It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by colbe
This is why God gave the Church the authority, the gift to interpret Holy Scripture.

SO, in essence you are saying that the Church only follows the parts that it likes? After all, that was the word of God. So if the Church is not following his word, then they are not really speaking for God then, correct?

No! This is getting old. It's a plain to see gavron. Read history, believe. The
Church gave the world the Bible. It figures then, God gave the Church the
authority to interpret Scripture.

Private interpretation of Scripture is heresy.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
But is a direct quote, right from the bible:

" The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)""

How can it be heresy when it is His words that we are reading? His exact words that he said to Moses, since it is a quote.

Plus, is you said "God gave the Church the authority to interpret Scripture", and "The Church gave the world the Bible", then they obviously interpreted that God wanted to put anyone who works on Sunday to death. Otherwise it would not be in the Bible at all, correct? .
edit on 15-10-2011 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Reading the messages from Heaven, as long as I have, they've said New York
and San Francisco would be hit.

People don't believe in God, His Church or believe in mortal sin. You are responsible for your own soul, pray about it, ask God if His warnings and messages about the faith are true and if He wants you to become Roman Catholic.

Please, anyone who reads this thread, don't be so pridefully stuck as to say "NO" to God once you experience the Great Warning. The Great Warning is a gift, a divine hope all the world will turn to God.

Don't forget, in our country, the place where the greatest number of abortions
are performed is New York City.

message to John Leary

Friday, August 26, 2011

Jesus said: “My people, this vision shows you a contrast between the Light and the darkness. In the spiritual realm this can be a contrast between good and evil. When I bring My Presence among you, I am the Light that disperses the darkness which represents evil. In certain areas of your country there are patches of evil as in New York City where they accept homosexual laws, and there is the greed of money on Wall Street. In San Francisco I have talked of the effects of homosexual behavior on your society. Various punishments will befall these centers of evil. Earthquakes will bring San Francisco down, and now this latest hurricane is headed for New York City. Just as the devil leads the one world people to do their evil deeds, so I am leading My faithful to pray for these evil people, and be a force for good in evangelizing souls. You will see this battle between good and evil come to a head during the tribulation. You will rejoice when I will intervene and declare My victory over evil.”

www.johnleary.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Didn't you yourself say "Private interpretation of Scripture is heresy." ? Right at the top of this page.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But is a direct quote, right from the bible:

" The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)""

How can it be heresy when it is His words that we are reading? His exact words that he said to Moses, since it is a quote.

Plus, is you said "God gave the Church the authority to interpret Scripture", and "The Church gave the world the Bible", then they obviously interpreted that God wanted to put anyone who works on Sunday to death. Otherwise it would not be in the Bible at all, correct? .

I shared already, you have misinterpreted Scripture. You have no authority.
Neither do I. I look to the Church. You are posting an Old Testament verse, we
are in the New Covenant. The Lord's Day, the "first day of the week" replaces the Old Covenant Sabbath.

Catholics are required to attend Holy Mass on Sunday, the Lord's Day, keeping
the Third Commandment. It is a grave sin to miss Mass...mortal to your soul...and must be confessed.

Christians are to gather together to worship God on Sunday. Jesus did this, He went to worship in the Temple on the Sabbath. It's Scriptural.

If you die in mortal sin, that is dead as dead can be.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

are in the New Covenant.

What's to misinterpret. His words seem pretty clear. The passage strictly talks about work, it does not talk about worship. So we are to ignore his words in the Old Testament now? After all, it was a direct quote from God to Moses.

So should bookstores across the world now throw out/destroy their Old Testaments, since they apparently are not updated? Bible 2.0?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Didn't you yourself say "Private interpretation of Scripture is heresy." ? Right at the top of this page.

gavron,

Private Interpretation of Scripture is a Protestant heresy. The fruit is 30,000 plus sects. This heresy has brought about people deciding for themselves the most important thing, our Justification.

Private Revelation are the messages from Heaven. The prophetic.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

are in the New Covenant.

