It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminated for 500 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Money is not the evil, it's the LOVE of money that is evil. I am not sure who it was that said it, maybe Henry Kissinger, that Power is the most seductive lust of all.....

hmmm I have to disagree with Kissinger there - not the first time either... but definitely not the most seductive lust and sad that he should think so really.

Also, IMHO the LOVE of anything is not the evil. The abuse of anything perhaps or the greedy obsession but those ultimately show the pain and neediness of the abuser more than anything else. Love is the cure for evil.

IMHO there is only LOVE and DOUBT not LOVE and EVIL and certainly not LOVE IN EVIL.

But everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinions. I could be wrong, won't be the first time

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is a good type of discussion, about history and how it influences today's predicament.

Just keep reading and looking under rocks.

So my post isn't pointless, I'll go ahead and post a link or two.
wiki list of jesuit superior generals

Interesting list there, with many links to other related history.

An interesting example is Claudio Acquaviva

Claudio Acquaviva (14 September 1543 – 31 January 1615) was an Italian Jesuit priest elected in 1581 the 5th Superior General of the Society of Jesus. He often referred to as the second founder of the Jesuit Order

This is a part I found rather revealing of how cunning this guy really was.

He successfully quelled a revolt among the Spanish Jesuits, which was supported by Philip II, and he made use in this matter of Parsons. In a very rare case of the convocation of a General Congregation being imposed on a Superior General (GC V, of 1593) Aquaviva's ways or working were forcefully challenged, but his openness and genuine humility won him the Delegates' hearts and he came out of the ordeal completely vindicated. A more difficult task was the management of Sixtus V, who was hostile to the Society. By consummate tact and boldness Acquaviva succeeded in playing the king against the pope, and Sixtus against Philip. For prudential reasons, he silenced Juan de Mariana, whose doctrine on tyrannicide had produced deep indignation in France; and he also appears to have discountenanced the action of the French Jesuits in favour of the League, and was thus able to secure solid advantages when Henry IV. overcame the confederacy.

What's "Tyrannicide" and why did he silence people promoting it?

Tyrannicide literally means the killing of a tyrant, or one who has committed the act. Typically, the term is taken to mean the killing or assassination of tyrants for the common good.

Oh, that's why?

What else was this guy up to?

During his period as General, the already worldwide Jesuit Missions grew in India and Japan were established in China under Alessandro Valignano. Acquaviva saw missions established in Paraguay and Canada and he promoted them throughout Protestant Europe, in particular to English Recusants during the Elizabethan Age.

Global imperialism of the 1580s. Who was he turning against who in Asia and the Americas? Keep in mind, this was 200 years before the American revolution. wiki early modern period. wiki late middle ages

He appears to have had the longest reign as Superior General of anyone on the list.

Oh and check out this : House of Medici wiki

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Money is not the evil, it's the LOVE of money that is evil. I am not sure who it was that said it, maybe Henry Kissinger, that Power is the most seductive lust of all.....

I believe the Kissinger quote regarding power is this:"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."

Ahhh Ok, that one I can swallow easier. Since an aphrodisiac is used to treat symptoms inhibiting a natural flow, I could see how POWERing through a blockage would be an ultimate treatment of such symptoms.
The all too common treating of the symptoms instead of identifying the root cause of the problem.

As for the Jesuits, Foucault's Pendulum has a different take on this, and the flow of power throughout the 500 years - I love both of these ideas - thanks!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Absolutely fabulous thread! I hate to throw a novel into a discussion of a serious topic such as this, but have you read "The Last Templar"? Great read, although I haven't fact checked. Here is a link to a page on the author's website, which gives a history of the Templar's, Cathars etc...
www.raymondkhoury.com...
Cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Logged in just to S+F, and I don't even read illuminati threads.. Fascinating, thank you.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I did enjoy your thread, nicely put together, but it is necessary for me to point out a very important fact which is that Adam Weishaupt and the Illuminati are not Jesuits. In fact they are mortal enemies. What really pushed me to make this post is the last quote there you had by Thomas Jefferson. When he attacked the Jesuits it was not an attack upon the Illuminati.

