It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The one thing I dont get about gay people and what bugs me the most is why do they act gay? I know "gay" people. They like doing their own sex and if they didnt tell you that you would never know. Why flaunt it. I dont care. You could like doing animals I dont think you should go around with one strapped to your waist and just because you like women it doesnt mean you should open your shirt, show chest hair and beat your chest.

I think what the lesson in the bible is that dont fall into temptation to the flesh.

If anyone of you are like me I am sure that even though you may have many people around you, meeting a "real person" is a rare occasion. Real people know what I mean.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yep i see it all the the time

mock the christians but never have the balls to mock a muslim

theres only one being that always has the last laugh

and im here to tell you you wont be the ones laughing in the end.

I scare the living hell out of the muslim that runs my local convenience store. To the point he asks me (an agnostic) about Christian beliefs. Long haired, tree hugging, liberal agnostics, have read the book, and according to most sources know it better the the "Christians". It is not a bad book, Christians really ought to read it, it makes some interesting points.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Hey Jesus,

Las Vegas has legal prostitution, and gambling. When you gonna destroy that town? It's even called Sin City for crying out loud. Also, what about Amsterdam, Holland, where many drugs and prostitution are legal? Are you only after the gays for now? What about the adulterers and fornicators? If you went after them, you'd have to destroy the entire U.S.A. When you gonna do that? Why single out only two cities?

How about the O Little Town where you were born in for that matter? 97% of the people in that region deny you were/are the Messiah and you were of them. Their ancestors heard you, saw your miracles and good deeds, traded your life for a criminal. They get the hometown free pass?

Just messin with ya Big Guy!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I'm glad to hear that you don't really want the world to drown.

I'm not sure why you singled out my post or responded to it the way that you did, but human trafficking is very real. There are much, much worse things in this world than homosexuality... so much so that it seems a precious waste of energy to focus on something so non-threatening.

As to the more recent post:

I understand feeling absolute despair when looking at the world, believe me I do. And it just keeps getting darker and darker, which is increasingly discouraging to the idea that anything could ever change.

BUT, you can be the change you wish to see in the world. You can't change other people. But you CAN help them. Not with threats of annihilation from a higher force, like OP's post. But with love. I'm sorry if that sounds a little too "unicorns and puppydog tails", but it's what I believe.

Let me put it this way: You can't help the world become a brighter place by continuing to add more darkness to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Just use common sense and don't harm others is the real message. Why the hell do people care about other peoples' PRIVATE LIFE? Mind YOUR OWN business comes to mind..........

I wish that gays could keep it privite and leave marriage to straight people and that the government would recognize unions between gays.

Why don't hetero's keep it private and leave marriage to those that want to be married. You are seriously disillusioned.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
oh yeah this whole thread is about God destroying NY and LA. tonight is only Wednesday, but come Saturday I am going to ride my horse out, rope a bull, and sacrifice it to Jupiter. The religious nut jobs in this country scare me far more than the muslim extremists, most muslims I can talk to for more than 30 seconds without god coming into the conversation. The moral majority is neither.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The world is becoming a very scarey place, this is true. Personally, I think if each and every single person on this planet spent more time reflecting on who they are and tried to build peace within themselves, rather than pointing the finger at everyone's mistakes or perceived shortcomings, then we would all be better off.

The "God" I believe in doesn't take attendance on Sundays nor does "He" promise me an express lane through the Pearly Gates simply because every third sentence out of my mouth is quoted scripture. I don't look down on anyone who's beliefs are different than mine, I simply may not agree with them. If you believers are "true believers" then surely you must love all, even the homosexuals, and not condemn them as you do, for are they not also God's children and isn't that what He asks of you? If you're rejoicing in a "great flood to sweep the earth", then don't you mourn for those you would perceive to be righteous and innocent? Why would you want to welcome such an event?
I'm sad for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Just use common sense and don't harm others is the real message. Why the hell do people care about other peoples' PRIVATE LIFE? Mind YOUR OWN business comes to mind..........

I wish that gays could keep it privite and leave marriage to straight people and that the government would recognize unions between gays.

Why don't hetero's keep it private and leave marriage to those that want to be married. You are seriously disillusioned.

