It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covered up for years - Pakistan military tied to deadly 2007 ambush on U.S. officers, Afghan officia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

KABUL, Afghanistan — A group of American military officers and Afghan officials had just finished a five-hour meeting with their Pakistani hosts in a village schoolhouse settling a border dispute when they were ambushed — by the Pakistanis.

An American major was killed and three American officers were wounded, along with their Afghan interpreter, in what fresh accounts from the Afghan and American officers who were there reveal was a complex, calculated assault by a nominal ally. The Pakistanis opened fire on the Americans, who returned fire before escaping in a blood-soaked Black Hawk helicopter.

The attack, in Teri Mangal on May 14, 2007, was kept quiet by Washington, which for much of a decade has seemed to play down or ignore signals that Pakistan would pursue its own interests, or even sometimes behave as an enemy.

.....Another reason not to stay in the Middle East.

I find it interesting that this event is released at a time like this. US-Pak relations have been going down pretty fast within the past few months, atleast from what I see. Just a few days ago, Sen. Lindsey Graham said "All options are on the table for Pakistan.", Then Pakistan also said they will not attack the militant group tied to the Kabul embassy attack. Here's 2 threads about the Pakistan-US situation that came out just a day ago

USA and Pakistan on the brink? Causing Troop Movement, Defcon 1, Denver, and Miltary Exercises?

Pakistani airforce on red alert, expecting possible American action

The second thread has a good amount of recent articles linked.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I just read this...

Am I to understand that one lied and the other swore by it?? Pakistan AND the US both agreed to keep their mouths shut??! WTF????

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Setting the stage....
When something happens....
like 911
We will know...
who to go after...
Stories like this....staged, so we'll get mad and agree to war.
I remember when Nukes went missing...
hmmmmm

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

More Drums for war eh?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

so we'll get mad and agree to war

That is what Im afraid of. It just seems too convenient to release this story at this time with everything going on with the US and Pakistan. It seems as if they are trying to slowly build up our anger and hate until it reaches the breaking point.
edit on 27-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Pakistan Accountablity Act.

Looks like the faucet will be cut off. Who would vote against it?

We all know what happens next.

www.thehindu.com...
edit on 27-9-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

EDIT: the article says HR 3013 but I can't find anything in 3013 that even mentions pakistan?

I believe it is a real bill somewhere but they got the numbers wrong.
edit on 27-9-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong
And Pakistan is already getting offers from China to replace whatever funding US cuts off.
Pakistan Scrambles for New Allies as Split With US Seems Likely

Anger against Pakistan does seem to be purposely ramped up in the media. Maybe we need a new forum topic called US War With Pakistan

edit on 27-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join