It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now, Bomb Squad called to the local Islamic worship center.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I just got home from work. My small town is virtually shut down....Some friends are over now because they were told to leave their house.

There was a report of a suspicious package at the Islamic center......I have few details as of yet......They shut the power off and I am only 4 blocks away. I do not want to take pics of a crime scene....Sorry.....I do not feel like being detained right now........

I live in a small town in the midwest........I cannot believe this is going down........WTF....

Looking for news now, but it is happening now.
edit on 27-9-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Edit to add Below Posted as original submission was blank no links no txt apologies elf
..................................................................................................

Please provide at least an link,
details of country,

which radio tv station you heard it on and what time?

kind regards

elf
edit on 27-9-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Found this:

An area 300 feet around the Islamic Center at 224 South Broadway in Central City has been evacuated after a suspicious package was found in the bushes of the center. Central City Mayor John Johnston says there has been no note found and no threats have been made. He emphasizes the action is being taken as a precaution. A bomb squad has been called out of Effingham to investigate the package. Johnston speculates the package may have been dropped off at the center's food pantry next door and someone picked it up and later discarded it in the bushes. Northbound U.S. 51 is being detoured around the center. The box was located just around five pm. The evacuation and traffic rerouting began a short time later. Stay tuned to WJBD and watch WJBDradio.com for further updates.

www.wjbdradio.com...

edit on 27/9/2011 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If its the US and its the only bomb squad incident in 60 minutes (besides middle east afghan etc)

its just fishy foil!!!

Police say a bomb squad called to the world's busiest airport found something fishy about the unclaimed luggage at Atlanta's international airport — spicy fish wrapped up in aluminum foil.
Atlanta Journal?

Kind Regards,

If the above nothing to see here,
Move on,
Keep on Fishing!

Elf

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked
Found this:

An area 300 feet around the Islamic Center at 224 South Broadway in Central City has been evacuated after a suspicious package was found in the bushes of the center. Central City Mayor John Johnston says there has been no note found and no threats have been made. He emphasizes the action is being taken as a precaution. A bomb squad has been called out of Effingham to investigate the package. Johnston speculates the package may have been dropped off at the center's food pantry next door and someone picked it up and later discarded it in the bushes. Northbound U.S. 51 is being detoured around the center. The box was located just around five pm. The evacuation and traffic rerouting began a short time later. Stay tuned to WJBD and watch WJBDradio.com for further updates.

www.wjbdradio.com...

Thats it. Thank you for the info, you gotta love WJBD.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
terrorizing of muslims and their places of worships has been increasing at least for the past 10 yrs,

its eventually gonna hit death toll proportions, just a matter of time in our hateful police state.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The article I posted above was published to the web about a hour ago. So the electricity grid for the surrounding area has been shut off? How large of a area?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

My friends that are over said that their power is still off.........They were told to leave about 30 minutes ago.

I think it is probably the immediate area around the center.........A few blocks it seems. They told them it will be about 4 hours.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

You might want to edit your post.

You just made yourself look silly

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yea earlier this year, people were protesting a mosque in the south end of my city (its in Ontario) and the people there were pulling up the race cards, not wanting it to be built as well as other issues but I think intolerance of Muslims is continually going to grow on both sides of the border.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

What the hell is this country coming to?

A discarded box in some bushes is LITTER, not bomb squad material. What happened to picking it up and shaking it a little to see what was inside?

So, the bomb squad will likely blow up a box with some outdated tuna and crackers in it meant for the homeless? Seems like a great use of resources.

Welcome to a nation of scaredy-cats and over-reactors.

For the record, when was the last time a bomb went off outside an Islamic Center in the US? Am I missing something here? Is this stuff happening all the time and I just haven't noticed? Is there some reason for all this irrational fear, or is it just to keep funding the war on terror and fancy toys for the police departments?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Smurfwicked

My friends that are over said that their power is still off.........They were told to leave about 30 minutes ago.

I think it is probably the immediate area around the center.........A few blocks it seems. They told them it will be about 4 hours.

I've never been close to a bomb threat outside of the ones we used to get in school. But its standard procedure for to turn off all 2 way radios, cell phones and the bell system. I haven't ever heard of electric power being turned off though.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Central City, Illinois

Population 1371?

Is there "bomb squad" a trash can, and an M-80?

Is this the correct city?

The racial makeup of the village was 94.97% White, 1.82% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.22% Asian, 0.15% Pacific Islander, 0.58% from other races, and 2.04% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.48% of the population.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed?

Am I missing something?

I am on your side man.

Did you get some info that I did'nt,,,,seriously?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

LOL!

Nothing against you, it is breaking news, and I always love reports from someone on the scene! Great Thread.

Just a sorry excuse for what is "news" these days, and I can't believe we (collectively) are reacting to a box in the bushes in this manner these days.

