It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do most Living things need SLEEP???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Why we need to sleep? Simple no.
The dreamworld is way better

I've did a test with some friends a couple years ago.
How long can you be awake without sleeping.
It lasted 2 full days and nights.
The third day was really hard too keep my eyes open.
Man that were some funny times.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Unbelievable!!!

I was just thinking about this topic few days ago and promised myself to conduct a little research this weekend! Due to severe nightmares in the last few months as well as realization that the less I sleep better I feel, I started to question the necessity of sleeping... I will definitely be doing my research now... It feels great to know that I am not the only one who questions this human requirement... I usually sleep between 5 to 6 hours per night, if I sleep more than 6 hours I wake up with severe headache as well as my reaction mental and physical are slower... I always thought that this is due to habit that my body is use to... however due to these nightmare as of late I refused to sleep for few nights... I did feel tired however mentally I was very attuned...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Has anyone failed to ask: Why is this in 2012 fourm?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
the machine metaphor is completely unneeded because it has also been proven that animals and MEN are not machines. also, the question was why does our brain need rest, so the excuse that we just need to rest also makes no sense. when we are sleeping we are constantly thinking..

all i know is i am quite thankful i get a break from this DAILY REALITY

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Because the Dreaming Body needs excercise just like the physical one

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
the brain releases '___' while sleeping. '___' is a potent psychedelic substance. It is released from the pineal gland. the pineal gland is the window to other dimensions. (the third eye)

if you don't sleep, you become delusional and hallucinate

dreams are hallucinations

i think we need to sleep in order to stay in this dimension. Somehow the '___' keeps us rooted here.

without it you die, off to another dimension.

just a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join