It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Governor Bev Purdue Calls to Suspend Congressional Elections? (No right to vote)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Statement: Generation Opportunity President Calls on North Carolina Governor Bev Purdue to Apologize for Call to Suspend Congressional Elections, Which Would Deny Americans The Fundamental Right to Vote

Is this a test run? Are they trying to see what the American people will do if their right to vote is 'Suspended?' on a small scale? Of course we all know that if voting rights are put on hold, they will be tabled indefinitely and will never return to the rightful owners...the people. And then if it works on a small scale, why not the entire Nation?

I just can't believe that an elected official came up with this. I'm sure there are a lot of these politicians that would love to have the title of 'Dictator for life' is my guess. Or she was told to test the waters for future reference.

www.prnewswire.com... o-suspend-congressional-elections-which-would-deny-americans-the-fundamental-right-to-vote-130675008.html

WASHINGTON, Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Generation Opportunity, a national organization engaging young Americans ages 18-29 to encourage greater participation in the democratic process, is calling on North Carolina Governor Bev Purdue to apologize following a comment she made today at a Cary, North Carolina Rotary Club in which she suggested that Congressional elections should be suspended.

Suspend elections? WTH? Nice way to avoid the politician unemployment line I suppose.

"You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things. I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover.

Won't hold it against them? What does that even mean? In other words, this crazy woman wants to give free reign to congress with no recourse whatsoever. I take it back, crazy doesn't even begin to describe this woman.

The response:

"Elected officials in both parties should understand that they work for and were hired by the people, and that voters have invested their trust in them. This is a fundamental cornerstone of our democracy. The suggestion that a citizen's right to vote should in any way be taken away is a disservice to every American

Very PC in the wording IMO. 'Disservice?' How about absolutely insulting?

Be vigilant...

edit on 27-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When elections are suspended the citizens will rise up in arms. This is fascism...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thutmose
When elections are suspended the citizens will rise up in arms. This is fascism...

I would like to think so as well but unfortunately it won't be enough yet.

I just can't believe this woman even suggested it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jude11

already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn! Long time since I got caught on a duplicate post...

Did the whole search thing as well.

Thanks anyway.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You know why right? She's under investigation. Doesn't surprise me.

Saves me a wasted trip to vote for someone I want elected and never wins.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i aint judgin done it myself too many times

great subject matter tho

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't see the issue here. As I've stated many times before, we need to just let Obama appoint our representatives. After all, it's so much easier than voting, right? /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jude11

i aint judgin done it myself too many times

great subject matter tho

Yeah, the subject should be repeated several times a day until everyone gets the message IMO. Too often an issue like this gets swept under the rug by another 2012 thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Doubt it would happen anytime soon, However nothing surprises me anymore with this idiot politicians

new topics

top topics

join