If you walked by a church or a mosque, and you saw a discarded box in some bushes, would you alert the authorities? Or would you ignore it? Or would you pick it up and shake it? (I'm a shaker, LOL!)

A briefcase was left in the lobby of our building and nobody noticed for 3 days. When they finally noticed, they evacuated the building and called a bomb squad? Why do we assume BOMB, instead of assuming someone misplaced a briefcase?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Couldnt agree more this whole thing an bomb outside an Islamic Center reminds me soo much of the following film will make all who have not seen it laugh much and then much more...

FOUR LIONS

To cut the story short as such the "Agent Provocateur" an ginger white british muslim working for Mi5 persuades the others or tries to get them to blow up the local mosque to blame it on the "west" and start an all out war.

Maybe in this case an Afghany left his Bhatti flour in an bag after giving some food to the growing members of the hungry, and will be sent to guantanimo for "having the means" to create an bomb.

Hey ho need to keep up the alerts and training to justify Homeland budgets eh.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Couldnt agree more this whole thing an bomb outside an Islamic Center reminds me soo much of the following film will make all who have not seen it laugh much and then much more..

So,,,,,,the authorities showing up at your house and letting you know there is a bomb right up the road and you should leave immediately is funny?

Seriously,,,,this is a conspiracy website and this is news around here.......

Please if you are not interested, then visit other threads for your amusement.....

For us around here it is not laughing matter at the moment......I hope it is only a box........But that is not the "story" around here.....

ETA: should leave immediately.......instead of need to leave.........

Time will tell..
edit on 27-9-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Come on, I'm from a small town too. Population 4500. My Mom had a grease fire once, and we heard the fire department sound its alarm at the station. All 3 firetrucks showed up, along with the city police, and a sheriff's car. And that was after my Mom had told them on the phone that the fire was already out, we just needed the attic checked.

The article from the Radio Station says...

Johnston speculates the package may have been dropped off at the center's food pantry next door and someone picked it up and later discarded it in the bushes.

What are the chances this is actually a bomb?

At my work, we have had "white powder scares" and abandoned briefcases, and even a person arrested for loitering outside the doors and holding a picture of someone he was apparently waiting for.

I'm sorry if you are upset and concerned, I didn't realize you thought this might be a bomb. But I have to ask, why would you think it is a bomb? How many bombs have gone off in your town? How many bombs have gone off in your state? (OK, there was an explosion in Chicago last week.) How many Islamic Centers in the US have been bombed? Why would they pick a little center in your town?

When irrational fear strikes, try to put it into perspective with experience, statistics, logic, etc. I have to do that every time I fly, and I have a pilot's license!!

Since your scared, I hope all is well. Everything is going to be fine. This will all be a laughing matter tomorrow. Tell your friends I empathize with the power going out, my dam internet has been going in and out all weekend and it sucks.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Not at all I am sorry,

You obviously (maybe not given the following) have taken that entirely out of context, the nature of the net and no secondary normal communication ie inflection etc....

The idea that any Muslims would blow up there own mosque is so against (outside of sectarianism usch as in Iraq etc) any Muslim Terrorist organisation modus operandi, it was parodied in the film I linked.

No i do not think people being concerned or scared is not important.

However the fear is THEIR own, and they accept the priming of it by the MSM.

Please show me any bombs that have gone of in the USA by any Muslims?

Or even from another country?

Mackvie was the last if I am right?

So I was just highlighting the parody, of how we all live in this situation and jump to conclusions because we have been anchored and primed to react as many do in this situation, as soon as any "breaking News" "Mosque Bomb" happens....

It is clearly shown in the film, I suggest you and your neighbors download it later, let this event bring you closer, break the emotional fear and release it with an good laugh and some different perspectives on what you just experience.

And I truley do wish you and your neighbours well tonight, though I have little fear anything is coming of this... just like being delayed on Highway on way home as an spill... routine, just paperwork and procedures etc....

Kind Regards,

Elf

PS I dont think you are able to specify who posts in reponce to your threads, thats the nature of ATS mods discretion if removed etc...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

why would you think it is a bomb? How many bombs have gone off in your town? How many bombs have gone off in your state? (OK, there was an explosion in Chicago last week.) How many Islamic Centers in the US have been bombed? Why would they pick a little center in your town?

I would like to answer this but first I can say that I am not affraid of it. I am down a hill a bit and I think we will be ok, if by chance it is something......I just can not believe that I drove by the Bomb Sqaud "special whatever force".(there are so many names now who cares)......with half(most) of the fire dept, and police squad.....That caught me off of my guard. Ya know?

Back to your question,,,,, The thing that makes me think "bomb" is all of the commotion............The roads are still blocked, even now.......

I have no idea why anybody would want to do this,,,,,,maybe false flag

I was wondering who the hell would even think of this place when they would think like that............There is always a first for things....Just because it has'nt happened yet, does not mean it won't or can't(lol)......

There are people watching on the road......lol this is crazy......

new topics

<<   2 >>

join