This is from the New Living Translation:

Exodus 31
12 The LORD then gave these instructions to Moses:13 "Tell the people of Israel: 'Be careful to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you from generation to generation. It is given so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.14 You must keep the Sabbath day, for it is a holy day for you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community.15 You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day must be a Sabbath day of complete rest, a holy day dedicated to the LORD. Anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.16 The people of Israel must keep the Sabbath day by observing it from generation to generation. This is a covenant obligation for all time.17 It is a permanent sign of my covenant with the people of Israel. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day he stopped working and was refreshed.'"
SOURCE

So, which Bible are you using?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

garvon, you know it's pointless. You QUOTE DIRECTLY FROM THE BIBLE and somehow YOU are personally interpreting what is OBVIOUS. It states, unless you CAN'T READ or are insane, "No work on Sunday or you die"...but that's not really what it says, according to satanists and insane people. According to Jim, NY and SF keep getting mentioned. Again, these are the ramblings of a seriously unstable human.

CJ

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by gavron

garvon, you know it's pointless. You QUOTE DIRECTLY FROM THE BIBLE and somehow YOU are personally interpreting what is OBVIOUS. It states, unless you CAN'T READ or are insane, "No work on Sunday or you die"...but that's not really what it says, according to satanists and insane people. According to Jim, NY and SF keep getting mentioned. Again, these are the ramblings of a seriously unstable human.

CJ
jesus came to me and told me that homosexuality is used to test the compassion and love of others and you are failing.

seriously you think god cares what you put you dick in? grow the hell up. your sexual orientation has no bearing on what type of a person you are.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

colbe

If god thinks it can police the Bay Area.
I like to see Gods Police come thru Hunters point and the The Tenderloin
gods angels will wish to go to hell then Oakland Because they would never make it out of Oaktown

Lucky for you colbe Hells got new management cause Al Davis just came down kicked satan out to remodel it after Oakland Colosseum black hole and all

Reason # 52 why San Francisco wont get hit
Patrick Willis #52
Linebacker San Francisco 49ers
Height: 6-1 Weight: 240
Born: Jan 25, 1985 - Bruceton, TN
College: Mississippi
Draft: 2007 - 1st round (11th pick) by the 49ers
San Francisco 49ers Defense will be hitting hardest remember everyone

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatone

Ahh, what? Reading comprehension...

CJ

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Please, anyone who reads this thread, don't be so pridefully stuck as to say "NO" to God once you experience the Great Warning. The Great Warning is a gift, a divine hope all the world will turn to God.

No chance matey.

Originally posted by colbeDon't forget, in our country, the place where the greatest number of abortions

But infanticide is fine as long as the lord asks you to undertake it?

You will rejoice when I will intervene and declare My victory over evil.”

So god is going to defeat himself?

I feel incredibly sorry for the narrow minded psycopaths who believe they have a hotline to an imaginary friend who they say can do anything, yet does nothing.

I haven't seen as much hatred and evil being spouted as I have from the bible. It truly is a book of hate, hidden under the snakeskin disguise of lip service to love.

If there was a god, it would seem he doesn't know what love is at all, and is instead, a hateful little impotent bigot.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

No chance matey.

Originally posted by colbeDon't forget, in our country, the place where the greatest number of abortions

But infanticide is fine as long as the lord asks you to undertake it?

I feel incredibly sorry for the narrow minded psycopaths who believe they have a hotline to an imaginary friend who they say can do anything, yet does nothing.

I haven't seen as much hatred and evil being spouted as I have from the bible. It truly is a book of hate, hidden under the snakeskin disguise of lip service to love.

If there was a god, it would seem he doesn't know what love is at all, and is instead, a hateful little impotent bigot.

