It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Perhaps it would be easier to understand the 10% contention if you look at the brain like a computer and how we are only using a small portion of our full capacity.

Again, we are NOT only using a small portion of our brain!!! Science has demonstrated that the entire 10% thing is complete and utter nonsense...no matter how much you WISH there's some hidden potential. There might be, but we have no objective evidence for it, and as I said, the "we only use a small % of our brain" has been debunked.

It's beyond me why you still continue to post that nonsense even after you were proven wrong

Science can even explain how people BELIEVE there's a presence around them...clue: it's chemistry and physics

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

One day people will understand that God is, and God is involving Himself in the things of the world to judge them for their rebellion and sin. There is a Tsunami coming to the east coast of America soon.

livinginthetimes.blogspot.com...

www.youtube.com...

A blog post and youtube video...it must be true

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

And overpopulation is a myth. There is hardly any next generation. Again, cause people
do not follow God.

Question: Do you ever bother looking up the FACTS before posting your nonsense? If you do, are you ignoring them on purpose?

Even worse, overpopulation is a massive issue: LINK
edit on 29-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Perhaps it would be easier to understand the 10% contention if you look at the brain like a computer and how we are only using a small portion of our full capacity.

Again, we are NOT only using a small portion of our brain!!! Science has demonstrated that the entire 10% thing is complete and utter nonsense...no matter how much you WISH there's some hidden potential. There might be, but we have no objective evidence for it, and as I said, the "we only use a small % of our brain" has been debunked.

It's beyond me why you still continue to post that nonsense even after you were proven wrong

Science can even explain how people BELIEVE there's a presence around them...clue: it's chemistry and physics

clue? lol I can just see you in a past life proclaiming the world is flat

so lemme get this straight... you are a superbrain because you not only know it all you have closed it to input

please, give us a demonstration of your awesome capabilities... surely that creative genius part in you is always ready as is every other thing known to man

I have to point one thing out though, its called the GIGO factor so I promise I won't be terribly disappointed at your failure to impress

oh, and while you are at it, perhaps your science and physics can explain the supernatural?
...keep in mind that science requires verification before it can accept anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

And overpopulation is a myth. There is hardly any next generation. Again, cause people
do not follow God.

Question: Do you ever bother looking up the FACTS before posting your nonsense? If you do, are you ignoring them on purpose?

Even worse, overpopulation is a massive issue: LINK

oh, look, a coloring book and everything. More impressive but still utterly foolish
The issue isn't one of over population but resource handling. The entire population of the world could fit in the state of Texas. Where does that leave your ego?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'm with you in motive but I have to make you look at this one again. Belief (observation) is a prerequisite to existence. We have to observe it for it to be there. Just because we can prove there are catalysts and triggers for spiritual experiences does not prove those spiritual experiences are false.

I can prove that you see light because of cones and rods in your head. Proving this does not mean that light is not real.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Well then, how about you present evidence of the supernatural for starters

Because how on earth would I prove something we have no evidence of?

There's stuff we know, and there's stuff we don't know...there's no "magical" third category that applies whenever you're not able to explain something. You're giving a prime example of god of the gaps

Here's why you are beyond wrong...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

One day people will understand that God is, and God is involving Himself in the things of the world to judge them for their rebellion and sin. There is a Tsunami coming to the east coast of America soon.

www.youtube.com...

a wiki entry to further an agenda of depopulation doesn't make it fact either.

Why do you troll everyone with such a big attitude yet small tolerance level of others?

suffer from LDS or something?

I always like you know it all's, your next reply is predictable... boring, but predictable

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yeah, and clearly we're doing an amazing job at resource handling and are constantly improving...right? That's why the divide between rich and poor isn't increasing at all, right?

Given that we're doing a horrible job at it, overpopulation IS A MASSIVE ISSUE!

PS: Sorry for posting a colored graph, I will post a black and white one next time so your eyes don't get hurt by all those facts

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

www.youtube.com...

Why do you troll everyone with such a big attitude yet small tolerance level of others?

I always like you know it all's, your next reply is predictable... boring, but predictable

I hope you realize that Wiki article is properly sourced with peer reviewed articles...which makes it a lot more legit than that laughable blog post and youtube video of some random guy

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well then, how about you present evidence of the supernatural for starters

Because how on earth would I prove something we have no evidence of?

There's stuff we know, and there's stuff we don't know...there's no "magical" third category that applies whenever you're not able to explain something. You're giving a prime example of god of the gaps

Here's why you are beyond wrong...

spare me your videos, read your reply to the other poster about youtube "lol lol"

as far as supernatural I am not the one requiring proof, you are. You are the one who claims we can explain it all, you are the one who has all the answers so again let me reiterate my stance
absence of proof is not proof of absence and no matter how much you claim to know about the brain the simple fact remains that not a single person has ever filled their brain to capacity so please, sit down and get a grip

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

spare me your videos, read your reply to the other poster about youtube "lol lol"

I hope you see the difference between some random guy posting a youtube video, and a certified astro-physicist presenting findings that are fully backed up by objective evidence. If you don't...well, that explains a lot

You are the one who claims we can explain it all

Let me quote myself:

There's stuff we know, and there's stuff we don't know...

