It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a birthday request

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

We all TALK about a lot of things, but how many of us actually DO something? Most people shy away from attempting to do anything because they don't see the significance in their voice, or their actions, to make a difference.

my wife, much less cynical than I am(I think its the age difference) has a simple request for her birthday...

now its not something you can buy in the store, or make at home with materials you have laying around, its more of an effort that we can each put forth.

but for my birthday I want my family, and my friends, and my friends friends to find their humanity and make somebodies day, do something good for somebody else, and not for your own benefit.

now I am not one to use facebook much, but she is. and I know it would make her day if she saw more than just her friends attending this event. so if you have the time, check it out and maybe find a little something in her words and actually make the effort she is hoping people will make...

thanks

www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Your wife is a very beautiful woman and yes I read the FB message.

Please wish her a very happy birthday and a big Kiwi hug all the way from Australia!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yeah she has a heart of gold, and is willing to make a sacrifice for just about anyone

thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

woot

you just gave your wifes facebook page out to how many strangers???

are you NUTZ?

is this even your wife for real..? How do we know you're not playing some cruel practical joke?

I hardly think your wife wants her facebook wall full of messages from 1000's of strangers around the world..

I'd flip on my husband if he ever did that.. but then I have never had facebook..so no worries.

something seems creepy and odd about this thread..
just saying
edit on 27-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

woot

you just gave your wifes facebook page out to how many strangers???

are you NUTZ?

is this even your wife for real..? How do we know you're not playing some cruel practical joke?

I hardly think your wife wants her facebook wall full of messages from 1000's of strangers around the world..

I'd flip on my husband if he ever did that.. but then I have never had facebook..so no worries.

something seems creepy and odd about this thread..
just saying
edit on 27-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

1)

More than 800 million active users

www.facebook.com...

2) her profile is already public... I doubt the members of ATS even come close to the 800 million already able to view her profile...

3) I know for a fact that she would like to see the number of people attending be more than just the people on her friends list(she got excited about (1)ONE person she didn't know agree with it

4) nice to know you have something positive to add to the topic...

edit on 27-9-2011 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

ok..I apologize if this is legit, and you really think it would make her happy..

I hope she has a nice birthday

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

hey what the heck, ill send her a birthday wish!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

much appreciated...

more importantly is that people actually DO something nice for others for a change rather than just TALK about how much bad stuff there is in the world

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I think you have a very special wife
I'll be passing this along. Thank you for sharing this with us at ATS.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marzabeth

thanks you... all I want is for people to see that somebody wants to make a difference

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Please tell your wife Happy Birthday and let her know I will try. I am not a member of (facebook) and I never will be...so for those of us on ATS who are not members of FB.....would you please include her entire message in this thread? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm tired of reading about people killing their babies, killing their friends or family, and killing themselves because they had the audacity to be different. In a country where we're supposed to be free to be who we are, our humanity for the general human race is dissolving and it's completely disgusting. We all talk about how awful it is to hear about kids who have to go days without eating because their parents can't find work. We talk about how awful it is to hear about someone hurting a child, or killing themselves because they can't cope with the bull# they're forced to deal with on a daily basis. We all TALK about a lot of things, but how many of us actually DO something? Most people shy away from attempting to do anything because they don't see the significance in their voice, or their actions, to make a difference. Others shy away from doing it because "they have their own problems to deal with". Either way, whether you're too busy or too scared, I am asking you to step out of your comfort zone and do something.

I realize it's not for a little over a month, but for my birthday I want my family, and my friends, and my friends friends to find their humanity and make somebodies day, do something good for somebody else, and not for your own benefit. I don't want your cards, or your money, or your gifts. Instead I want you to buy an outfit or a pair of shoes, and donate it. Give a homeless man a meal, donate a can of green beans to a soup kitchen, let someone pull out infront of you in traffic, tell somebody they look nice today even if it looks like they were run over a mack truck. I don't care if you pick a dead flower and give it to someone you don't even know, just make SOMEBODIES day. Everybody has their own trials and tribulations daily but just for one day, I'm asking you to show someone else the appreciation and respect that we seem to have lost for eachother somewhere along the line.

I know a lot of you are probably going to laugh at me and think this is the dumbest thing, but put yourself in someone elses shoes for once. Those posts you guys put up about the fat girl overdosing on diet pills, and that kid you called a fag contemplating suicide, they're ALL TRUE. Things like that happen everywhere, everyday, and posting those chain things are nice, but they don't do anything. If you're really against it, and you're really all about things changing, then DO SOMETHING, even if it is just for that crazy Ashlee girl's birthday.

www.facebook.com...

and thanks for reading

edit on 27-9-2011 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i have clicked i will attend i will do my best to honor these honest wishes....i try and do my best atleast once a week to make someones day out of the sheer joy of seeing a smile on their face...even if its just saying hi to an elder walking by...a smile and a hello just to acknowledge they exist does make a difference..

so from canada i shall spread the love!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

thank you

I actually used to be this way... when I was younger I always said that if we each can make just one person smile each day, then the world would be a better place...

unfortunately I've grown jaded and I now find the world is full of ignorant and selfish people

fortunately I have a wife that brings me back to my better years and puts a smile on my face, making my world better in the process.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

while the world may be full of a holes and ignorant people they are still people...not everyone is an a hole sometimes it can be a bad day sometimes they can be having a hard time...

sure sometimes i look at the world in disgust at how its turned out...but im not gonna punish people for others mistakes or ideals....

id rather smile and make one persons day brighter and die knowing i did something good out of the sheer goodness of my heart over dying and hating the world for what it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

fortunately I have a wife that brings me back to my better years and puts a smile on my face, making my world better in the process.

That's nice to hear..make sure you show her this thread..I think she might enjoy it..

now promise you will..k..

Is she a member here as well, by any chance?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
also just wanted to add...i put it on my FB profile to encourage others to join in the day...its not much but its a really good idea and in dark times any happiness we as a country can bring to the people is worth it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

she has a profile on ATS, but she doesn't spend any time here... mostly she just reads over my shoulder or we talk about the threads I am reading

and yes, eventually I will be pointing this one out to her as well

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

I appreciate it...

I used to be out and about daily and in contact with people of all types, and it was easy for me to see the good side of everyone, but these days I am at home more often than not watching the children while my wife works, and the little time I do get out of the house, all I see are people that NEED to drive like jerks because they need to get to their destination more than you do, or people that are just oblivious to their surroundings.

I don't like feeling this way, and via my wife and her birthday request, I am getting back a little bit that I lost in the past few years... she at the least shows me that there is hope in the world that not everyone just thinks of themselves

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I used to be out and about daily and in contact with people of all types, and it was easy for me to see the good side of everyone, but these days I am at home more often than not watching the children while my wife works, and the little time I do get out of the house, all I see are people that NEED to drive like jerks because they need to get to their destination more than you do, or people that are just oblivious to their surroundings.

Curious..would you mind telling us what your wife does for work?

Considering she has over 800 million people on her facebook, and wants more (to wish happy birthday) ..I'm sure she wouldn't be upset about the privacy issue..

Find it a little odd, that a woman has that many followers.. would be nice to know what she does..?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join