It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I feel ya, it's a shame too. One would figure being the 21st century that people wouldn't fall into cult-like followings (including scientology) so easily. I have no problem with religion though, people can believe what they want it doesn't hurt me. But where religion gets me is when they're intolerant of other people's lifestyles such as homosexuals. Is their being gay reallyyy putting off their Christian groove that much? I don't know, I'm about 1/3 sober so I hope I made enough sense without seeming ignorant/arrogant/etc.ant

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LearnedToPlayNice

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Badgered1
Sorry, could the OP or someone just remind where the word for Homosexual appears in any of the gospels/Biblical texts?
Aramaic? Hebrew? Greek?....no?

Believe prophecy, God loves you more than He does Himself. Speak to God which is prayer and repent of your sins, how hard is that to do?

This message is a prophecy spoken of for a long time.

Who did Americans vote into office for President? A man who voted twice in Illinois to kill
a baby who survives abortion.

The top, the greatest sin, the U.S. will finally have to answer to God the millions of abortions, the killing of the most innocent. N.Y. is where the most abortions are performed in the U.S. What of the judgments so far? It's not roses these days, so prepare spiritually. Listing all the other grave sins, yes, they will have to be accounted for too if you repent of them before you die. God forgives our sins when we repent AND we must still make reparation for them, mortal and venial by our crosses and sufferings here, prayer and our loving acts. Nothing unholy enters Heaven. There is reparation to be made for all our sins. The state of the world is because of the rejection of God. Think of Tribulation as Purgatory here. God's justice is His mercy. He loves us more than any human person can.

The word for the homosexual act is sodomy. Posting Scripture reference one more time. Important Scripture. Unrepentant sodomites are in Hell. Sodomy is a mortal sin.
It is an abomination to God.

2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.

2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”

Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

So, someone who performs sodomy can be forgiven then?

Just trying to see what base your thinking comes from.

Yes.

Those two Scripture references are about sodomites who did not ask God to forgive them before they died.

God is merciful, I don't know what happens at a person's particular judgment. Jesus asks you to pray for those who will die suddenly. Meaning in their last moments, they may accept a grace to repent.

Do you wish to gamble your eternal life? No, get right with God here, confess your mortal sins. Ask God's help to review your life.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitcanapple
The world is becoming a very scarey place, this is true. Personally, I think if each and every single person on this planet spent more time reflecting on who they are and tried to build peace within themselves, rather than pointing the finger at everyone's mistakes or perceived shortcomings, then we would all be better off.

The "God" I believe in doesn't take attendance on Sundays nor does "He" promise me an express lane through the Pearly Gates simply because every third sentence out of my mouth is quoted scripture. I don't look down on anyone who's beliefs are different than mine, I simply may not agree with them. If you believers are "true believers" then surely you must love all, even the homosexuals, and not condemn them as you do, for are they not also God's children and isn't that what He asks of you? If you're rejoicing in a "great flood to sweep the earth", then don't you mourn for those you would perceive to be righteous and innocent? Why would you want to welcome such an event?
I'm sad for you.

Just thought I'd leave this here:

"...it's a crazy world for a mixed up boy and a mixed up girl...whole world is crumbling, the cause, their crazy visions..."

A lyric from the song "Crazy World" by Richard Ashcroft.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
I'm not sure if anybody asked this, but what about the animals that are gay, will they be punished too?

edit on 28-9-2011 by Quetzalcoatl12 because: (no reason given)

Quetz,

"punished"...

God doesn't send anyone to hell, you choose Heaven or hell by your free will.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
I'm not sure if anybody asked this, but what about the animals that are gay, will they be punished too?

God has given to man, over all the other living beings of his globe, a power which he ought to use for the general good, but not to abuse. He may regulate reproduction according to his needs; but he ought not to hinder it unnecessarily. The intelligent action of mankind is a counterpoise established by God for restoring the equilibrium of the forces of nature; and herein, again, man is distinguished from the animals, because he does this understandingly, while the animals, that also concur in maintaining this equilibrium, do so unconsciously, through the instinct of destruction which has been given to them, and which causes them, while providing for their own preservation only, to arrest the excessive development of the animal and vegetable species on which they feed, and which would otherwise become a source of danger.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ok, OP.... if you read Leary's other posts, apparently Jesus also expressed concern that you were unable to get a good rate of return on mutual fund investments and that it was currently difficult to qualify for a mortgage.

