It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now, Bomb Squad called to the local Islamic worship center.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Live on the scene folks they got full gear on and in the building now so only time will tell goodnight folks if its my time its my time but I got to be at work in less than 7 hours so im hitting the sack so if I get woke up early by a big bang I will let everyone know!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I would not think that Muslims would blow up Muslims....

I think it would be some "good ole boy" from the country or something with a grudge..That was my first thought.....

Was Ted Kzynski(spelling?) a Muslim?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WEALLNEED2KNOW

Thank you for that update.

See you later.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah im with you man I think It is somebody with a grudge or somebody playing a prank dont see a good enough reason to try to blow up a few muslims for no good reason cause the only ones that go up there are doctors to pray from what I can tell anyways!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It looks like we made channel four news. No new info as of yet.

Officials investigating bomb threat at Islamic Center in Centralia, Illinois

(KMOV) – Officials are investigating a bomb threat and suspicious package at the Islamic Center in Centralia, Illinois.

The incident was reported shortly after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, and police have blocked of at least one street and have evacuated some residents in the area.

It is unclear if anyone was in the Islamic Center at the time.

More information will be provided as it becomes available.

www.kmov.com/news/just-p osted/Officials-investigating-bomb-threat-at-Islamic-Center-in-Centralia-Illinois-130676093.html

Just to make it clear Centralia and Central City is side by side? connected by the highway. It is really in Central City limits.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The girlfriend and her friend just went to the gas station and they said it was all clear.

Except for all of the "official's" vehicles

ETA:Nothing like a bomb scare to keep you on your toes.

I am glad you were right Getready.......I still have not heard the whole story yet

edit on 27-9-2011 by liejunkie01 because: ETA;

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Good practice. Good run through. You think you were on your toes, imagine how the officials in a sleepy little town felt!! All of a sudden it's game day!!

Glad you got the all clear. Probably just an abandoned box.

I did find several google hits on your Islamic Center there. Several big name Islamic authorities and pundits have come through that particular location. Seems you have a fairly influential Islamic Center in a rural area? Perhaps the authorities are aware of some real threats from the past?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join