,2 (again of the Old Testament). So from this "event" to say it was rendered (as i understand it) that sex should only be for procreation (from god).

NOW its completely possible i have my wires crossed (it happens from time to time) so i emplore you to correct me citing of course old testament facts.

Before anyone asks, the reason i use the older texts is not because i can "bend them to my will", the older texts to me are a more "accurate" account, everyone sees from history books there are revisions which may or may not be 100% correct, so i figure the older the text the more viable as a source it is. This is my view, and my view alone (not influenced by anyone).

And you make a joke of God's gift, the marital act. Some day, at the Great Warning, actually, you'll understand...mature, I hope and pray. Masturbation is against God, it is totally selfish. Go read the Old Testament, what happened to Onan?

I make no light of any marital act, as there are concequences (for most) to any action (pregnancy, the urge to raid the fridge at odd hours of the night, children). As for being marital, i'd like to cite a random Anthropological fact, the act of giving rings apparently stems from a cave man ritual of knocking a female unconcious, and dragging her into the cave, and tying her up. After a while the cavewoman 'submits', and to remind her of her binding to the caveman, he would attach a lenght of the rope onto her finger as a 'reminder'. Interesting no?

Onan, that was the gentleman who err, did the deed, but pulled out so to not get his brothers wife pregnant, and i THINK he was put to death if i recall correctly. If this is correct there is two topics i would like to discuss with you Colbe (in a meaningful manner, as i would like your views on the topics in question), citing this passage or suggesting there is a relationship between the five-knuckle-shuffle and Onan personally would be centered around not wanting to breed with his brothers wife (a noble cause, i wouldn't want to breed with my proverbial brothers wife, i feel that would be infidelity and to me is absolutely wrong, so yes i'd sacrifice myself for that moral cause, also because i am married, and my wife would kill me (also note i dont have a brother)).

Topics of discussion:
1. Infidelity, right or wrong? (Morally, to you and/or via the bible?)
2. IVF treatment, right or wrong?

Looking forward to your response Colbe my friend!

Also Colbe, please note there is a post up there with alledged name calling, I'd like to add (publically) that was not intended, if you see this as personal attack, please do not, its not my intention. Also from the tone of your reply, do NOT think i am persicuting your on your belief system or way of life, again not my intention. I DO however quite enjoy our discussion(s), i find them both interesting and intellectually stimulating (honestly).
edit on 25-10-2011 by Spruk because: Added personal message to Colbe, felt it was neeeded.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
Another "prophet" with "bible this, bible that" - as long as they rely on an unreliable book to "prophesy" they will fail.

I have said this countless times now - but it seems I am getting ignored all the time. It is as if most of readers here conveniently choose to skip my posts.

FAIL.

Please stop posting nonsense from some "prophets" who "talk to Jesus", the "holy spirit", the "mother of God", "decipher the bible", and so on. It is bound to fail.

And say: "Truth has come, and falsehood has perished. Indeed is falsehood ever bound to perish." - Qur'an, 17:81

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

May i ask as to why you are bringing in the Muslim faith into a Catholic faith related discussion?

I don't mind the discussion at all having discussions on any faith (some to which i know little about is more "up my alley", to which the Muslim community and their faith is most certainly "up my alley", since and sadly most of the muslim's i have attempted to engage have either insulted me outright (various insults ranging from light insults to Infidel and i will burn). The latter question was (believe it or not), asking about the headscalfs (as in how they came into existance was the basis of my question, as per usual it was carefully worded to best not insult.). I have since asked the same question (verbatim) to someone else and they have since cleared it up for me.

How i personally dont mind your (or anyone else's) participation, if anything i quite enjoy others perspectives on things, i just dont want this (or any other thread) to spiral into an x vs y religious debate, as it would make no sense to the topic involved, nor would it wind up being constructive.

But please, as i have asked Colbe on a few occasions if you wish to quote bible (well Qur'an in this instance) can you please add context, just so everyone else can understand the passage (not everyone has or is willing to read each religious text)?

Thank-you in advance, and i look forward to a constructive and interesting discussion!
edit on 25-10-2011 by Spruk because: Edit - Added extra details, as i dont want to de-rail or start a silly x vs y religious debate, it will surve no purpose.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

May i ask as to why you are bringing in the Muslim faith into a Catholic faith related discussion?