Two words for you: Money Changers

These are not the words of Jesus, you are following a false prophet.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

YOUR GOD IS DEAD.

Stop fueling your hate and bigotry with insane ramblings and excerpts from a 2000 year-old book.

There once were hundreds/thousands of creation stories and spiritual beliefs all over the world. The ONLY REASON that Christianity has spread is NOT because it's the truth but because it was 'lucky' enough to hitch a ride on the back of the most VORACIOUS, DESTRUCTIVE, AND CONQUEST-OBSESSED civilization ever to exist. Do you seriously think it's a COINCIDENCE that our modern civilization arose in the fertile crescent 10,000 years ago... and the 3 main world religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) originated in the SAME AREA?? No, it's not coincidence, it's just numbers and endless bloody conquest.

Keep in mind... if he was a real person, Jesus was a revolutionary who, were he alive today, would probably JOIN occupywallstreet or something similar. Jesus's teachings were far from the bigoted crap you're tainting his message of resistance/peace/charity with.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am new to ATS but ATS has been around for awhile. Most everyone has to know of
the "divine gift" coming, Heaven says soon. It's the Great Warning prophesied by many
visionaries and saints. Prepare for the Great Warning by doing the same as been shared about preparing for greater Tribulation. Confession and daily prayer.

Every person on the earth will experience the Great Warning. Like an NDE and it's like the particular judgment at our death but instead of gong to one of three places, we shall see where we would go at the moments of the Great Warning, Heaven, Purgatory or Hell. God's mercy and love, everyone will have the chance to return to God or find Him for the first time if you are non-Christian.

A message from Jesus about the Great Warning ~
_ _ _ _ _

The most important event since My Resurrection

Monday 19th September 2011 20.15 hours

My dearly beloved daughter it is My intention to bring every man, woman and child into My new Paradise on Earth. For if just one soul is left behind it would break My heart. This is why the number of messengers I now send into the world has increased. It is so they can spread My Holy Word to encourage conversion.

I do not send messengers to frighten My children. Instead the role of My messengers is to prepare every person on this earth so that they are ready and worthy to live in this New Paradise.

My children the times you are living in are not pleasant. Law and order has broken down. Greed has meant that your financial stability has been stolen from you. Self-glory and obsession with ambition has meant that your faith has also been taken away from you.

Like a household where there is no parental control

You, My children, are like as in a household where there is no parental control. Like spoilt children you are provided with all the material comforts you crave without having to earn them. You are provided with food which you don’t have to toil for. Everything that dissatisfies you is replaced with yet another novelty, another stimulant. Yet nothing satisfies for long. Then rows take place among the children, each seeking to control the other to get their own way. Physical warfare can then break out. But no one is in charge and so they hurt each other sometimes with grave consequences.

This is how I view the world. My children are unhappy, lacking in spiritual comfort but refuse to be guided by My Church. My Church, today, cannot control such an unruly population who do not find devotion to me to be as stimulating as the creature comforts of the flesh.

War is destroying mankind and spiritual decline has created a vacuum in the world which most of you, by now, feel the effects of in your hearts. Nothing is as it seems. Material glory glitters on the exterior its light appealing to those starving for comfort but there is nothing but darkness behind it.

I am the light that is missing in your lonely confusing and somewhat frightening lives. This is why the time is close for Me to step in and take charge. You, My children, must welcome this and prepare for My Great Mercy.

You must pray for your brothers and sisters and look forward with open arms to welcome My intervention. Be positive. Be hopeful. Be confident that even the most hardened sinners will be relieved at the advent of this great event, the most important since My Resurrection.

