It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Alliance/League of Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Will we ever likely to see an alliance between Islamic countries?

For instance say the old Soviet republics along with Iran, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and others formed an alliance would this be enough to threaten Europe and America if they ever became extreme?

For Muslims i'd imagine there's a strong sense of brotherhood, is an attack on one Muslim an attack on all?

Particularly in Western countries where Muslims are living are we seeing wide segregation between Islam and all other cultures and religions?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
These countries are not one group but a series of tribes and they have fought each other for territorial control for centuries so is unlikely that they just decide to join together in a common bond.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes, Marge is right. I'm not too well versed on the socio-political dimension of the Islamic world, but it seems unfounded. Unless a war was to break out that required these Islamic nations to fight under on flag, its illogical.

I mean, America could not even convince Canada to join its coalition...

Deep

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Europe is trying to encourage a stronger economic alliance between the GCC, (Gulf Cooperation Council countries). The GCC consists of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman.

They are also encouraging them to have a unified currency similar to the Euro, which I believe is scheduled for 2010.

As far as a military alliance, I guess that wouldn't be far behind and economic one but none of those countries are really known for their military.

It's not out of the question for other Arab countries to set up military alliances for security.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Europe is trying to encourage an economic alliance between the Arab countires of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman.
This alliance is known as the GCC, Gulf Cooperation Council countries.

Indeed.

The "arabs" are not one people and neither are Europeans.

No doubt in my mind that this is a response by the "old" European countries to use the Euro as a defence to the UK and US power grab going on right now. If they get their alliance with these particular countries...Poof!... there goes the petrodollar.

[edit on 8/26/2004 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

If they get their alliance with these particular countries...Poof!... there goes the PETRODOLLAR

lol

Also, alot of these nations hold contesting views of Islam, I'm not too sure wether or not they would put these theological conceptions aside to better the autonomy of thier nations.

Deep

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There is a pan-arab governmental organization out there. I think itscalled the arab league no? Not exactly what you are thinking of tho.

new topics

top topics

join