Look at ( 1.1 ) One point one which one is the 1 and which is the tenth of 1
depends who you ask which ever 1 you ask will tell you I am the One their is no other but me. If you ask ( or ) which 1 is One ( sees it ( way, the other ) sees it ) the other way but the point . is and knows which one is the one that all are never apart from
thats the point . of a point

Zero never equals One (0=1) no way no how [All is one;One is all] God=1=you+One=All=God simple

God is a Schizo with multiple multiple personality disorders but got a love all of them anyway no matter if their ignorant, arrogant controlling, depressive, illogical, irrational =< annoying < and just doo doo dumb for whatever reason or lack of. remember " just keep swimming, just keep swimming" Dorie who embodies the character of the weak minded but also the best of mind set making her a positive force albeit forgetful one

---- Individuals diagnosed with DID demonstrate a variety of symptoms with wide fluctuations across time; functioning can vary from severe impairment in daily functioning to normal or high abilities.

Symptoms can include: Creating and leaving part of their being placed in a body all of ones own peace of mind

----Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by a disintegration of thought processes and of emotional responsiveness. It most commonly manifests itself as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction.

So god is going to defeat himself? Answer is indubitably, just so, most assuredly, naturally, of course, okay*, positively, precisely, sure thing, surely, true, undoubtedly, unquestionably, without fail, yea, yep.

"You will rejoice when I will intervene and declare My victory over evil.”

basically this comes off alittle Schizo
i or you (not us) will rejoice when 1, I or you [[will]] intervene and declare My victory(Mission accomplished Iraq) over evil--- which would be anything god tells you which in essence this is you, myself and I are willing you to define evil which is an illogical concept [cop-out] since anything done for a reason (good or bad) is logical making it right in one way and wrong to another who believes its evil stopping there, failing think to figure out why they feel it bad and how to not have it happen to them again

please bear in mind that reality is tailored to your belief system which edits out of your consciousness that which you believe not to exist. It is because of this difference in our reality perception that people disagree on a great many things. Sometimes people even go so far as to kill each other.

“He who grasps the truth of the Mental Nature of the Universe is well advanced on The Path to Mastery.”
So, the Law of Mentalism says that the Universe, and all it contains, is a mental creation of The ALL. “This Principle embodies the truth that “All is Mind.”

THE ALL (which is the Substantial Reality underlying all the outward manifestations and appearances which we know under the terms of “The Material Universe”; the “Phenomena of Life”; “Matter”; “Energy”; and in short, all that is apparent to our material senses) is SPIRIT, which in itself is UNKNOWABLE and UNDEFINABLE, but which may be considered and thought of as A UNIVERSAL, INFINITE, LIVING MIND.” – The Kybalion

How many things do you know 100%?
I know Two truths to be irrefutable to me by anything or anyone
a) God is all and all is one;one is all.
b)I know that My Mother my mom loves me no matter what.

Everthing else is just probability and the percent of how much I believe it to over other ways like im 99.9% sure the worlds round and 99.991% sure my dad love me, but that can change in any moment like Mount St. Helens

When one doesn't know understand and comprehend why one knows not. Then one will know that wise one knows nothing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So.. hows this delusion working out for ya? If you lived in those cities, did you "leave now" over a month ago when this charlatan sent out this bull poop? Must suck to be out a months worth of motel fees sleeping on some crappy motel bed and nothing has happened while the "homosexuals" sleep happily in their comfy new york/san francisco beds apparently immune to "god's" wrath . Sure glad I'm not a gullible fool who "left now", else I'd probably be broke by now. O well I'm sure one of his next dozen THE LORD SAYITH messages will not be an utter lie for attention/money!

When will people stop believing in crap with 0 evidence and all based on what one guy claims, full well knowing there are thousands and thousands of liars, charlatans, mentally ill, frauds, hoaxers and so on also giving messages from "god" which turn out to be bogus and completely contradict each other.

Anyways, sorry to interrupt and inject some sensibility into this ridiculous thread, carry on with your bible quote wars or whatever it is that is keeping this stupid fail prediction, by a known liar John Leary, thread afloat.
edit on 17-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by thegreatone

Ahh, what? Reading comprehension...