I don't mind the discussion at all having discussions on any faith (some to which i know little about is more "up my alley", to which the Muslim community and their faith is most certainly "up my alley", since and sadly most of the muslim's i have attempted to engage have either insulted me outright (various insults ranging from light insults to Infidel and i will burn). The latter question was (believe it or not), asking about the headscalfs (as in how they came into existance was the basis of my question, as per usual it was carefully worded to best not insult.). I have since asked the same question (verbatim) to someone else and they have since cleared it up for me.

How i personally dont mind your (or anyone else's) participation, if anything i quite enjoy others perspectives on things, i just dont want this (or any other thread) to spiral into an x vs y religious debate, as it would make no sense to the topic involved, nor would it wind up being constructive.

But please, as i have asked Colbe on a few occasions if you wish to quote bible (well Qur'an in this instance) can you please add context, just so everyone else can understand the passage (not everyone has or is willing to read each religious text)?

Thank-you in advance, and i look forward to a constructive and interesting discussion!
edit on 25-10-2011 by Spruk because: Edit - Added extra details, as i dont want to de-rail or start a silly x vs y religious debate, it will surve no purpose.

Dear spruk - if a muslim "insulted" you after you asked him something - then he was not a really good muslim.
Because we are commanded to debate (those who sincerely inquire) in THE BEST OF MANNERS and avoid vain talk.

So, head scarf: Since the beginning of time women wore them - Maria, the Mother of Jesus wore the headscarf.

Second: Why I posted what I posted: Because as I already wrote there - I have said this COUNTLESS times - if you try to "predict" or "prophesy" something while relying on an unreliable book - then your prediction will most certainly fail.
Now, why do I consider the book unreliable? That is a topic where pages and pages could be written. Some of it from me is scattered here and there though.
edit on 25/10/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Dear spruk - if a muslim "insulted" you after you asked him something - then he was not a really good muslim.
Because we are commanded to debate (those who sincerely inquire) in THE BEST OF MANNERS and avoid vain talk.

So, head scarf: Since the beginning of time women wore them - Maria, the Mother of Jesus wore the headscarf.

Second: Why I posted what I posted: Because as I already wrote there - I have said this COUNTLESS times - if you try to "predict" or "prophesy" something while relying on an unreliable book - then your prediction will most certainly fail.

Now, why do I consider the book unreliable? That is a topic where pages and pages could be written. Some of it from me is scattered here and there though.
edit on 25/10/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

Actually, initially i didnt quite understand the context of the insult at the time, but it did trigger me to have someone basically 'read me' the Qur'an, was the same gentleman explained to me the head scarf, was a VERY polite fellow i might add, and took all of my seemingly stupid questions in great strides and explained it all. Was quite enlightening (on the muslim faith) to be very honest.

Just to get you (and others) upto speed:

The post was originally started by a Catholic seer, who for all intents and purposes has the blessing of her local cardinal to post these messages on the internet. Which is what this thread is in turned based off (much thanks to Colbe and in his zeal for starting it), when i entered in the debate i perhaps came off wrong, i have since (as far as i am aware) corrected that perception (Colbe would be best to judge that), and it has turned into a very interesting topic of conversation, to which i wish to keep on track, because its i feel its interesting.

The Book: Assuming you are talking about the New Testament, from what i understand the Qur'an is hand written copies of the original text (by original i mean ORIGINAL), with no change since the day it was conceived, yet its your debate that since the bible (Christianity) has been re-written over the course of time? Is that right, or have i not understood correctly?

In other err 'news' (?)
But as you can tell from the 'other thread' sadly some things do wind up being x vs y, quoting things out of context withing religious scripture, which i'd like to avoid, because it winds up being the proverbial slinging match. This can usually be put down to the actions of the small few which then influence the way the 'whole' views that specific religion or sub-culture, you will find from my other posts i tend not to demonize an entire sub-culture because of the actions of the minority, i will also endevour to NOT post links on certain self appointed Australian Imams and their antics (nor will i judge all muslims in the same light).

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

dEAR colbe

I have come to agree with you god hates, No no Loathes Gay peoples

So watch out all you HAPPY aka(gay) peoples of the world esp Bay Area and NY
the wrath of god and colbe is coming for your happiness be prepared to suffer and die my happy friends

Because the good die young, but a$$holes live forever.

Om Amen

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join