I don't claim to know everything, and at least I'm humble enough to admit that. You claim to know stuff when in reality you're just confusing knowledge with belief.

Also, feel free to ignore the FACTUAL videos I posted, it's pretty clear by now you're going to ignore any facts going against your belief, no matter how rational they are...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1e2710c4d6d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

www.youtube.com...

I hope you realize that Wiki article is properly sourced with peer reviewed articles...which makes it a lot more legit than that laughable blog post and youtube video of some random guy

ok, lemme put it this way, is Mickey mouse on wiki? I hadn't looked

funny thing about peer review, even Albert is being questioned all over again... what, couldn't get it right the first time or do all the know it all's just have an occasional; brain fart?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But this unrelenting hatred of Christianity is just as bad as any bigotry posited by so called Christians. No where near all Christians defend the wrongs perpetrated in Christianity's name, in fact I'd be so bold as to assert that the majority don't. Many, dare I say the majority, of Christians live quiet lives and make no effort to shove their religion down the throats of others.
reply to post by seagull

Now there is some truth!!! Thank God.

It is just as bad and you are correct.....bigotry as well. Labels and separation are not acts of love and I think this thread is totally lacking in LOVE by the OP.

Lets all (((((((HUG))))))

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I am sorry to say but I look nothing like them little monkeys and for anyone to tell me I evolved from them is delusional in my honest opinion. Like.....cookoo for cocoa puffs!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

But this unrelenting hatred of Christianity is just as bad as any bigotry posited by so called Christians. No where near all Christians defend the wrongs perpetrated in Christianity's name, in fact I'd be so bold as to assert that the majority don't. Many, dare I say the majority, of Christians live quiet lives and make no effort to shove their religion down the throats of others.
reply to post by seagull

It is just as bad and you are correct.....bigotry as well. Labels and separation are not acts of love and I think this thread is totally lacking in LOVE by the OP.

Just to make it clear, I don't hate Christians at all...everyone has the right to believe whatever they want. It's just that I really really really hate bigots, and this thread is crawling with them

As for you having a common ancestor with today's monkeys...that's the truth. The fossil record confirms it, DNA confirms it, migratory trends confirm it, and we're actively using findings of the theory in modern medicine to predict future outcomes. If the theory were wrong, we couldn't accurately predict the future. You're right though, you didn't evolve from the monkeys I posted, you just share a common ancestor with them

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Eh? Even I know christ never mentioned one single thing about homosexuality. Paul did... At any rate I dont believe that christ hates any homos. Although some homosexuals do very nasty sexual activities that are beyond the social norm, straight people are prone to this as well.

At any rate if you are a gay christian I am most positive that you are forgiven. It is a tough road.

Yahad

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I hope you see the difference between some random guy posting a youtube video, and a certified astro-physicist presenting findings that are fully backed up by objective evidence. If you don't...well, that explains a lot

You are the one who claims we can explain it all

Let me quote myself:

There's stuff we know, and there's stuff we don't know...

I don't claim to know everything, and at least I'm humble enough to admit that. You claim to know stuff when in reality you're just confusing knowledge with belief.

astrophysicist!!! ohhh... cool, rocket science

now go ask him why we don't have levitation as a means of travel then get back to me and Ill refute his denial, how's that for belief? oh wait, simple Newtonian physics and a fulcrum principle for weight transfer never occurred to the world geniuses? They do know about gyroscopic principles I'm sure so what's the holdup?... or hold down as it were.

dude. here' even show him this simple diagram

" /I\ "

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

astrophysicist!!! ohhh... cool, rocket science

Not really, astrophysicists don't work on rocket science...that would be a rocket scientist or general physicist.

now go ask him why we don't have levitation as a means of travel then get back to me and Ill refute his denial, how's that for belief?

Mhhhhhhh, we do have levitation...and it's already being used for travel.

Magnetic levitation:

And some countries like Japan are already using that technology for magnetic high speed railways

But let's just ignore facts, right? All you had to do was spend 3min on google and do a little research...instead you chose to post more uninformed nonsense

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

reply to post by seagull

Just to make it clear, I don't hate Christians at all...everyone has the right to believe whatever they want. It's just that I really really really hate bigots, and this thread is crawling with them

As for you having a common ancestor with today's monkeys...that's the truth. The fossil record confirms it, DNA confirms it, migratory trends confirm it, and we're actively using findings of the theory in modern medicine to predict future outcomes. If the theory were wrong, we couldn't accurately predict the future. You're right though, you didn't evolve from the monkeys I posted, you just share a common ancestor with them

so tell me, in which zoo are the gorilla evolved into humans kept in? you do see the problem with your evolution theory I hope...

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join