CJ
must have quoted the wrong poster. Im just really sick of the gay bashing by these religious folks who think it is THEIR job to judge when it is god's and gods alone. I was like this when i was younger and then i actually met gay people and *gasp had gay friends and you know what? They were just like everyone else! just had different taste in what turns them on. just sick of this crap because its thinking like this that leads to 14 year olds committing suicide. jesus was about love and compassion, something i rarely see from "religious" folks.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
0_o i think someone is a troll. I'm in europe and everywhere has gays so even if this is true... which it isn't then god would've failed in his almighty quest to kill all gays lmao XD

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The continual rejection of Truth.

But God has revealed it, He's given you free will to say yes or no to His plan. God loves the sinner not the sin. One of the two grave sins spoken of by Our Lord in the message in the OP... 'The homosexual "act" is an abomination to God. Sodomy is obviously unatural and still the opposition. Man's free will. Repent, confess this mortal sin to God and follow the goodness, His plan, His ways. You have to die with God's presence in you to go to Heaven. A term for His presence in you is called "sanctifying grace."

I love everyone here and appreciate the continued posts. I share, isn't it true, the fascinating thing about God, He is infinitely simple and infintely complex. Who could know the entire mind of God? He is the creator but what He has revealed to His creation about who He is, is simple and loving.

God created you, you have a soul and will never be happy until you find Him. We are happiest when we follow God's Will. To follow God's Will is to be "love" in the present moment. No matter the circumstance. We all know very well this is not easy. We can only do this with the help of God's grace. Pray, ask God's help, ask for His grace. The fullness to the means to God's grace are in the Sacraments. A subject for another thread.

You are "born again", Original Sin is removed in Baptism, this is when you first receive God's grace in your soul. Do not be disheartened if your parents never had you baptized, there is a baptism of desire. Desire it, God knows your heart.

God has revealed, His presence which is "grace" cannot be where mortal sin is...so...when we sin, God has given us a way to gain His presence "within" us back. Repent with true contrition and confess your serious sin (called mortal), confess your mortal sins to God. Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession.

God desires we choose for Him and one day, have faith, you will be with Him forever in Heaven. It's simple, there's a way.

1, Daily prayer, talk to God every day, ask God for a greater faith, ask Him for His grace. He will give you both.

2. Regular confession, meaning, when we sin seriously (mortal), repent and confess your sin to God.

Examine your life, your conscience, go throught the 10 Commandments. A sin is mortal when there are three conditions.

1. It has to be a serious matter
2. You have to know it is serious
3. You choose to act anyway

www.scborromeo.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Okay, my last post was a bit long but I am trying to convince the naysayers.

Go toward God, He is the loving One. Talk to Him every day (prayer). He knows
your intention. And you will experience love, true love. No matter what happens
in the coming greater Tribulation, don't let go of Him.

You already see people have a fallen nature, their love is only sometime.

It's just as easy to go toward God as to reject Him? Instead, choose Him.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The continual rejection of Truth.
Except it ain't the Truth now, is it...

Originally posted by colbeBut God has revealed it, He's given you free will to say yes or no to His plan. God loves the sinner not the sin. One of the two grave sins spoken of by Our Lord in the message in the OP... 'The homosexual "act" is an abomination to God. Sodomy is obviously unatural and still the opposition.

So, why are there so many species of animal that engage in homosexual acts...surely your god made them too?
I think your god is probably a closet homosexual and is afraid to come out of the closet

Originally posted by colbeGod created you, you have a soul and will never be happy until you find Him

You can believe that if you will, but myself, I find it all a bit too much to swallow. I wasn't created by a non-existent mythical figure. I'm quite happy as well.

Originally posted by colbeGod desires we choose for Him and one day, have faith, you will be with Him forever in Heaven.

Again, you can believe this guff if you will, but I prefer to stay grounded in reality.

Go toward God, He is the loving One.

I see no evidence of this in the real world.

Originally posted by colbeIt's just as easy to go toward God as to reject Him? Instead, choose Him.

I'm not going to choose a mysoginistic, bigotted, psycopathic sociopath.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join