Your Beloved Saviour

Jesus Christ

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

_ _ _ _ _ _

We will NOT feel the pain of CONFESSED sins when we see them in our life review
at the GW.

colbe

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Ok, OP.... if you read Leary's other posts, apparently Jesus also expressed concern that you were unable to get a good rate of return on mutual fund investments and that it was currently difficult to qualify for a mortgage.

LearnedToPlay,

You are interested, that's good. There are not many prophets at present, I wouldn't
doubt them. Pray before you read a message from Heaven. Pray for discernment.
I posted twice a prophetic from Darrell Bennett given long ago, 11 years ago.

He said the same as John Leary. It's known about San Francisco and New York.
We can pray for mitigation.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

One important to share. Did you ever wonder why each prophet, messenger, seer, their
words sound a bit different? Shouldn't God speak in the same way all the time?

God loves man so that He respects Him and uses each person's style of speaking and
thinking in revealing what He wishes to say. The Protestant prophetic is more
biblical sounding because of their devotion to the Bible.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

You mock us and feel that you are so correct that God doesn't exist and yet you call us self-righteous.

Thats hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Please stop the fear mongering! This will not happen...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by mudbeed

Keep on laughing. God is NOT mocked. If I were you, I'd go and repent right now and ask Jesus into your heart. Now. Before its too late.

how dare you claim to know gods intentions...id say its far more blasphemous to declare you know what god is thinking and what he is going to do then it is for two ladies to rub their carpets together...god created gay people, so maybe gods a little gay himself. if you dont enjoy freedom try moving somewhere where there is no freedom, say china, and see how much god helps you out in that situation.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
reply to post by colbe

YOUR GOD IS DEAD.

Stop fueling your hate and bigotry with insane ramblings and excerpts from a 2000 year-old book.

There once were hundreds/thousands of creation stories and spiritual beliefs all over the world. The ONLY REASON that Christianity has spread is NOT because it's the truth but because it was 'lucky' enough to hitch a ride on the back of the most VORACIOUS, DESTRUCTIVE, AND CONQUEST-OBSESSED civilization ever to exist. Do you seriously think it's a COINCIDENCE that our modern civilization arose in the fertile crescent 10,000 years ago... and the 3 main world religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) originated in the SAME AREA?? No, it's not coincidence, it's just numbers and endless bloody conquest.

Keep in mind... if he was a real person, Jesus was a revolutionary who, were he alive today, would probably JOIN occupywallstreet or something similar. Jesus's teachings were far from the bigoted crap you're tainting his message of resistance/peace/charity with.

Are you absolutely stark raving mad, Jesus went through torture, and suffering for you and me and the world. If Jesus were alive right now, following what we have been taught of Jesus Christ, he would not be standing with the protestors but be at the front-lines as he was depicted to be in the bible.

Armana Reign - Deceiver

You bury me in hills of sand
Lie by lie, you took my hand
The promises you made to me
Now bury me as grains of sand

I'll rip the teeth from the beast
I'll cut the tongue from this deceiver's mouth
Break the grasp of false prophet's hold
Let you fall into your fear
Let you fall into your own doubt

There's no way down,
When you drag yourself to the bottom
There's no way down,
When you cast yourself as...

Deceiver, deceiver, deceiver, deceiver

If you were who you said you were,
Then you would already know this
You would be here now and
The things you had done would speak for themselves
You would already know this

Your blindfold is a mirror
You see nothing but yourself
To damn the ones that fight for you
Ignore their screams and cries for help

So welcome to the desert
This is the nightmare you've created
No way down,
When you've drag us down to the bottom
There's no way down,
When you cast yourself down in to the ground

Then you would already know this

So reach a hand and grab a hold
To lives you've shattered from lies you've told
This is your last chance to now grab a hold
Reach a hand and grab a hold
edit on 29-9-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

He just asked a reasonable question. When and where did Jesus say this?