Thomas Jefferson to Reverend James Madison, January 31, 1800
“I have lately by accident got a sight of a single volume (the 3d.) of the Abbe Barruel's Antisocial conspiracy, which gives me the first idea I have ever had of what is meant by the Illuminatism against which "illuminate Morse" as he is now called, & his ecclesiastical & monarchical associates have been making such a hue and cry. Barruel's own parts of the book are perfectly the ravings of a Bedlamite. But he quotes largely from Wishaupt whom he considers as the founder of what he calls the order. As you may not have had an opportunity of forming a judgment of this cry of "mad dog" which has been raised against his doctrines, I will give you the idea I have formed from only an hour's reading of Barruel's quotations from him, which you may be sure are not the most favorable. Wishaupt seems to be an enthusiastic Philanthropist. He is among those (as you know the excellent Price and Priestley also are) who believe in the indefinite perfectibility of man. He thinks he may in time be rendered so perfect that he will be able to govern himself in every circumstance so as to injure none, to do all the good he can, to leave government no occasion to exercise their powers over him, & of course to render political government useless.” – Thomas Jefferson

So why would Thomas Jefferson on the one hand attack the Jesuits as the most vile people on Earth then on the other praise their leader, Weishaupt? It would make no sense unless Weishaupt’s Illuminati is not the continuation of the Jesuits, or we can assume Jefferson did not understand this at the time. My suspicion is that he did not know the sinister intent of the Illuminati but did know they were not the Jesuits. I suspect his ignorance on the issue only because I pray that he was not involved in it himself.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by demonologist842012
This is a great post and i absolutely love it. Everything seemed to be correct. I am ver familiar with illuminati and was sort of a part of it at one time. I am not saying i am illuminati but i have great knowledge of it.

It would be greatly appreciated if you felt you could share some of that knowledge with us.

Do you have any thoughts to share on the Jesuits?

I know they have done some great things as well....and run many universities.

Greg has interviewed a few, and there are some who wish to break away , but feel trapped, and feel they have no where to run to. Some have said that you cannot leave the Jesuits and live. Do you agree with this?

Thank you for any information you feel you can share.
edit on 28-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Only way out of this club is in a bodybag.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
reply to post by gabby2011

I recently found this site as well and I have to say that I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned on ATS more... Seems like it would been kinda like a conspiracy theorists bible.

yep..it is a huge site..with the most info I've ever seen, and some good stuff too.. it has been referred to on here a few times..but I'm surprised as well it isn't referred to more..

when I first found it..I spent many months reading stuff.. and only scratched the surface... a lot of it has gotten a little jarbled in my brain .. and I need to refresh at times.

check out what they have under secret military weapons..

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Lot's of good comments already, thanks for contributing everybody. I'm not sure that I buy into the All Roads Lead to Rome argument completely. I'm more of a believer that the Church was influenced by the Simonites from the beginning.

As far as Ignatius denying that he as a member of the Alumbrados, being one in the open wasn't really a good idea, of course he would deny it.

And Adam Weishaupt was not a Jesuit, I agree, they were banned when he created the Bavarian Illuminati. Why were they banned? For manipulating governments. If there was an open connection of Adam Weishaupt being a supporter of the Jesuits then the Jesuit goal to hide in the shadows would be crippled. They have been kicked out of almost every country on the planet for being manipulative, I don't think being connected to a secret society when they came back would go over very well.

As a matter of fact the thing that first got me interested in conspiracy was seeing both Bush and Kerry admit that they were part of the same secret society. In public they were very opposed to each other, on the opposite side of the fence, but as it turned out they were both on the same side. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...I have a hard time believing that it is a horse, even if the duck told me so. Politicians always fight each other in public and hang out together in private, look at all the people involved in the Council on Foreign Relations. It's both the right and the left, one side says 'no more war,' the other side says, 'war' either way you end up with war because the both sides secretly want the same thing. That's kind of the idea of having a secretive group.

