It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just witnessed something above the house across the street...9/27/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
Here you go sir! www.abovetopsecret.com... theres about 5 other post about piketon

I just checked google maps, and Piketon OH is about 250 miles from me.

ETA: But I do thank you for that information!
edit on 27-9-2011 by semicolonsmile because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
semicolonsmile,I have no idea what the orange dots are maybe they are chinese lanterns who knows..But thank you for posting the video of what you saw it was interesting ..S&F Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by semicolonsmile

your welcome I was just letting you know the closest places to you with ufo activity. 250 miles is far for us but probably seconds for "them". That is even if time exsist when they travel. Maybe you know a closer area?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Not sure what that is. There is something out there though. Yesterday around 5 am I saw a silent low flying triangle... I guess it was a TR -B3...or I hope it was.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Where do people keep purchasing these toasters that can film stuff? Don't you know toasters are for making toast and not great at filming stuff! Put that thing back in the kitchen.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Where did the Chinese lantern fad come from? They are not new, but lately everything has been a "Chinese Lantern". Is it just me, or does this description appear to have started right around when the movie "Tangled" was released?

I don't know what to think about that video. If they were 2 separate objects you would think they would move in slightly different flight paths due to gusts of wind, turbulence ect. Since they are both moving in unison that tells me they are attached somehow. I am not saying Aliens, but "Chinese Lanterns" is about as believable as swamp gas.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

1st off, Hooray for Eastern NC. I didnt see your orange light, but I also live in Eastern NC and I have noticed an increase in the number of military jets flying overhead recently.

As for the Chinese lantern theory in the OP, I would have to disagree. I would lean towards aircraft, but cannot say where said craft would have originated. Is this the only time you have seen these or was it just a 1 time thing?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Where do people keep purchasing these toasters that can film stuff? Don't you know toasters are for making toast and not great at filming stuff! Put that thing back in the kitchen.

why do people keep posting asinine,rude comments before reading the entire thread and Op?

edit on 28-9-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggypogo

1st off, Hooray for Eastern NC. I didn't see your orange light, but I also live in Eastern NC and I have noticed an increase in the number of military jets flying overhead recently.

As for the Chinese lantern theory in the OP, I would have to disagree. I would lean towards aircraft, but cannot say where said craft would have originated. Is this the only time you have seen these or was it just a 1 time thing?

I think it was about 10-11PM when it happened. Maybe 9-10PM, came out of nowhere, just sat there in one spot blinking orange, and then dissipated either in the clouds or blew out. I don't know. But, I have a witness. (She's not credible though, she's already crazy,)
From the sounds of it, I think Stinger94, may have also seen it. Not sure. Wish he/she would come back and let me know.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

It was a joke.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Do lanterns blink that much?
There has never been a comparison because who has foos or Tesla ships
to run up into the skies. The UFO are notoriously thought to be stars until
you drive around them which can't be done for stars.

edit on 9/29/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Hahaha, guess you didn't bother to read either...

I took this video with a droid 2 camera.

Making toast is about the only thing this thing CAN'T do.

The bread is too big.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hmmmm.

I was thinking they could be planes on approach -- the light being the landing light, and they would appear to hover/move slowly if they were headed generally in your direction...

...HOWEVER, both the Cleveland airport and the Pittsburgh airport are probably too far away to see this type of approach (Pittsburgh -- 50+ miles, Cleveland -- 75 miles), and the Youngstown Regional Airport (which is about 10 or 15 miles away) probably doesn't ever have that many planes stacked up waiting to land.

There were big storms on the east coast in the past few days. Perhaps planes going to Pittsburgh or Cleveland were diverted to your area due to bad storms? Maybe some of them were diverted to Youngstown, or perhaps they were in a holding pattern waiting to go back to Pittsburgh or Cleveland?

edit on 9/29/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggypogo

1st off, Hooray for Eastern NC. I didnt see your orange light, but I also live in Eastern NC and I have noticed an increase in the number of military jets flying overhead recently.

This was the only time I have ever seen anything like this. They were pretty low, and I don't live in a city with an airport. *edit* also, there was absolutely no sound.

But I have heard a few stories about strange lights/UFOs around here lately. Just never got lucky enough to catch any of it until now.

edit on 29-9-2011 by semicolonsmile because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Hmmmm.

I was thinking they could be planes on approach -- the light being the landing light, and they would appear to hover/move slowly if they were headed generally in your direction...

...HOWEVER, both the Cleveland airport and the Pittsburgh airport are probably too far away to see this type of approach, and the Youngstown Regional Airport (which is about 10 or 15 miles away) probably doesn't ever have that many planes stacked up waiting to land.

There were big storms on the east coast in the past few days. Perhaps planes going to Pittsburgh or Cleveland were diverted to your area due to bad storms? Maybe some of them were diverted to Youngstown, or perhaps they were in a holding pattern waiting to go back to Pittsburgh or Cleveland?

edit on 9/29/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

I've seen a few videos of planes in a holding pattern that got confused for something not of this planet...I would buy that except for as you pointed out, the closest airport is in Y-town. Also, I've never seen planes this color/bright(I know it's hard to tell from the video quality, but they were bright orange)...and they made no sound. Planes generally do make a lot of noise when flying as low as these seemed to be(from my perspective at least)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Nice catch. I am sure its just left over UARS debris
SnF

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I read it, just a joke man. Take it in stride.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well done for spotting them and having a camera ready.

They're probably lanterns as you say but when the real thing comes along you're the type that'll capture it while everyone else is still debating if they exist or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

if that is the case then excuse my previous post, apologies for jumping the gun. I am used to seeing a good bit of people making premature comments because they never take the time to read through things first.

I had my first UFO sighting this past new years ,what many would call a lantern,problem being, I was so close to this thing there was no way it was a Chinese lantern,it was visually solid with a reddish/orange tint and spherical,witnessed by 2 other people other than myself.

I bring this up just to point out to the fact that I do not believe every so called "Chinese lantern" theory holds weight with every case,there are many fireball/spherical UFO sightings,especially in my home state of Pennsylvania that leads me to believe some are genuine.

I am planning on finally making a thread on my UFO siting if anyone is interested,keep an eye out for it, I will have it up soon.
edit on 29-9-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Wow, you made me share my real life story. Here goes.

When I was sixteen, many years ago, me and my cousin were walking to the store to purchase some Copenhagen. I heard a helicopter and deiced to look up. I noticed that it had no markings of any type and was dull black. This was back in '96 when black helicopters were being spotted all over America before, during, and after UFO sightings. I turned to my cousin and said "there is one of those black helicopters that don't exist." I then looked back up at the helicopter and I witnessed a gray metallic ball, probably 25' across hovering above the helicopter. I told my cousin to look and before he looked up it made a S curve of sorts and shot into a cloud.

Now, I cant explain what I witnessed. I can only say that it was perfectly round and made of a gray metal. It was not a weather balloon, it hovered then made an evasive maneuver. Do I think it was alien? No, but keep in mind this was near Fort Worth, TX where Lockheed Martin is.
edit on 29-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: splelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join