Keep what privite? Human reproduction?The fact that it takes male and female to naturally reproduce?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Christianity bashing has started but.....

I just wanted to stand up and say that this guy isn't speaking for all Christians when he says this. (and I don't know by what authority he thinks it's ok to either)

Christ loves sinners. If I properly recall he hung out with lepers (social outcasts of the time, considered tainted).

...and it's not some sort of crapshoot of good works either.

The OP's article is definitely out of line.
Regardless of who you think Christ is, God is, or what Christians are, accept the saying
"Love one another."

Telling people to leave certain said city definitely isn't an act of love.

But what do I know, I'm a "stupid extremist same as every other" christian....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I really have to reinervate here
This guy is asking for trouble.

To OP:

You sound like a bible thumper. Somebody who thinks he knows all about this world, whats right and wrong.
Says lord almighty will striketh the down if thy doeth wrong...eth.
I am not christian. I am not gay. I am not religious. I am spiritual. And I know for a bleeping fact GOD is not targetting GAYS in San Francisco or NY. What the bleep are you smoking? Because I know good smoke, believe me, but good grief man!

Little boost of help: Do you know this? The "good book", the Bible, is written in parables. Says one thing means another.

Wisen up dude there is much to be learned.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Only one question I have about the OP.

When did the Westboro Baptist Church begin posting on ATS?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Are not the disappointments that are caused by ingratitude, and by the fragility of earthly friendships, also a source of bitterness of the human heart?

"Yes; but we teach you to feel pity for the ungrateful, and for faithless friends; their unkindness will do more harm to themselves than to you. Ingratitude comes of selfishness; and he who is selfish will meet, sooner or later, with hearts as hard as his own has been. Think of all those who have done more good than you have done, who are more worthy than you are, and whose kindness has been repaid with ingratitude. Remember that Jesus himself, during his life, was scoffed at, despised, and treated as a knave and an impostor; and do not be surprised that you should be treated in the same way. Let the consciousness of the good you have done be your recompense in your present life, and do not trouble yourself about those to whom you have done it. Ingratitude serves to test your persistence in doing good; it will be counted to you hereafter, and those who have been unmindful of your kindness will be punished, and all the more severely, the greater has been their ingratitude."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Sorry, could the OP or someone just remind where the word for Homosexual appears in any of the gospels/Biblical texts?
Aramaic? Hebrew? Greek?....no?

Believe prophecy, God loves you more than He does Himself. Speak to God which is prayer and repent of your sins, how hard is that to do?

This message is a prophecy spoken of for a long time.

Who did Americans vote into office for President? A man who voted twice in Illinois to kill
a baby who survives abortion.

The top, the greatest sin, the U.S. will finally have to answer to God the millions of abortions, the killing of the most innocent. N.Y. is where the most abortions are performed in the U.S. What of the judgments so far? It's not roses these days, so prepare spiritually. Listing all the other grave sins, yes, they will have to be accounted for too if you repent of them before you die. God forgives our sins when we repent AND we must still make reparation for them, mortal and venial by our crosses and sufferings here, prayer and our loving acts. Nothing unholy enters Heaven. There is reparation to be made for all our sins. The state of the world is because of the rejection of God. Think of Tribulation as Purgatory here. God's justice is His mercy. He loves us more than any human person can.

The word for the homosexual act is sodomy. Posting Scripture reference one more time. Important Scripture. Unrepentant sodomites are in Hell. Sodomy is a mortal sin.
It is an abomination to God.

2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.

2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”

Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

Or supports a particular, or peculiar, political agenda?

History is rife with such stupidity. Why does God insist upon destroying many, for the "crimes" of a few? Never did understand that... Until it dawned on me, many years ago, that the "word" of God set down in so many religious tomes, and screamed from oh so many, many pulpits; are mere humans with no more access to Gods Word than I have. Can you say con? I can.

I believe God exists, but I also believe that we're all, that's every blessed one of us; his child. Gay, straight, light, dark, and everything in-between we're all his children, or hers.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Ah, yes...

The old it's in the Old Testament defense...

Faith is a wonderful thing, yet blind faith is extraordinarily dangerous. Which is yours?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Badgered1
Sorry, could the OP or someone just remind where the word for Homosexual appears in any of the gospels/Biblical texts?
Aramaic? Hebrew? Greek?....no?