And Misoir, my initial reaction would be that Jefferson wasn't really in the know when it came Weishaupt. It sounds more like he was just giving his opinion based on what he had heard about him, at least that's what I got from the quote you gave. Of course all I am doing is giving my opinion on him as well, I guess I'm kind of doing the same thing, but my opinions of him aren't so favorable. Hindsight's 20-20 maybe?
edit on 28-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Hey guys.Fantastic thread. I have some other sources of information that supplement and compliment all of this history.

1st is a book called " A Women Rides The Beast " by Dave Hunt. It is not exclusively about the jesuits or Illuminati - more focused on the brutal history of the Roman Catholic church - in which most of these other derivatives originate. It is extremely well documented.

2nd is a DVD series called Amazing Discoveries - Total Onslaught series - episodes 211 and 212 specifically discuss secret societies. The link is provided below.

amazingdiscoveries.tv...

It is boggling to realise how much control and influence these groups have OVER THE WHOLE WORLD. What is even more frightening about this all is the SPIRITUAL POWER behind all of these societies.
edit on 29-9-2011 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
Lot's of good comments already, thanks for contributing everybody. I'm not sure that I buy into the All Roads Lead to Rome argument completely. I'm more of a believer that the Church was influenced by the Simonites from the beginning.

As far as Ignatius denying that he as a member of the Alumbrados, being one in the open wasn't really a good idea, of course he would deny it.

And Adam Weishaupt was not a Jesuit, I agree, they were banned when he created the Bavarian Illuminati. Why were they banned? For manipulating governments. If there was an open connection of Adam Weishaupt being a supporter of the Jesuits then the Jesuit goal to hide in the shadows would be crippled. They have been kicked out of almost every country on the planet for being manipulative, I don't think being connected to a secret society when they came back would go over very well.

As a matter of fact the thing that first got me interested in conspiracy was seeing both Bush and Kerry admit that they were part of the same secret society. In public they were very opposed to each other, on the opposite side of the fence, but as it turned out they were both on the same side. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...I have a hard time believing that it is a horse, even if the duck told me so. Politicians always fight each other in public and hang out together in private, look at all the people involved in the Council on Foreign Relations. It's both the right and the left, one side says 'no more war,' the other side says, 'war' either way you end up with war because the both sides secretly want the same thing. That's kind of the idea of having a secretive group.

And Misoir, my initial reaction would be that Jefferson wasn't really in the know when it came Weishaupt. It sounds more like he was just giving his opinion based on what he had heard about him, at least that's what I got from the quote you gave. Of course all I am doing is giving my opinion on him as well, I guess I'm kind of doing the same thing, but my opinions of him aren't so favorable. Hindsight's 20-20 maybe?
edit on 28-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

HERE IS ONE INTERESTING THING about bush/kerry and skull in bones

Skulls and Bones is the secret society founded at Yale University in New Haven, CT.

i Confirmed: Yale has some of the most ROMANESQUE architecture of any university in the world and probably tops in the USA

322 is their secret code

322 is what Proto says when Caesar arose from his injuries since he didn't die. I personally also believe it could refer to when Templars were excommunicated from Vatican( like "remember 322", which would imply a connection b/w the skulls and the templars..not just some nebulous illuminati term)
..most know the saying "beware the ides of march" - 315

so basically Yale is very ROMAN in its design and we know loads of CIA are skulls

we also know from history that the Templars were not only the 1st international bankers, we know they were heavily involved in encryption, codes, etc with this

isn't it obvious, all Roads Lead the the Templars

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

I also think the Templars are major players, and for the same reason that you do, not only that they were fighters but more importantly they were bankers. I'm think it's very possible that one of the places the Templars escaped to when they were persecuted was what became Switzerland, the banking capital of the world and home of the Bank of International Settlements. I think it's interesting that Julius II who was allied with the most powerful banking family in Europe, the Medici's, brought in the Swiss Guard to defend himself. I've often wondered if the Swiss Guard are modern Templar's.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The LOVE of money needs to be replaced by the LOVE of the fellow person.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
reply to post by SuperTripps

