It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dooms day, 26th & 27th, Elenin, and Transendance, what happend?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Y'know I'm going to go right ahead and post a theory which I've been developing over the last few weeks.. Bear with me, it's in it's initial stages...

These people (I'm going to affectionately christen them '*') who are now ranting because the doomsayers were wrong are getting mighty worked up over something they could just as easily ignore..

Perhaps... and brace yourself for this MAMMOTH insight.. but perhaps there's a part of them that deep down in their darkest recesses wanted something terrible to happen.. and now it hasn't, they're having trouble dealing with it.

Theories need proof though right?
Okay well I don't have 'proof' per se, but that fact that 99% of them can quote elenin threads WORD FOR WORD, gives me the impression that perhaps they've taken much more of an interest in it, than they've let on...

The fact that their own rants are generally accompanied by an injured tone, almost the kind of sulking a 4 year old would do.

Furthermore, during my studies, I have noticed a massive trend towards calling people who have posted about doom scenarios delightful names like 'elenintards' again adding to the evidence that these people have taken these threads, less as warnings, and more as personal insults...

And all because the world didn't end.
Makes you wonder who is sorrier... the people who warned of something bad happening.. or the people having tantrums because it didn't..

*ponders*

edit on 27-9-2011 by Deplume because: Removed the term 'Asshats' :3

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
reply to post by Deplume

But why not address the 800 pound gorilla in the room? Nothing happened !! The OP stated his opinion, but nothing contradicted facts. Nothing happened, but nobody wants to acknowledge this fact.

NOTHING HAPPENED! ok I just acknowledged it...can we move on now?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

The reason I will agree that this is a lazy thread, is because he didn't out the repeat offenders of the
stupid moronic time wasting threads about specific dates of doom.

ATS should award a skull and bones symbol for every op that predicts some retarded event on a specific date.
Then when I come across a new thread, I will see that the person has 3 skull and bones symbols by their name, and move on to something else.

Yes, I am lazy. I normally look to find Phage's post and it will determine if the skull and bones are present.

There are a lot of good, and informative threads being created all the time...I don't have time to waste on the skull and bones posters! Not to mention that I hate to see ATS lose credibility with these waste of time fanciful threads written from the darkest regions of intellectually challenged imaginations.

When you play an online game, you have the option to "block" people. You never hear from them again. Do we have that option here? I will gladly take my chances that someone I blocked isn't going to be the person that meets ET first on our planet....if we do nothing...these people just keep moving the date ahead and try again.

There, that is a rant for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i could not correlate all the doomsday scenarios from the 'ELEnin' comet threads,
i guess it wa overwhelming...here on ATS and that junk forum GLP (evidently designed for that junk)

perhaps it was the number of threads making outrageous claims... or perhaps because i only scanned perhaps 1% of all the 'elenin' conspiracies out there in the web-o-sphere, as i thought it was a waste of time to begin with....

but creative thoughts and presentations can be made in hoax/crap threads... just look at the 'TITOR' longevity

a bunch of creative BS, but entertaining... which is a lot more than i can say about the 'elenin' spiel...
which gets a D- or F grade in my book... even thought i did not pour through all the threads out there to any degree of detail or discovery that might even approach an assigned Lawyers diligence in serving as a court appointed lawyer to an accused (and indigent) person

elenin... should not become a closed book...but used as a precident in bringing falacy & wishful thinking into the light of scrutiny by peers

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree with the OP that people go overboard with these EOTW threads, but it's the 27th right now and anything could happen in the next few hours. He should have posted this after the 28th, there's no telling what can happen at any single moment. The Japan earthquake happend at like 1am in the morning where I live.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

(This better not get a warning for being 'off-topic'... it makes Waaaay more sense than some people around here at the moment, and it's totally an abstract warning about heeding false warnings. Probably.)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I'm loving this. This is why I read this stuff. I'm highly amused at the defensiveness and backpedaling. Schadenfreude can be sweet.Some of the best comedy can be found here !

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The Sky is Falling...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
halebop 2.0 is hillarious. I must say thank god Halebop, was around pre ATS..

Could you imagine

just think site owners you could be driving around in bentley's

Ya the prediction threads are horrible..

The only ones that are worst thou are the I am an alien, from Xercon six thread's... Ya please talk to me I am all smart and wise, but I cannot answer a direct question without some word smithing and adjectives..

Their just kids guys, better have them here then out on the streets doing bad things or hurting themselves with teenage experimentation..

Besides I like clowning them.

One last thing.. Never ever, I mean ever, ever, take anything on ATS seriously.. Ever... I mean ever, ever ever..

Unless its the news with a decent link, or from a very respectable member, not just one who people like because their pretty or whatever...

I mean ever..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Deplume

Well stated! These are just childish, I told you so rants that belong in the rant section as the other poster stated. Note how he was quickly lashed out at by the OP in the expected juvenile manner.

Hey!, I posted this and then took off to a friends house, this is the first I have seen of any replies. last time I checked there where none,... what gives? who did I lash out at? Im confused. I admit I did get all anxiety over all the threads about dooms day and felt the let tension build, and when nothing happend I was done with following all the threads, I am just turning away, from MY personal favorite soap opera, .....doom threads. Im guilty

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Easy ,Easy everyone, cant a guy in the crowd react with a sort of anger riddled rant, (Please move,thanks), what none of the group is allowed to blow his top at being tacken to the brink of anxiety only to feel like I just relized I was out hunting for "Snipe" with a flashlight and a bag, without the rest of you losing your minds calling for the nails and some wood. You know that feeling you get when you relize it was just a big joke. Well that makes me kind of mad.
And as for basing 'All of my life" around this event, no I didnt sell my furniture, well screw me for putting a little trust in this very site the same site all of you post on and are members of, I guess jokes on me then for trusting "(YOU GUYS!"), probably the very ones who have crappy things to say about my missplaced post. (move to rants please).

Yea im mad, get over it, I like to vent through words facelessly, sue me!, Acording to some of your theories, I post because I have to much time on my hands, So what level is it those who have the time to post on top of me critisizing my post, wouldnt that make you doubled version of the very thing you call me "how lonly is the guy who calls a guy lonely for calling a guy lonely for calling a guy lonely, fish eating fish style?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
WE'RE still all HERE!!!, oh man this has been one big roller coaster ride of emotions and sky watching, Im sure we've moved the date back now, so I guess its gona be the day after the day it doesnt happen from now on then. I guess ill just keep the soup pot on my head everyday, gotta be ready for anything.

Maybe it did happen and Im just floating through space dreaming this all up, pure energy imagining his own reality, I imagine there will be some critisism now, ..wow, I guess we do create our own reality,,funny...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join