It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Bot Reports Large Increase in Meteor Sightings Sept 26-27, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

it wasn't just Argentina that got hit with a possible meteorite, widespread (but not necessarily worldwide!) "Meteor Outbreak" reported in Florida, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana:

lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

and gee whats that at :30+ into the vid?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Who is Meteor Bot?

edit: I like videos of the sun.
Was there something else too see in the video?
edit on 27-9-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's a video of the Sun, dimmed by cloud, and the moving clouds below are giving an optical illusion of the Sun moving.......I have nearly been caught out at night with the same illusion and stars.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

He's talking about the bug that flies across the screen.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
yea, that UFO at :38-:39

amazing, what is it?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

A bug.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

And at 1:17 i can also see a UFO.
Another outbreak maybe?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a bug?

i thought it was a black chinese ufo!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ignant

A bug.

DISINFO AGENT!!!!

*It was obviously a bird.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What exactly is metor bot? I do know there are very high increases in bad weather such as hurricanes,tornadoes,earthquakes and other things. More volcanoes are errupting and other volcanoes are getting ready to erupt. The world is in for a very soon upcoming disater. I have heard about the increase of meteors recently but i am not exactly sure what meteor bot is. This information is very interesting to me and it is a great topic.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Witty, snarky retorts are not my style: Facts and proof should always prevail over sensationalism.
Something I vaguely remember about ATS......oh yes Deny Ignorance.
Indeed.
Check for yourselves if there is large increase.
And if it's cloudy at your home, you can listen to the radio noise they make as they ionize the upper atmosphere.

Listen here:
The MSEC Online Meteor Radar

Rob Suggs, Bill Cooke and Jeff Anderson of the Marshall Space Flight Center Engineering Directorate have constructed an experimental "meteor radar" in Huntsville, AL, to monitor near-Earth meteoroid activity above the southeastern United States.

As meteoroids plunge through Earth's atmosphere they disintegrate at an altitude of 80 to 130 km. The fiery trails they leave behind are full of ionized gases that reflect radio waves. Amateur radio operators routinely use a layer of Earth's atmosphere called the ionosphere (which is ionized by solar ultraviolet radiation) to bounce shortwave signals over the horizon for long distance communications. Disintegrating meteoroids create a short-lived mini-ionosphere that disappears as electron and ions in the trail can recombine to form neutral molecules. But for a few seconds distant radio signals can bounce off the meteor trail, giving rise to a radar-like "ping" in receivers below.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I operate a simple apparatus from my home for monitoring meteor activity and can confirm an anomalous increase in meteor events over the last few days. Earlier this week, I posted some results to another ATS thread The Sky just went bright for a flash regarding the possibility that this activity is responsible for the flashes seen in California and Illinois.

Since 25SEP2011, the higher than expected meteor activity has continued with spurts and lulls. Early on the morning of 26SEP2011 I directly observed meteors equivalent to, approximately, 30 ZHR (meteor re-entry events per hour). The known event for this time of year, the Delta Aurigids, has an expected rate of 2 ZHR. This imples that the present meteor activity is at least 10 times higher than expected.

As of this morning (28SEP2011 @ 1427Z) the high level of meteor activity continues. I am monitoring the forward scatter of radio signals from central Mexico to North-Central Colorado, approximately 2400 km separation, at 55.251 MHz on lower side band (1 kHz above analog television channel 2 video carrier frequency).

Best regards,
Z

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Any reason to think Comet Giacobini-Zinner might just be throwing out dirty snowballs a little earlier than usual?
Saw two on Monday night. Nothing special though, just bog standard shooting stars.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

Fantastic DrZrD!
Be listening for you on meteor scatter!
Zep

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Thanks for this! It seems I missed an impressive meteor here in east-central Missouri. According to several responses on a local news station's Facebook page, it was green with a golden tail and observed by people in Illinois and Indiana as well! I have to keep a better look out this weekend

Interesting the last post I responded to concerned bright flashes in the sky too!
edit on 29-9-2011 by SpaceShaker because: extra word

top topics

join