I also think the Templars are major players, and for the same reason that you do, not only that they were fighters but more importantly they were bankers. I'm think it's very possible that one of the places the Templars escaped to when they were persecuted was what became Switzerland, the banking capital of the world and home of the Bank of International Settlements. I think it's interesting that Julius II who was allied with the most powerful banking family in Europe, the Medici's, brought in the Swiss Guard to defend himself. I've often wondered if the Swiss Guard are modern Templar's.

absolutely...i think you are finally getting it. I have for years been on the path to discovering what we all know was lingering inside that something has been controlled by an unseen hand. at 1st you took similar paths like us all whether egyptians or the myths or ancient aliens..or the vatican, etc, pinning your hopes on 1 or the other. then since the 2008 crisis folks were taught about some banking cabal or federal reserve...or some rothschild family, etc

then hopeful you are now broadening your vision and realizing that proto unlocked the missing key that connects it all..and it was there so obvious the whole time as a solidifying overriding theme as to why some NWO would be continually pursued like how they are trying to still save EUROPE this week..to the point of massive printing of money in SIV's and levering it up...so that all of europe will go down together as recession takes foot...and guaranteeing collapse and unity.

and yes, templar money set up switzerland..u see it on right on the flags of most of europe. not only does some of the best refined gold come out of the swiss..but they were the longest neutral nation out there..with the best banking system with real gold behind it. they had great secrecy laws...and helped rich people hide money.

now they are giving into ROME, eh..the US..they are opening up the books because USA helped bail out their banks..and rome needs the taxes. oh..the death knell...the swiss central bank is now gonna print money to infinity...devaluing the swiss franc. the hit in gold a few weeks ago directly came out of this manipulative behavior and was a hit job on gold holders with franc holders..because the swiss franc was the last currency not being devalued. that is all changed. so you see the TOP is turning on each other..or its part of the same end game jig of creative destruction

we now know who "the bankers" we hate are. they ARE the modern day facade of the worldwide Templars, whether by family blood, religion, or alliance.

they are the folks who took over the country in 1913 and put us on this path of perpetual war, creative destruction, corporatocracy, etc.

they are the federal reserve..but they are so much more than that..beyond that. in between that..within it. without it
banking, law, cia..thats all they need to be in to control everything

we know this because every time there is trouble, the banks are bailed out. the rich are bailed out. the stock market is bailed out, etc. we should also know the stock market is a ponzi scheme full of shysters and inside info and a perpetual money machine for insiders. we also know that the BANKS themselves are MARKET MAKERS in the stocks and commodities out there. they rule how much we pay for gas for example and they guarantee that front running occurs in an asset so that the early money always wins with the right horse no matter the game

i know most folks don't get it and can't put it together...but someday you will. you'll see why and how the templars made their money and ruled within and without rome...and how they had to go to america and why they were here before columbus...and that columbus himself had the mark..you know..X marks the spot

someday it will make sense- i promise

god pray there is a faction within the whole thing who cares about real people within it
edit on 30-9-2011 by SuperTripps because: additional comments

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Genealogy and history often go hand in hand. I have suspected the Templar's were major players for a long time, mainly through and because of my interest and research in genealogy.

