It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theories are no good. Jesus is savior.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have a question for the OP......

Where in the OLD testament does it say anything about Jesus coming to save everyone? Maybe I missed that somehow, or it hadn't been revised yet in the bible I had.......

AND, I'm sorry, the problem I have with Catholics is they believe they can do anything at all and just ask a priest, A mere MAN for forgiveness, say a few hail mary's and go out and sin some more! My neighbor actually made this point the other day when we were talking.

I did grow up in a Catholic household, and there are so many flaws with it that I can't even begin to describe.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

Star and a flag. I spent my life searching out truth in every dark corner of the world. My life has been one dark alley after another when it comes to testing wisdom and truth. The Bible shines as the true Word of God no matter where you practice your faith. As long as Jesus is the name (character) you place your faith, God is more than sufficient. Remember this as you read the replies that I am sure will arrive here.

Matthew 5:10-12 (NKJV) Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Read a recent article I posted on this subject. The Prodigle Son and the Direction of Suffering

And the final test for stamina, motivation, competence and self-honesty in a truth/reality-search:

"Is my mindset able to live without 'absolutes', or do I need to invent some to feel at ease?"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
reply to post by TechVampyre

Offer these voices to Jesus, he will cure you.

Niiiice.

Question all the head-voices, but not the Jesus head-voice.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
A few question for OP....

1) The bible places the earth at roughly 6500 years..... Can you please place the existence of dinosaurs, time wise?

2) How do you overlook the fact, that there are several VERY similar forms of religion, that date back LONG before the bible?

3) Do you ever fight with the thought that Mary was a liar, and baby jesus was fathered by a roman soldier?

4) How do you personally, determine which parts of the bible, YOU take literally?

5) Would you kill another human, if you felt that is what your lord wanted you to do?

6) Would proof of extraterrestrial life, sway your belief?

I am not patronizing you, in any way. I am sincerely curious about your answers to these questions.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

A few darker quotes that religion likes to conveniently ignore.

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Christianity is filled with tolerance and love!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

I want you all to realize how serious I am before i share my experience with you.

My life went from ruins to salvation the day i accepted the flying spaghetti monster onto my dinner plate.

He truly is the one true god for the parables of the pasta tells us he is.

Please accept his noodliness goodness. He has saved me from a terrible sinful life.

Glory be to his al dente noodliness.

My post has as much meaning and rests on the same type of illogical nonsense as yours.

As far as I know, open proselytizing is against forum rules, but considering that missionary christians do it all the time and get away with it, I will take my chances.

As a secular pastafarian myself, I will in this thread support your crusade on the proper use of circular arguments, blind faith and other assorted theist promotional techniques.

Ramen.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
Jesus Christ is our savior. Accept Him and your lives will be saved. I speak from personal exprience and as a fellow conspiracy theorist whose life went from ruins to salvation after a long journey into the unknown. I have come to find all the truths in catholicism. Please people, listen. Glory to God.

Ooooh, that is so marvellous, I am so overjoyed for you, how bloody wonderful.........

Who would have guessed you found truth in Catholicism, who the hell would have thought that?

Amazing.......absolutely amazing...........oh, so wonderful

Let's all have a party, let's invite the Pope and Mary..........

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryWasLoose
reply to post by bogomil

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

A short answer to this:

There is even a version of theism, which is just one step from solipsism:

"Only the bible, my mindset and my personal mindset-interpretation of the bible are 'real', and anything outside my cosy, self-contained existential bubble hardly exists, and I don't have to relate to it.......

.......I am GOD, or at least God's earthly representative through my superior understanding of him"

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
Keep on laughing. Just remember that God is NOT mocked. You really should go and repent and ask Jesus into your heart now, before its too late. Now! There will come a time when we all will face him and every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord. Think I'm kidding? just keep on mocking him and see what happens. Remember that old saying "Don't tempt fate?"

Your "for your own good"-advices, based on speculative prophecies with a sprinkle of scare-technique are both innovative and highly appreciated.

Souls will be saved and dangerous individual thinking suppressed. Commendable.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Satan kept the church in business for a long long time.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Sadly my friend Crowley was exactly right.... Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law. What he didn't mention is that there may be consequences to your actions. Which as you said is a twisted truth.

But the fact remains, everyone is completely free to do whatever they will... free will reigns.

He was a brilliant man though slightly slanted in his beliefs

Unfortunarely you are right, but for those whom the word con*se*quen*ce has to many syllables and don't take karmic theory as axiomatic, a grey, bureaucratic existential social-democracy can be a kind of functional compromise taking the brunt of consequences off.

There may though be some real middle-road between that and SuperEd's dot-connecting.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["A person cannot reason apart form truth. Reason gives you a justification to act or believe. One question should clear this up for you. Is there a reason to do good to others and not evil?"]

Self-premised 'truth'? 'Reason' to choose between some 50.000 faiths? Conditional 'good'?

From the book of the great noddlemaster:

"Oh yea and verily. Go ye and learn the basics of logic".

edit on 28-9-2011 by bogomil because: edition

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
Where in the OLD testament does it say anything about Jesus coming to save everyone? Maybe I missed that somehow, or it hadn't been revised yet in the bible I had.......

Here you go:

Question: "Where does the Old Testament predict the coming of Christ?"

Answer: There are many Old Testament prophecies about Jesus Christ. Some interpreters place the number of Messianic prophecies in the hundreds. The following are those that are considered the clearest and most important.

Regarding Jesus’ birth—Isaiah 7:14: “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” Isaiah 9:6: “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Micah 5:2: “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

Concerning Jesus' ministry and death—Zechariah 9:9: “Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” Psalm 22:16-18: “Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.”

