It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus ressurected his body, can we do so too?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I tend to believe that Jesus really did ressurect his own body after having been killed. I believe this mostly because having investigated the Christian path, I have come across many Mystical experiences. So I wonder since Christians are called to follow in Christs footsteps, will there be others that eventually ressurect the body after death, or would they have to wait til a rapture or second coming before something like this is possible.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I tend to believe that Jesus really did ressurect his own body after having been killed.

This is impossible. It's just an urban legend.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Jesus did it to prove to the world that he was the son of God. He previously called himself son of man... What reason would you have to do this? Miracles for ones own glory were scorned by Jesus.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
the answer is yes, with enough time tech will advance to the point of being able to do that. however, if you are speaking about mind over matter or the path to enlightenment then your journey could be long or short, fruitful or fruitless.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I tend to believe that his body was removed from the tomb.. Most likely by Mary Magdalene, or other followers to keep the movement and his message alive..

Don't put false hope in pointlessness.

link   
reply to post by dominicus

I've wondered if death is more like a crossroads with two paths. One path is death and the next life, the other is survival of the event to continue on your current life's path. In one reality, you died and the world goes on. In the other reality you somehow survived and get to carry on until the next death crossroad where you may or may not check out, the kicker being that both these realities exist at the same time but are unaware of eachother.

link   

I tend to believe that Jesus really did ressurect his own body after having been killed. I believe this mostly because having investigated the Christian path, I have come across many Mystical experiences. So I wonder since Christians are called to follow in Christs footsteps, will there be others that eventually ressurect the body after death, or would they have to wait til a rapture or second coming before something like this is possible.

Well, according to what we have in the bible, believers in general won't experience the same until the rapture, which occurs at the second coming (scriptures available upon request, but is a cross-reference of 2nd Thessalonians and Rev. 20).

Otherwise, though, and for whatever possible reasons, there are accounts of people rising from the dead as recognized by various doctors, morticians, what-have-you...take them or discount them as you will.

Most recent accounts of 'miracles' are not well publicized, although there are plenty out there.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I do not believe that it is possible for a human to resurrect their own body. I do however believe in ascension of the human mind.

I personally would never want to become a human again.

Now, an ascended being, that would be most welcome to me in the afterlife

It is what I strive for.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Good question.
The Bible refers to Jesus as "the firstfruits from among the dead"... meaning, He was the first in a pattern that we can expect. What this means is that when the Rapture occurs, "we who are alive and in Christ will by no means proceed those who have fallen asleep", but that they also "shall be raised up to be with Him". So, there is a resurrection of the dead that will occur at the Rapture; and at that point, both the living, and the dead who are in Christ, will be clothed with new, spiritual bodies. For information on this, you can see 1 Thessalonians 4, and 1 Corinthians 15. They're definitely worth a read.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
jesus and his cult buddies were the most successful hoaxters to ever live. its all a fairy tale. and if you dont believe so...ask yourself where we would be without religion? do you really think the whole idea of jesus what he stood for has benefited humanity. "do as i say or i will kill you and your family and then send you to a lake of fire for all of eternity....only cause i love you all so much" ridiculous. people know how the world works much better than 2000 years ago. people know what a bush is made out of. its time to stop believing in something no one has ever or will ever see and start believing in reality. who created god? did he create himself and then everything else? and hes still creating the 340,000 people that are born everyday? imagine if jesus or god were never "thought" up. i beg any religious person that disagrees with me to answer three simple questions. who created god? why are there over 3000 other "gods" in different forms if there was only one god? people say god is going to kill everyone cause we dont practice his ways or worship him as our creator and so hes super pissed....why did he rely on a book full of poems to keep peoples faith alive. billions and billions of lives over time have been sacrificed to these "gods" or in their name and how has it affected you? chances are you live a sh** life just like 98 percent of the worlds population. omg my aunt overcame cancer god must have heard my prayers and saved her duuuuuuuuurr. get real people. worship and trust in yourselves we as humans pick how our lives end up not some INVISIBLE bearded man in the sky. jesus was nothing but a liar and he got crucified for misleading people into worshiping him. 1000s of gods all better than the last but no your jesus and god are the real deal...remember that.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
Jesus did it to prove to the world that he was the son of God. He previously called himself son of man... What reason would you have to do this? Miracles for ones own glory were scorned by Jesus.

Well maybe they want to do it to prove to all Christians that Jesus's miracles were real and get people to truly believe. I'm sure if people starting rising from the dead through the power of God, there would be a huge surge to the Christian faith.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

We are in agreement.

I would however also point out to the OP, that Christ was not of this world.. So as far as us resurrecting anything ?

Not even a fly.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
one problem, jesus wan't devine and he never claimed to be.

The council of nicea changed the story because they needed a DEVINE jesus to wipe out the pagan reigions.

He just said we are all children of god.

Miracles are most likely exageration by said council.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe if God loved us enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391
jesus and his cult buddies were the most successful hoaxters to ever live. its all a fairy tale. and if you dont believe so...ask yourself where we would be without religion? do you really think the whole idea of jesus what he stood for has benefited humanity. "do as i say or i will kill you and your family and then send you to a lake of fire for all of eternity....only cause i love you all so much" ridiculous. people know how the world works much better than 2000 years ago. people know what a bush is made out of. its time to stop believing in something no one has ever or will ever see and start believing in reality. who created god? did he create himself and then everything else? and hes still creating the 340,000 people that are born everyday? imagine if jesus or god were never "thought" up. i beg any religious person that disagrees with me to answer three simple questions. who created god? why are there over 3000 other "gods" in different forms if there was only one god? people say god is going to kill everyone cause we dont practice his ways or worship him as our creator and so hes super pissed....why did he rely on a book full of poems to keep peoples faith alive. billions and billions of lives over time have been sacrificed to these "gods" or in their name and how has it affected you? chances are you live a sh** life just like 98 percent of the worlds population. omg my aunt overcame cancer god must have heard my prayers and saved her duuuuuuuuurr. get real people. worship and trust in yourselves we as humans pick how our lives end up not some INVISIBLE bearded man in the sky. jesus was nothing but a liar and he got crucified for misleading people into worshiping him. 1000s of gods all better than the last but no your jesus and god are the real deal...remember that.

If only we we're all so typical. Luckily I see change in your future.

Xaberz

Well maybe they want to do it to prove to all Christians that Jesus's miracles were real and get people to truly believe. I'm sure if people starting rising from the dead through the power of God, there would be a huge surge to the Christian faith

You might think so, but I tend to doubt that very much.
edit on 27-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Care to provide any proof that he did this instead of old wives tales and and fairy tales from some book written by who knows how many different people.
edit on 28-9-2011 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yes that is the example Jesus left us in this earth, we will be resurrected back in to this earth with eternal life, those who are dead and later will be resurrected by God, they will have a new body, some how you and your love ones will recognise each other, the same way the Apostles recognize Jesus wen he came back from the dead with an entirely new body, thats the reason the Apostles didn't recognise him at first.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

God became man for us, the least we can do is become God for him.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Jesus told Paul he hasn't descended to his father yet at the time this all happened.

So were was his son wen he became gods I mean God?

There is only one God and his name is clear as day light, YH/WH.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life
There is only one God and his name is clear as day light, YH/WH.

Yes, thank you. But that is actually two names joined as one, isn't it? The masculine Yah and the feminine Weh...united in sacred marriage aka "heiros gamos". The fruit of their union is the Christ child.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join