Believe prophecy, God loves you more than He does Himself. Speak to God which is prayer and repent of your sins, how hard is that to do?

This message is a prophecy spoken of for a long time.

Who did Americans vote into office for President? A man who voted twice in Illinois to kill
a baby who survives abortion.

The top, the greatest sin, the U.S. will finally have to answer to God the millions of abortions, the killing of the most innocent. N.Y. is where the most abortions are performed in the U.S. What of the judgments so far? It's not roses these days, so prepare spiritually. Listing all the other grave sins, yes, they will have to be accounted for too if you repent of them before you die. God forgives our sins when we repent AND we must still make reparation for them, mortal and venial by our crosses and sufferings here, prayer and our loving acts. Nothing unholy enters Heaven. There is reparation to be made for all our sins. The state of the world is because of the rejection of God. Think of Tribulation as Purgatory here. God's justice is His mercy. He loves us more than any human person can.

The word for the homosexual act is sodomy. Posting Scripture reference one more time. Important Scripture. Unrepentant sodomites are in Hell. Sodomy is a mortal sin.
It is an abomination to God.

2 Peter 2:4-6
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment: 5 And spared not the world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly. 6 And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly.

2 Peter 2:4-6: Peter also reveals that the Sodomites are suffering in hell for their sins by comparing the Sodomites’ punishment to the eternal punishment of the evil angels. Just as God did not spare the angels when they sinned but cast them into hell, so He did the same with the Sodomites when He “condemned them to extinction and made them an example to those who were to be ungodly.”

Jude 5
I will therefore admonish you, though ye once knew all things, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, did afterwards destroy them that believed not: 6 And the angels who kept not their principality, but forsook their own habitation, he hath reserved under darkness in everlasting chains, unto the judgment of the great day. 7 As Sodom and Gomorrha, and the neighboring cities, in like manner, having given themselves to fornication, and going after other flesh, were made an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 5-7: Like Peter, Jude confirms that the Sodomites are in hell by saying that they had the same fate as the evil angels. Jude says just as the evil angels were condemned to hell, the Sodomites “likewise” (Greek, hos) acted immorally and are undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. “Undergoing” (Greek, upechousai) is a present participle which means their suffering is ongoing. See also the clear polarity between those who are saved (v.5) and those who are condemned (vv. 6-7,11,13).

So, someone who performs sodomy can be forgiven then?

Just trying to see what base your thinking comes from.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wait, so did Jesus e-mail this? I'll be needing his e-mail address, I have some questions.
But seriously, wayyy to much gay bashing J. Since I'm 99% sure being gay isn't a choice there's only one person to blame for the homosex going down in San Fran. *cough* God *cough*

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomboxpanda
I'm pretty sure the Christianity bashing has started but.....

I just wanted to stand up and say that this guy isn't speaking for all Christians when he says this. (and I don't know by what authority he thinks it's ok to either)

Christ loves sinners. If I properly recall he hung out with lepers (social outcasts of the time, considered tainted).

...and it's not some sort of crapshoot of good works either.

The OP's article is definitely out of line.
Regardless of who you think Christ is, God is, or what Christians are, accept the saying
"Love one another."

Telling people to leave certain said city definitely isn't an act of love.

But what do I know, I'm a "stupid extremist same as every other" christian....

boom,

What have said in every post in this thread?

Repent, confess your sins to God and pray, take time every day and pray....over and over. Why?

"Christ loves sinners." He wants everyone to go to Heaven.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quibbler
Wait, so did Jesus e-mail this? I'll be needing his e-mail address, I have some questions.
But seriously, wayyy to much gay bashing J. Since I'm 99% sure being gay isn't a choice there's only one person to blame for the homosex going down in San Fran. *cough* God *cough*

Any type of message like this is from man, a stupid man. A man who really hates religion as is trying to prove to everyone what idiots they are. Ron hubbard did this. Wrote the most stupid religion in history to prove that people are stupid. scientology
edit on 28-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: Remove the capitalization of scientology.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anybody asked this, but what about the animals that are gay, will they be punished too?

edit on 28-9-2011 by Quetzalcoatl12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join