Likely the clearest prophecy about Jesus is the entire 53rd chapter of Isaiah. Isaiah 53:3-7 is especially unmistakable: “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.”

The “seventy sevens” prophecy in Daniel chapter 9 predicted the precise date that Jesus, the Messiah, would be “cut off.” Isaiah 50:6 accurately describes the beating that Jesus endured. Zechariah 12:10 predicts the “piercing” of the Messiah, which occurred after Jesus died on the cross. Many more examples could be provided, but these will suffice. The Old Testament most definitely prophesies the coming of Jesus as the Messiah.

Source

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

1) The bible places the earth at roughly 6500 years.....

No it doesn't, that's one (particularly narrow) interpretation of many.

2) How do you overlook the fact, that there are several VERY similar forms of religion, that date back LONG before the bible?

Many people have developed many different ways to show their allegiance to God. The fact that there are so many forms of religion and that they have been around throughout our entire known history certainly points to the existence of a divine creator, and the diversity in religion also points to just how hard we try to define and understand that which is beyond our comprehension.

3) Do you ever fight with the thought that Mary was a liar, and baby jesus was fathered by a roman soldier?

No, there's no indication of any possibility of that. If you're going down that road you might as well contemplate whether aliens abducted Mary and impregnated her (equally silly).

4) How do you personally, determine which parts of the bible, YOU take literally?

Pretty simple really. First, I view God as pure, perfect and just. I weigh all that I read against that. For example, the passage that describes puncturing a hole in your servant's ear to indicate ownership, is this something a pure, perfect and just God would sanction. Obviously not, so I conclude that the biases of the writer crept into that passage. I do leave the door open to the possibility that it describes a cultural thing that was appropriate at that time though.

5) Would you kill another human, if you felt that is what your lord wanted you to do?

If I heard a voice telling me to kill someone, I would assume it was evil, not of God. Again, going back to my view of God being pure, perfect and just, this isn't an action that He would condone.

6) Would proof of extraterrestrial life, sway your belief?

Why would it? The Bible is silent regarding ET life. It does not say it exists, nor does it say it does not exist. The word "giraffe" is nowhere to be found in the Bible, yet they exist. As the saying goes, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Going back to the title of this thread:

Conspiracy theories are no good. Jesus is savior

If the OP is still around I would like to know why one has anything to do with the other. Yes Jesus is Savior. What in the world does that have to do with conspiracies and conspiracy theories? Heck, the Bible is full of conspiracies. King David wanted to have Bathsheba for himself, so he conspired to place her husband on the front line of a battle so he would be killed (and he was). There are loads of such examples.

Again, if one measures what one reads against the view of God being perfect in every way, then the conclusion must be that either one doesn't understand the passage in question or that the passage was written by men and does not reflect God's will. Instead people try to use the Bible to prove that God doesn't exist, but that's a pointless exercise because if God exists then He does so whether we have the Bible or not. You don't need the Bible to believe in a divine creator. The Bible is man's attempt to describe and document that divine creator, but that doesn't mean God wrote it. Personally I think it's more appropriate to say He "inspired" it.

Quite right, and this is why the passages you questioned are not typically preached. Most Christian churches try to focus on the positive message of the Bible, not nitpick the negative passages.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

You wrote (on validity of 6.000 year creationist cosmology):

["No it doesn't, that's one (particularly narrow) interpretation of many."]

Quite correct. With one 'divine day' counting as a 1.000 years, we are with altogether 13.000 years MUCH closer to the rational estimate of cosmos being app. 14 billion years old and the earth 4+ billion. 13.000 years make the bible almost 'scientifically' correct. Well done.

Quote: ["The fact that there are so many forms of religion and that they have been around throughout our entire known history certainly points to the existence of a divine creator,"]

Truth is not decided by public vote.

Quote: ["and the diversity in religion also points to just how hard we try to define and understand that which is beyond our comprehension."]

It even more points to human dislike of the unknown, which then is filled with speculations allegedly making it 'known'.

Quote: ["No, there's no indication of any possibility of that. If you're going down that road you might as well contemplate whether aliens abducted Mary and impregnated her (equally silly)."]

More silly than the official christian version? What are your 'silly-criteria'? Bible-circular?

Quote: ["Pretty simple really. First, I view God as pure, perfect and just. I weigh all that I read against that. For example, the passage that describes puncturing a hole in your servant's ear to indicate ownership, is this something a pure, perfect and just God would sanction. Obviously not, so I conclude that the biases of the writer crept into that passage. I do leave the door open to the possibility that it describes a cultural thing that was appropriate at that time though."]

Fair enough, except that you'll have a hard time convincing other christians of your special cherry-picking method.

Quote: ["If I heard a voice telling me to kill someone, I would assume it was evil, not of God. Again, going back to my view of God being pure, perfect and just, this isn't an action that He would condone."]

If this is a consequent attitude, you would be amongst the two-god-concluders on the bible. But considering that you in another post relate to OT as an authentic source, I detect some incoherence in your approach.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Nitpick the negative ones?

We should overlook the violence, murder and rape, while focusing on the love???

Convenient truth??

No logical person can REALLY believe that there is an all powerful man in the sky, that grants wishes.... when he feels like it..

No logical person can TRULY believe that there is a heaven and a hell...

Heaven and Hell is the most ridiculous idea, I have ever heard... well aside from the idea that a woman can take part in asexual reproduction....with god....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But hey, Jesus was killed because of the conspiracy. Riiiight?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Interesting look at an College professor who had a NED and realized the truth. Jesus is the Savior.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join