I will use only one Templar Knight and show bloodline connection to many of the powerful, the wealthy, and those closest to the Kings of the day:

Robert De ROS of Furfan (Sir Knight)

Born: ABT 1177

Died: BEF 23 Dec 1226/7

Buried: 1227, Temple Church, London, London, England

Notes: Magna Charta Surety, 1215, Knight Templar, was born in 1177. When only 15 years of age he had paid a thousand marks' fine for livery of his lands. In 1197, when aged twenty years and while with the King of Normandy, he was arrested. He was committed to the custody of Hugh de Spiney who allowed him to escape out of the Castle of Bonville. King Richard thereupon hanged de Spiney and collected a fine of twelve hundred marks, about eight hundred pounds, from Ros's guardian as the price of his continued freedom. When John become King, he gave young Ros the whole Barony of his great grandmother's father, Walter d'Espec, as conciliation. ABT the 14th year of King John's reign, Robert assumed the habit of a monk, whereupon the custody of all his lands and Castle Werke, were committed to Phillip d'Ulcote. However, Robert did not continue long as a recluse, as in about a year he was executing the office of high sheriff of county Cumberland. At the beginning of the struggle of the Barons for constitutional government, he at first sided with King John and, in consequence, obtained some valuable grants from the Crown. He was made governor of Carlisle, but was later won over by the Barons. He returned to his allegience in the reign of Henry III and in 1217/8 his manors were restored to him. Although he was a witness to the second Great Charter and the forest Charter of 1224, he seems to have been in favor with the King. Ros erected the Castles of Hemsley, or Hamlake, in Yorkshire, and of Werke, in Northumberland. He was a member of the Order of Knights Templar. He did in 1226/7 and was buried "in his proper habit" in the Knights' Church, or the New Temple in London, where his tomb may be seen.

this man married Isabel of Scotland, daughter of William the Lion of Scotland (interesting history there as well)

He had 3 children with her. In the following generations many of the males were Knights intermarrying with other noble families of Vaux, Badlemere, Audley, Stafford, Clare, Arundel, Percy, Plantagenet, and other powerful families. Add to this all the females marrying into other powerful noble families.... many of them Knights of other names besides Templar as in Knight of Order of the Garter, Order of the Bath, King's Champions and so it goes

If you know a bit about history you will find the above families whether associated or rivals were all powerful and bearing title of Lord, Baron, Earl, Sheriff, members of Privy Council, Yeoman of the Guard, Warder of the Tower, Master of the Horse etc etc etc

You can also find connections to occult bloodlines, however many if not most of said descendents bore surnames that hid the family origins.

So goes the ancestry of ONLY ONE Templar knight.

His descendents can be found on both sides of most conflicts through the ages in England as well as prominent families in colonial America, such as Meriweather Lewis. Colonial names like Lewis, Carver, Rush, Reade, Skinner, Drake, Washington, Warner and more all share this common ancestor.

Could it REALLY be JUST a coincidence you can also find all these historical colonial names in powerful positions in many previous generations of England which were completely UNRELATED to Templar Knight Ros in his lifetime?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is a good bit on the templars banking history and the certain priviledges that were granted to them during their existance.

Knights Templar Banking

Knights Templar Banking History
The Knights Templar Order became an extremely powerful entity during the Middle Ages. When a man joined the Knights Templar he took an oath of poverty and his wealth and lands were donated to the Knights Templar order. The first donation of land was given to the Templars in 1127 by Count Thybaud of Champagne at Barbonne-Fayel, fifty kilometres north-west of Troyes. Further donations of money and land were given to the Knights Templar order by nobles and Kings. The Knights Templar were also given certain privileges, for example, King Alfonso I of Spain granted the Knights Templar exemption of tax on a fifth of the wealth taken from the Moors. Various Popes also gave privileges to the order. The Knights Templar order therefore became extremely wealthy and became involved in Knights Templar Banking activities.

Source

I have traced my family back to templar roots and they are very interesting....now if i could just get hold of my rightful fortune....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

once you realize templars were warriors, clerics, pre-cia agents, and bankers...not hard to realize they had and still have a major influence today. don't believe it? just look at the insignia the british royal family wears or the churches they go to.

for those wanting to do more DD, google jordan maxwell and check out his material or videos

same with bill cooper--has a whole series people have put online from his radio show covering this stuff

very interesting video from Jordan Maxwell, Alex jones a few years ago

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join