I'm bored of people cherry-picking which bits of Leviticus they can use to excuse their prejudices. If God exists, then she made gay and bi people as they are. Hard luck.
edit on 29-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LearnedToPlayNice

I agree with you on that one, when Jesus returns and speaks a message the entire world would know to know his name and the entire world will hear his message!

not just some random claiming to be the voice of Jesus.

When Jesus comes the whole world will know, not just some here, some there!

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Yeah, odd how people who claim to live by the new testament often resort to the violence and judgement of the old testament when it suits.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Now you make reference that this pertains to fornication. My question is this, the mob of sodomites wanted to gang rape the two angels under lot's roof. So Lot offers his two virgin daughters to the mob to prevent them from raping the angels. He offered to let the mob gang rape his daughters. That's Lot offering to allow me to commit a deviant act upon his daughters. Lot's son's in law mocked Lot and refused to leave Sodom. They were not righteous. WHy were they spared? Not to mention Abraham's entire family was involved in incest in some capacity. How is any of that righteous?

Let's not forget how the Bible was created and when. 300 Years after the alleged death of Jesus. Let's not forget that history totally contradicts the bible. Let us also not forget that Jesus appears to be a combination of characteristics of other previous messiah.

Now I find it difficult to believe that an intelligent person could read the bible and take it verbatim if they understand how it was created, why it was created and if they look at all of the contradictions and historical inaccuracies.

If you do manage to buy into the ten commandments which a good christian would then how do you condemn homosexuality? The ten commandments even state that god will show mercy on the thousands that love him and uphold his commandments. Being as there is nothing pertaining to homosexuality in those commandments I'd say it isn't a sin.

Also look at Matthew 19:16. Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Being gay doesn't preclude you from eternal life in that one either.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Wow, it sounds like as long as you aren't violating the sanctity of marriage its ok.

Since you obviously believe in Jesus then you believe Jesus Christ was the end of the law of moses. So the law of moses isn't relevant. I only bring this up because in the Bible Jesus never condemned homosexuality. So Jesus never condemned homosexuality and twice God ordered incest.

I don't want to attack anyone's faith but I do think if people are going to thump a bible at someone they should make an effort to educate themselves on the validity of it's contents.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Well, if thats what you really believe, then good luck to you. I guess we we will all find out in the end for ourselves what is true. I am not trying to be pretentious, but at least I have something to look forward to in the after life. If I am right, then I know I I will spend eternity in a far better place. If Im wrong, then nothing ventured nothing gained. But what are YOU going to do if Im right and you face the Eternal judge and are told that throughout your life, you had chance after chance to be redeemed, but you rejected everyone of those chances. anyway, regardless of where you stand, you don't have to worry about us "religious nuts" judging you and criticizing you. Our opinions do no matter, but His does. Peace to you and may God bless you.

???????

Not the reply I was expecting, you actually sound rational and intelligent.

I sort of understand were your coming from, but what if Islam is true and it actually is gods next step in religion? or what if he wanted us to stay true to his original teachings as outlined in the Torah? I imagine gods gonna be more pissed at whoever gets it wrong as opposed to those that are free thinking.

IMHO to try and understand god is futile at best and beyond arrogant at worst, Im a good person who does good things and if Im going to hell because I dont bow and scrape or perform some useless rituals then god can kiss my hairy backside

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I live in San Francisco. I can quote the bible as well.

Matthew 7:15 'But, take heed of the false prophets, who come unto you in sheep's clothing, and inwardly are ravening wolves.'

Revelation 22:18 'For I testify to every one hearing the words of the prophecy of this scroll, if any one may add unto these, God shall add to him the plagues that have been written in this scroll,'

1 Corinthians 4:5 'So, then, nothing before the time judge ye, till the Lord may come, who will both bring to light the hidden things of the darkness, and will manifest the counsels of the hearts, and then the praise shall come to each from God.'

And perhaps most pertinently...

Luke 6:37 'And judge not, and ye may not be judged; condemn not, and ye may not be condemned; release, and ye shall be released.'

If you wish to call yourself a Christian, I believe that these are non-negotiable, correct?

Just my two cents. Peace.

edit on 9/29/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos and formatting

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join