It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Book Cover Mocks Iwa Jima photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Heard of this for the 1st time today. Apparantly John Kerry's book "The New Soldier" had a cover photo of some unkept looking folks mocking the classic photo of soldiers raising the flag on Iwa Jima (7000 Americans died in that battle). Apparantly the photo raises a lot of ire in many vets.
Here is an interesting link talking about how this book has strangely become hard to find.
www.prweb.com...

I noticed that although Amazon has it they do not show the cover photo. I don't know if is valid or not. Just thought it was interesting

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Apoc]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Heard of this for the 1st time today. Apparantly John Kerry's book "The New Soldier" had a cover photo of some unkept looking folks mocking the classic photo of soldiers raising the flag on Iwa Jima (7000 Americans died in that battle). Apparantly the photo raises a lot of ire in many vets.
Here is an interesting link talking about how this book has strangely become hard to find.
www.prweb.com...

I noticed that although Amazon has it they do not show the cover photo. I don't know if is valid or not. Just thought it was interesting

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Apoc]

so let me get this straight, its a book protesting the Vietnam War but its making fun of a WWII battle? I dont think hes against WWII

new topics

join